MARKET THOUGHTS RUT TRADE

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 stocktrender

stocktrender

• Traders-Talk User
  • 339 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

There are three kinds of people in the world, people who make things happen... people who watch things happen ... and people who say “What happened?”

Well, I'm making progress. I've gone from being one who says "What happened" to one who watches things happen. One more step and I'll be right there with the smart people.

Oh yeah, one question. What happens if Israel bombs Iran in the next couple of days? You know they've got only three days left.

what happens in 3 days?

#12 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

There are three kinds of people in the world, people who make things happen... people who watch things happen ... and people who say “What happened?”

Well, I'm making progress. I've gone from being one who says "What happened" to one who watches things happen. One more step and I'll be right there with the smart people.

Oh yeah, one question. What happens if Israel bombs Iran in the next couple of days? You know they've got only three days left.

hi CMI
im glad to hear you're making progress. ;)
regarding your 'What happens if ? ' question, can i let you in on a little secrets of mine ?

** i don't trade the news. **
first reason being,.. that's exactly what the mob does.
second reason, i have other more reliable resources .

trade smarter :bowtie:

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#13 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

hola amigo,

in answer to your question: Will you be shorting from the levels you posted above?

well i'm ready to trade either way
but i already trade quickly. the key is to maintain accuracy.

my technical work for 1-3, or 30 day swing trading is already ahead of the curve usually by a day or two.

so it's important for me to maintain my patience, and wait for proper technical maturation.

:bowtie:

Mr. D -
My own target for this move was RUT 630/IWM 62.90

Will you be shorting from the levels you posted above?

My own studies are pointing quite clearly to do so.

Gracias, se~or

Pedro

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#14 CallMeIshmael

CallMeIshmael

• Traders-Talk User
  • 767 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

hi CMI
regarding your 'What happens if ? ' question, can i let you in on a little secrets of mine ?

Thanx for that pard and it might surprise you to read that I don't usuaully trade on news either (other than to fade it) but this news would seem to me to signal catastrophe. I can't see how the market would fail to respond any other way than hysterically. Of course that would offer an ideal fading opportunity but I wouldn't want to get caught on the wrong side of it nevertheless. The fading opportunity would ultimately come from much lower levels. Why not avoid that risk, at least for the next few days?

#15 stocktrender

stocktrender

• Traders-Talk User
  • 339 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:05 PM

hi CMI

Thanx for that pard and it might surprise you to read that I don't usuaully trade on news either (other than to fade it) but this news would seem to me to signal catastrophe. I can't see how the market would fail to respond any other way than hysterically. Of course that would offer an ideal fading opportunity but I wouldn't want to get caught on the wrong side of it nevertheless. The fading opportunity would ultimately come from much lower levels. Why not avoid that risk, at least for the next few days?

Where do you get your info from. Where does it say Israel is going to bomb Iran in the next few days. I have not read or heard that anywhere accept from you.

#16 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

OK Mr. Dev how about this one. . . What if it gets so hot in the next couple of days that the United States drinks Canada Dry?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#17 Flip

Flip

• Traders-Talk User
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:14 PM

I

hi CMI

Where do you get your info from. Where does it say Israel is going to bomb Iran in the next few days. I have not read or heard that anywhere accept from you.

It's just speculation. Russia is supposed to fire up the reactor they've been building for Iran.

#18 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:24 PM

a hat tip to you my friend. you do fine work dharma

#19 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

:D i enjoyed that but know that a lot of people get a monkey off their back in order to make room for an elephant.

OK Mr. Dev how about this one. . .

What if it gets so hot in the next couple of days that the United States drinks Canada Dry?

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#20 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

:D i enjoyed that but know that a lot of people get a monkey off their back in order to make room for an elephant.

OK Mr. Dev how about this one. . .

What if it gets so hot in the next couple of days that the United States drinks Canada Dry?

You want an elephant? OK. I can gross-up a bit.

What are you going to do Mr. Dev if Germany gets Hungary in the next few days and then decides to just swallow Turkey whole? :o

;)

Edited by milbank, 17 August 2010 - 02:44 PM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe