buying

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

In the meantime, the Feb low on GDX for instance -- if that's how low we might go -- is nearly 20 percent below here. How about a little short here with a tight stop? :swoon:

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#32 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

In the meantime, the Feb low on GDX for instance -- if that's how low we might go -- is nearly 20 percent below here.

How about a little short here with a tight stop? :swoon:

:) Trailing stop. This is now a free trade.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#33 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:07 PM

NICE CALL diogenes!

#34 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:22 PM

My guess is $1150-60 marks and then a multi-week turn higher.

There seems to be a lot of bearishness on gold right now so I admit I'd be at least a bit surprised if it went below $1150.

I bought a bit today to add to my core position as per above post.

But will wait for a visible weekly swing low before adding significantly...as I'm really looking for the multi-week low I believe we should get anytime between now and the next few weeks as a key place to buy.

Just IMHO.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#35 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:11 AM

gold made new lows silver did not hui made new lows, lower than 7/19 xau did not these are divergences. gdx made new lows gdxj did not divergences waiting to add it will be very soon. dharma

#36 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

In the meantime, the Feb low on GDX for instance -- if that's how low we might go -- is nearly 20 percent below here.

How about a little short here with a tight stop? :swoon:

:) Trailing stop. This is now a free trade.

Too profits on shorts here -- GDX, NEM, GG. Roughly 3.5 percent all together. If GDX breaks 47 support or rallies higher for a new read will probably short again.

:)