buying

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:58 AM

Guitar: you are not logarithmic there: why?

#12 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:10 AM

i bought yesterday morning and this morning.
do not mistake the power of a bull market
yes, corrections are part of the process,
where are the 2008 lows now?
shakeouts are part of the process.
buy weakness, sell strength. hold a core
while i dont think this correction is over
i do think we are going to have a big B
here.
check out the history of fiat.
dont take anyones word on anything. do your homework
inflation/deflation is the side show
this is about sovereign debt
everyone is on one side of the boat. its why i jumped on board the precious train
its not new , no fiat currency has ever lasted. will the dollar be different? how about the euro?
maybe this will be a 1st! do your homework study bull markets see how they all end
they all end w/everyone wanting in on the top. we have not had one limit up day in gold
there will be several. you risk your life when you get behind the wheel or cross the street
dharma
10years have gone by. lord knows how many more this thing has to go, but it will end when everyone is convinced that ogld is what they want to own

Hi Dharma,
FWIW, I reviewed that Merriman webcast again and he first said that as long as gold holds 1168 and silver holds $17 we should take off and make a new hi during the Helio Mercury in Saggitarius July 23-Aug 2 but it could sky rocket 6-9 days later...gold target 1300-1350 and silver possibly breaking a new hi to 22/23. Then he will get out of it because he expects a $200-300 drop but one wants to be long Sept 24-Oct 25 because when Mars goes into Scorpio Sept 14-Oct 28th usually 2-3 weeks gold is extremely bullish.

Also he expects the market to go up into the Saturn/Uranus Opposition July 26th which has marked tops the last 4 of them. Preferably targets there 10,436 +/- 194. But, it can be extended to August 8th. He said as long as 9614 held on the Dow then this rally would be corrective going into that time period.

According to him when metals are within the period when Mercury goes into Saggitarius 65% of the time we are up big/ 20% of the time we are down/ and the other 15% we are mildly up.

Good trading

TM

thanks traderama, i hope all is aok
i am thinking that we are going up in a B here and it will make new highs. the cycle tops beginning of oct . and could very well extend.
for right here right now, i am looking for a short term pull back and i will finish my buying and then a rocket launch there are so many factors, and the pressure keeps building. i am 95% long. and building.only buying weakness so far. got screwed on buying a thinly traded junior this am. thank you.
although it is positive now. make no mistake governments continued interfering in the markets and money will only cause more distortions. not solve problems. anyway, the 1180 ish has held my #is1183 buckle up , arms and legs in the vehicle. dharma

Thanks for asking Dharma. Husband doing good. I have a question on your cycle new hi. With Merriman's cycles he says when you're in a new cycle phase it normally bullish in the beginning. Could you have a new hi early in your cycle and is what your saying is that we are in a new cycle in July ending in October but could extend. I remember you said June was where that last cycle ended. I was just curious if you could see a new high coming within the next 2 weeks like Merriman for gold...especially during that Helio Mercury Saggi phase. Then maybe go down from there ending in October...which he's basically thinking at this time a low which should be bought around Oct 8th for Venus Retrograde reversal. Or are you thinking a topping at that time for a new hi?

Thanks for your input.

TM

P.S..I got a kick out of a trader on FF asking does anyone know how to trade this market..I felt like answering...Only Uranus knows..This is where astrology helps when it comes to making any sense out of this choppiness imo.

#13 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

Simple chart...but possible pattern(s).

Posted Image

jguitarslim, the yellow pennant is the one that intrigues me the most. it implies the whole move since the 08 lows is a big base, a continuation pattern , that could see much much higher prices. wxman posted a chart a while ago in which he gave much much higher projections. i am in his camp!
buying this am on the weakness, i expect to finish my buying today and wait for the tide to come in and lift my little boats
more qe will be coming down the pike. and each shock will require more voltage, w/ diminishing results. we need thinkers who can think outside the box. not just keynesian status quo bernake, geithner, and summers type guys.
40 million americans are on food stamps. thats like one in 8. rome is burning folks. what is that fiat worth? dont worry the government will protect you.
dharma

#14 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

Again, very nice chart. And again, timely observation. That yellow line is very good stop, force the sector to walk up it -- if it doesn't, gone; and if it does, and dharma's bullishness comes true, golden days... Very useful charting you're doing here. Where exactly is that yellow line at now? Thanks for these posts.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#15 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

here.
everyone is on one side of the boat. its why i jumped on board the precious train
its not new , no fiat currency has ever lasted. will the dollar be different? how about the euro?
maybe this will be a 1st! do your homework study bull markets see how they all end
they all end w/everyone wanting in on the top. we have not had one limit up day in gold
there will be several. you risk your life when you get behind the wheel or cross the street
dharma
10years have gone by. lord knows how many more this thing has to go, but it will end when everyone is convinced that ogld is what they want to own

Hi Dharma,
FWIW, I reviewed that Merriman webcast again and he first said that as long as gold holds 1168 and silver holds $17 we should take off and make a new hi during the Helio Mercury in Saggitarius July 23-Aug 2 but it could sky rocket 6-9 days later...gold target 1300-1350 and silver possibly breaking a new hi to 22/23. Then he will get out of it because he expects a $200-300 drop but one wants to be long Sept 24-Oct 25 because when Mars goes into Scorpio Sept 14-Oct 28th usually 2-3 weeks gold is extremely bullish.

Also he expects the market to go up into the Saturn/Uranus Opposition July 26th which has marked tops the last 4 of them. Preferably targets there 10,436 +/- 194. But, it can be extended to August 8th. He said as long as 9614 held on the Dow then this rally would be corrective going into that time period.

According to him when metals are within the period when Mercury goes into Saggitarius 65% of the time we are up big/ 20% of the time we are down/ and the other 15% we are mildly up.

Good trading

TM

thanks traderama, i hope all is aok
i am thinking that we are going up in a B here and it will make new highs. the cycle tops beginning of oct . and could very well extend.
for right here right now, i am looking for a short term pull back and i will finish my buying and then a rocket launch there are so many factors, and the pressure keeps building. i am 95% long. and building.only buying weakness so far. got screwed on buying a thinly traded junior this am. thank you.
although it is positive now. make no mistake governments continued interfering in the markets and money will only cause more distortions. not solve problems. anyway, the 1180 ish has held my #is1183 buckle up , arms and legs in the vehicle. dharma

Thanks for asking Dharma. Husband doing good. I have a question on your cycle new hi. With Merriman's cycles he says when you're in a new cycle phase it normally bullish in the beginning. Could you have a new hi early in your cycle and is what your saying is that we are in a new cycle in July ending in October but could extend. I remember you said June was where that last cycle ended. I was just curious if you could see a new high coming within the next 2 weeks like Merriman for gold...especially during that Helio Mercury Saggi phase. Then maybe go down from there ending in October...which he's basically thinking at this time a low which should be bought around Oct 8th for Venus Retrograde reversal. Or are you thinking a topping at that time for a new hi?

Thanks for your input.

TM

P.S..I got a kick out of a trader on FF asking does anyone know how to trade this market..I felt like answering...Only Uranus knows..This is where astrology helps when it comes to making any sense out of this choppiness imo.

good news on your hubby. this particular cycle calls tops. the highs are on the date the cycle indicates. all else is noise
dharma

#16 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

here.
dharma

Grande picture I do not disagree with you, I worry that a decline in miners below the Feb low is a real possibility

Senor

#17 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:55 AM

Silver too is now trying to fill it's gap from the 16th of Jully 17.93-17.58..just shot up with volume!..along with gold...I think we are starting our rallying into Mecury Saggi!....A print of 17.80 will trigger a Sars (17.79) buy on the daily for SLV which should challenge 18.25....,.also depending on where the vix closes today might be important..the monthly 50 ma is 24.68...and vix is trading under that..it's showing fear is subsiding...now this could be short term of course...and come back next week when we hit the Saturn/Uranus Opposition/ Full moon and going into the Cardinal Climax tail. Thanks for your insights on your cycle. I find it all interesting and learn from all. I can understand more why you bank on your cycle more than just TA. Of course, it's not over yet and time will tell. As I said Merriman thinks a top in gold by the first week of August if not sooner then the fall. But perhaps that fall surges us to your top cycle in October where Venus Retro comes into play rather than a low. We all have our different ways of making money. I think we can learn from all. That's why I'm cautious always on forecasting as for me it puts a mindset in my head. I prefer just knowing what to watch on the upside and downside and let the market tell me. Good trading TM

#18 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:55 AM

Silver too is now trying to fill it's gap from the 16th of Jully 17.93-17.58..just shot up with volume!..along with gold...I think we are starting our rallying into Mecury Saggi!....A print of 17.80 will trigger a Sars (17.79) buy on the daily for SLV which should challenge 18.25....,.also depending on where the vix closes today might be important..the monthly 50 ma is 24.68...and vix is trading under that..it's showing fear is subsiding...now this could be short term of course...and come back next week when we hit the Saturn/Uranus Opposition/ Full moon and going into the Cardinal Climax tail.

Thanks for your insights on your cycle. I find it all interesting and learn from all. I can understand more why you bank on your cycle more than just TA. Of course, it's not over yet and time will tell. As I said Merriman thinks a top in gold by the first week of August if not sooner then the fall. But perhaps that fall surges us to your top cycle in October where Venus Retro comes into play rather than a low.

We all have our different ways of making money. I think we can learn from all. That's why I'm cautious always on forecasting as for me it puts a mindset in my head. I prefer just knowing what to watch on the upside and downside and let the market tell me.

Good trading

TM

As I just typed this...the SARS buy hit on slv on the daily

#19 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:16 AM

dont mistake genius for a bull market i do analysis on the on the gold market, cycles, gann work, standard ta etc, it all takes a back seat to the power of the trend the bull tries to take as few as possible w/him as he thrusts his horns upward. i defer to the power of the bull. it is something that i learned over time the primary trend is what makes you money few , very few are highly skilled traders. fact-85%of investors manage to lose money. stay w/the trend until it is near complete aristotle a trend in motion will continue until it actually stops. all that being said i am long and lightly on margin. how all this plays out , gives me a headache when i contemplate it. all i know is , its a bull and the rhythm of the market will lift all boats higher. there is always so much to worry about. worry all you want , ride the trend. easy to say, read these pages, few , very few will do it. and in the end those that miss the trend will kick themselves in the butt. take a seat, sure its a gut wrenching ride. no one said it will be easy. i am here to keep you on track. worry all you want. but , take a seat jesse said he made the most money by just sitting. a few here are doing just that dharma

#20 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:27 AM

dont mistake genius for a bull market
i do analysis on the on the gold market, cycles, gann work, standard ta etc, it all takes a back seat to the power of the trend
the bull tries to take as few as possible w/him as he thrusts his horns upward. i defer to the power of the bull. it is something that i learned over time
the primary trend is what makes you money few , very few are highly skilled traders. fact-85%of investors manage to lose money.
stay w/the trend until it is near complete
aristotle a trend in motion will continue until it actually stops.
all that being said i am long and lightly on margin. how all this plays out , gives me a headache when i contemplate it.
all i know is , its a bull and the rhythm of the market will lift all boats higher. there is always so much to worry about.
worry all you want , ride the trend. easy to say, read these pages, few , very few will do it. and in the end those that miss the
trend will kick themselves in the butt. take a seat, sure its a gut wrenching ride. no one said it will be easy.
i am here to keep you on track.
worry all you want.
but , take a seat
jesse said he made the most money by just sitting. a few here are doing just that
dharma

This is so true, Dharma. I was just saying this to my husband too. You dont always have to be in the market. If you just have a few good swing lows a year, you can do just as well rather than trading in and out and with less stress. I think some traders misconstrue what your calling and think you are short term trading most the time..which you may be but that's not where your biggest gains come from. It's the swing low cycle work. Thanks for you input and sharing your cycle work.

TM