buying

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

the truth is i am never ever under 85% invested in this sector. i only trade the other part when the cycle tops-ie 15% sure i have drawdowns. its why i play w/very little margin and @some point in this bull, volatility will be like nothing most have seen . limit up days. and 200-300 price swings. it will not be for the faint of heart in 79 literally ,every time i sold, i bought back @a higher price. this is one jealous lover(the market) its how the concept of a core position came about. few know what they are talking about, and they dont bother to post i post to try and help! dharma

Edited by dharma, 22 July 2010 - 09:38 AM.

#22 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

posted on king world news
http://kingworldnews...In_A_Mania.html
interesting chart
dharma

#23 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

Grande picture I do not disagree with you, I worry that a decline in miners below the Feb low is a real possibility

Senor

Still waiting for an August low based on the current 15 week cycle. That is where I'll buy.

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#24 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:34 PM

Grande picture I do not disagree with you, I worry that a decline in miners below the Feb low is a real possibility

Senor

Still waiting for an August low based on the current 15 week cycle. That is where I'll buy.

cheers,

john

yes true, i dont think it will be a lower low

dharma

Edited by dharma, 22 July 2010 - 02:36 PM.

#25 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:25 AM

Senor

cheers,

john

week tres of August is my guess for a low

Senor

#26 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:51 AM

still here but have not been trading much. Way to crazy market for me. Have looked at the charts though and see little parabolic coming in next 7 or so days so involved now and looking for the trade. EASY BREEZY getting in. Problem is getting out.

#27 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

Senor

cheers,

john

Senor

Yes senor, that is what I am looking for.
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#28 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

we should know shortly which way the miners break dharma

#29 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

My guess is $1150-60 marks and then a multi-week turn higher. There seems to be a lot of bearishness on gold right now so I admit I'd be at least a bit surprised if it went below $1150.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#30 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

Senor

cheers,

john

Senor

Yes senor, that is what I am looking for.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."