CRASH CALLERS & DIRECTIONAL FLIP FLOPPERS

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 draggen33

draggen33

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:18 AM

I won't be posting daily much longer... as a small break from the board is needed..

I leave you with a challenge to yourselves...to respect this stage ...and raise your game, for both yourself and others to see.,...and I'm __ serious.

see you at the close. :bowtie:

I for one hope you check in and lets us know what your thoughts are.
You have been on fire!!
I might not always agree with you , yet your thoughts make me look at my positions again , Please don't stay gone for long
THANKS FOR YOUR POSTS !!!!!!!!

#12 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:24 AM

Midday yesterday I broke my rules and got cute by going long USD, I need to raise my game...

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#13 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

I AM WORRIED ABOUT YOUR ARM BEING DAMAGED REACHING AROUND TO PAT YOUR OWN BACK. Modesty becomes us all. Best, Islander

Edited by Islander, 10 June 2010 - 09:30 AM.

#14 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

I AM WORRIED ABOUT YOUR ARM BEING DAMAGED REACHING AROUND TO PAT YOUR OWN BACK.

Modesty becomes us all.

Best, Islander

don't worry i got a fat wallet and can afford to fix it.. i'll even spring to fix yours when the time comes :D

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#15 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:34 AM

Midday yesterday I broke my rules and got cute by going long USD, I need to raise my game...

Happens to everyone nobody is perfect Mik even some here that road the crash on May 6 down and did not press the button and road it back up. 108 point swing that was not too genius. I won't mention names.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#16 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

Shorted this pork should be worth at least 10 or more from the highs. Again though we should go higher next week.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#17 bln

bln

• Traders-Talk User
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:47 AM

No McClellan divergence, no bottom, it's as simple as that. Small technical bounce and continued sideways chop chop is all the bulls can hope from here.

#18 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

With all due respect, your over confidence has me considering a fade.

I take no offense as to how you base your trading decisions,...

but i've said it many times before,...Mr Dev is NOT a good fade.. and over the years many a trader has learned it the hard way..

to quote CLint "go ahead punk ...make my day"

Edited by Mr Dev, 10 June 2010 - 09:51 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#19 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:52 AM

Dev, thanks for your input and I see what you are saying, but I think this is a tough market - we are in a downtrend but there will be wicked rallies. said to someone last night that looking at the strong MF in, we would probably exceed 1077 today, but my other standard indicators were against it. It is still a down trend, and I have left core shorts on, but have taken a couple of small longs. looking to short nflx hopefully on a gap up tomorrow, thanks to the board for bringing that to my attention. i have found it is always a problem on how to read the charts, how to weight divergent time frames and indicators - i wish it were as clear to me as to you, and thanks for helping me learn a little from your excellent exposition of how you do things. a lot of excellent analysis here and you know what they say - we learn the most from our mistakes. Noone need be embarrassed. the last thing - the trend followers are completely different from the reversion to the mean players, so you will get good calls from both at exactly the opposite times. as long as money management is good, they will both do well. there are even fundamental guys that do well, but need to have deeper pockets and longer time frames by definition - not many of these on the board as they will inevitably be chased away. I use FA as part of my plan, like arb uses a macro view as context.
best,
klh

#20 humbled

humbled

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

No doubt, Mr Dev, no doubt. For me, it's not so much a matter of raising my game as getting one, period. That's why I don't post much but do study the work of those who have a game and are generous enough to share it. I studied the one chart you posted a week ago long and hard and took some things from it. But that's your game. I'm still in the process of making my own. Hey, it's been incredibly valuable to follow the trading of folks like you, zoro, spooky, IYB, mss, and others I just don't have time to list---to see the dance as it's meant to be done. Thank you for that.