1229 gold breaks into the next cycle

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:29 PM

here we are one day back into the upmove and we are testing resistance in the 1198(round # area). impressive. i would expect that this will not fall quite as quickly or as easily as the other resistance points. i look @a variety of stuff when analyzing the gold market. and one is cycles i have this cycle topping june 19th. yes, its a saturday. of course cycles can vary-ie shorter or longer. but , this is my guide and i do expect new forever highs by then. and i think that 1198 will be the guide as to how high we go, based on how long it takes to fall. silver has made a cup and handle and looks ready to rumble. while i love the story behind silver, i do think it was a set of unusual circumstances that brought it up to 52. jg- i do expect new forever highs again in the fall/winter. dougie- nice work your analysis is excellent. trust what you do dharma

#52 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

here we are one day back into the upmove and we are testing resistance in the 1198(round # area). impressive. i would expect that this will not fall quite as quickly or as easily as the other resistance points.
i look @a variety of stuff when analyzing the gold market.
and one is cycles i have this cycle topping june 19th. yes, its a saturday. of course cycles can vary-ie shorter or longer. but , this is my guide and i do expect new forever highs by then. and i think that 1198 will be the guide as to how high we go, based on how long it takes to fall.
silver has made a cup and handle and looks ready to rumble. while i love the story behind silver, i do think it was a set of unusual circumstances that brought it up to 52.
jg- i do expect new forever highs again in the fall/winter.
dougie- nice work your analysis is excellent. trust what you do
dharma

Thanks dharma. :) You know I am on this bull with you like a tick on a dog. :yes:

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#53 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

here we are one day back into the upmove and we are testing resistance in the 1198(round # area). impressive. i would expect that this will not fall quite as quickly or as easily as the other resistance points.
i look @a variety of stuff when analyzing the gold market.
and one is cycles i have this cycle topping june 19th. yes, its a saturday. of course cycles can vary-ie shorter or longer. but , this is my guide and i do expect new forever highs by then. and i think that 1198 will be the guide as to how high we go, based on how long it takes to fall.
silver has made a cup and handle and looks ready to rumble. while i love the story behind silver, i do think it was a set of unusual circumstances that brought it up to 52.
jg- i do expect new forever highs again in the fall/winter.
dougie- nice work your analysis is excellent. trust what you do
dharma

weak action in gold stocks, Senor not impressed and remains in cash

BSing away

Senor

#54 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

well its within the 2 trading days after thursday(turn date), and we are off. 1168,1183,1198,1213 and then 1229 breaks into the next cycle and suggests a move to new highs.
i do think new forever highs are in store in june. this was a back the truck up event. i am as much on margin as i am going to be. i will start shedding stuff as we go to new highs.
for me this down turn was educational, after these new highs i suspect this will be what we get, and it should be steeper.
dharma

Interesting, I actually think we could see muy importante lows in 2nd to 3rd week of June, I see nothing to make me want to be long XAU here. IMO being heavily margined here is very dangeous and risky.

Senor

#55 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

well its within the 2 trading days after thursday(turn date), and we are off. 1168,1183,1198,1213 and then 1229 breaks into the next cycle and suggests a move to new highs.
i do think new forever highs are in store in june. this was a back the truck up event. i am as much on margin as i am going to be. i will start shedding stuff as we go to new highs.
for me this down turn was educational, after these new highs i suspect this will be what we get, and it should be steeper.
dharma

Interesting, I actually think we could see muy importante lows in 2nd to 3rd week of June, I see nothing to make me want to be long XAU here. IMO being heavily margined here is very dangeous and risky.

Senor

perhaps you are unaware that today the canadian exchanges are closed
these will not be the last 2 legs of the gold bull you will miss
dharma

#56 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

dharma

Senor

perhaps you are unaware that today the canadian exchanges are closed
these will not be the last 2 legs of the gold bull you will miss
dharma

I have held a large gold coin position for years, we have discussed this, I will not sell, so what will I miss? I am talking about the gold and silver stocks that many trade as well as myself, as represented by the GDXJ and GDX. The GDX is at the same level it was in late 2007, and late 2009, so if one has held they are flat for almost 3 years. What has Canada being closed to do with this? If you are talking about some small Canadian juniors vs the broad sector lets be clear about what we refer to so we understand each other and others understand as well.

I am trying to figure out what I have "missed", the GDX and HUI and GDXJ at today's close have done nothing this year. I can get long at any time and have mostly relaxed in cash besides my gold coin holding and a few long term juniors I hold.

By the way, on a inflation adjusted basis in dollar terms gold is no where near new highs, that would be well above 2000. So those "forever" highs should come with an "asterik". Keep in mind I love gold and hold a lot of it in coins, but for me the golds stocks are trading vehicles - just look at the huge swings over the past 5 years.

NO BS

Senor

#57 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:12 AM

in resistance here, now is the tell for me if we take out 1198(1200) quickly then i think much higher levels will be seen for new highs, if not then we will still achieve new forever highs in june dharma

#58 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

big down day, for most of the day gold held firm, hanging in resistance 1198(1200) this should fall soon miners firm all day thursday is the full moon, which has marked lows the last few full moons looking for mojo to come into this market dharma

#59 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:17 AM

now we are testing 1213 end of the cycle you will know gold is in a strong position when it is above 1229 breaking into the next cycle which i expect that to happen. if the 1252 highs were a B as my alternate count and we just finished C down then we are starting a new impulse up which is where we are in either case. buckle up arms and legs inside the vehicle dharma

#60 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:21 AM

sprott buying another 6tonnes
http://www.zerohedge...follow-offering
pierre lassonde on king world news
http://www.kingworld...e_Lassonde.html

dharma