• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:44 PM

TRENDS CAN CHANGE ON A DIME

I will have to disagree with you on that. There's ALWAYS warning before a trend changes. The worst that can happen is you end up giving the top or bottom 1-2% if you are late. If you are early, well sky's the limit :D

Sure, like a trend line break to the downside, My dime is based on SWISS FRANCS.... (could be a day or so or a few hurs at least...).... :) :)

#12 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:58 PM

I will have to disagree with you on that. There's ALWAYS warning before a trend changes. The worst that can happen is you end up giving the top or bottom 1-2% if you are late. If you are early, well sky's the limit :D

NAV so true, I have lost much dinero looking for CIT...

Signal just went to neutral on AUD/JPY...

Mikey, AUD/JPY is topping..... CAN/JPY is heading down as is EUR/JPY.

GS.

#13 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:35 AM

NAV so true, I have lost much dinero looking for CIT...

Signal just went to neutral on AUD/JPY...

Mikey, AUD/JPY is topping..... CAN/JPY is heading down as is EUR/JPY.

GS.

Looks like we are about to get a blowoff...

Edited by MikeyG, 27 July 2010 - 06:36 AM.

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#14 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:29 AM

I reworked the TS and took out any bias what so ever. Nothing in there says cit yet in other words up but the back end of the score is signaling caution after this week or next. if we get over 1126 by weds 1156 next. OIL now looks like a beast and even stronger than the equities which should help them also. The wheat juggernaut is back going over 600 now.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#15 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:46 AM

I reworked the TS and took out any bias what so ever. Nothing in there says cit yet in other words up but the back end of the score is signaling caution after this week or next.
if we get over 1126 by weds 1156 next.

OIL now looks like a beast and even stronger than the equities which should help them also.

The wheat juggernaut is back going over 600 now.

Z, don't expect that rally in dollar anymore??? T-score for the buck took a nosedive...

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#16 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:09 AM

I reworked the TS and took out any bias what so ever. Nothing in there says cit yet in other words up but the back end of the score is signaling caution after this week or next.
if we get over 1126 by weds 1156 next.

OIL now looks like a beast and even stronger than the equities which should help them also.

The wheat juggernaut is back going over 600 now.

Z, don't expect that rally in dollar anymore??? T-score for the buck took a nosedive...

Nope except for st stuff. If it changes so will I but it has been taking out targets like a knife through butter. I did expect it to hit high 81 as I mentioned on the blog a week ago but I am thinking 80's now after a pop.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#17 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

So, don't swim against the current, gents? Always a belief of mine, as well-although I do sneek in a counter trend trade here and there-like the cash both ways. "Cardinal climax" wow, sounds scarry NAV!

#18 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

May get a 5 min pump and dump this am then it should change again around just before noon say 11:50+-

#19 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

So, don't swim against the current, gents? Always a belief of mine, as well-although I do sneek in a counter trend trade here and there-like the cash both ways.

"Cardinal climax" wow, sounds scarry NAV!

Like this am Spookasaurus rex. :lol:

Rock and roll buddy.

#20 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:54 AM

And currently that direction is UP. Period.

IYB, I understand your point however, on April 25 at SPX 1220 the exact same statement could have been made.
also on June 21st, the exact same statemnt could have been made. In fact many went along with it and there was relative silence on this board for a few days...after June 21st.

In both these occasions the SPX lost over 100 points in a matter of days......

when people realized what was happening your account may have taken a haircut.

That's all I 'm saying. I trade in shorter timeframes and I care about short term turns as what we may get Tomorrow.....if not Tonight.

GS.

The market never, ever turns on a dime. It sets up a move for weeks in advance. On April 25, at 1220, the McO had been badly lagging for weeks, having hit -40 just days before, and barely managing to get + on new recovery HIGHS for SPX:

..and in fact on May 3, 2010 I got a Seven Sentinels SELL Signal based on the completeion of the turn of internals from up to down by then:

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=0&mn=5&dy=0&i=p23366500307&a=183933418&r=844.png
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds