the trend is your friend

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#91 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

alot of talk about gold, and there should be, its real money . all the fiats are paper lies, w/no intrinsic value and its quite effortless to make more of em.

dharma

Next year the question will NOT be 'what is the price of gold?" but "what is money?"
If you don't make that transition, then kiss your 'profits' goodbye

man, i wasnt got to write any more today, but you hit the nail on the head. countires are asking themselves that question right now. notice gold sales , except for imf, by cbs are non existent . they are all on the buy.
jg-cbs hold gold so should i . imho there were a very unique set of circumstances that happened in 80. i sincerely doubt silver gets above 52, but i would cry if silver did. and as things get more speculative it would not surprise me to see silver get significant mojo. leader. my 1st statement is what i think, gold=money
silver-to my knowledge not one cb holds silver
dharma

should read
if silver got above 52 i wouldnt cry!

#92 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

here on out , into strength i am a seller. looking to raise @least 10% cash. dharma

#93 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:00 AM

raising cash. sold into the strength this am. no more margin into the black. cycle high is very close in time. when i am done w/my selling this will conclude this thread for me. i will be looking for oversold divergences. depending on the decline, i will either buy hourly or daily divergences dharma

#94 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

wow dharma you called this summer to a T

#95 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

raising cash.
sold into the strength this am. no more margin
into the black. cycle high is very close in time.
when i am done w/my selling this will conclude this thread for me.
i will be looking for oversold divergences. depending on the decline, i will either buy hourly or daily divergences
dharma

Thanks for your updates, Dharma. You really had conviction here. Please start a new thread when a new cycle begins and your continuous thoughts. Next week should be wild for metals and the market...Mars and Venus in Scorpio with Venus retrograde Friday...It doesn't appear that the currency war talk is going to end anytime soon....especially now that Congress passed the bill for sanctions on China...This can't be good going forward for currencies as you have mentioned.

Do you think the pullback might be shallow..like back to the 1200-1250 area on gold? Gold has just been going up gradually..not as parabolic as I thought it might...it feels still controlled imo...but there is still time for that too as we enter Mars in Scorpio.
TM

#96 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

raising cash.
sold into the strength this am. no more margin
into the black. cycle high is very close in time.
when i am done w/my selling this will conclude this thread for me.
i will be looking for oversold divergences. depending on the decline, i will either buy hourly or daily divergences
dharma

Thanks for your updates, Dharma. You really had conviction here. Please start a new thread when a new cycle begins and your continuous thoughts. Next week should be wild for metals and the market...Mars and Venus in Scorpio with Venus retrograde Friday...It doesn't appear that the currency war talk is going to end anytime soon....especially now that Congress passed the bill for sanctions on China...This can't be good going forward for currencies as you have mentioned.

Do you think the pullback might be shallow..like back to the 1200-1250 area on gold? Gold has just been going up gradually..not as parabolic as I thought it might...it feels still controlled imo...but there is still time for that too as we enter Mars in Scorpio.
TM

this move was muted 1325 starts the death zone and as of yet we have not reached it
i dont know how the correction will take shape,ie shallow or deep. all i know is this leg is about out of time.
currency wars its said was a contributing factor to the last great depression and there are these know nothings in congress voting for another round!
get these know nothings out of there
ahemm, anyway. i plan to continue this thread till monday. and then wait for the buy. whenever it comes, i will be ready.
dharma
yes, the astro gets wild. retrograde venus on the 8th and the start of the 9days of mother divine on the 8th is powerful set up
i feel naked being 85% long

#97 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:04 AM

i sold these #s yesterday. the high is either in or it can come monday, beyond that stretches the cycle, which of course is possible. as traderama and ken have pointed out oct8th venus goes retrograde so i expect reversals either in the broads or gold also on the 8th starts the 9days of mother divine , which also causes reversals, so look for some fire works. i am now wearing my buying hat! dharma

#98 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:26 AM

Dharma, Could please clarify that you are waring your "buying hat" for couple of days or you think this run still has legs until mid Oct? Thanks,

#99 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:48 AM

i sold these #s yesterday. the high is either in or it can come monday, beyond that stretches the cycle, which of course is possible.
as traderama and ken have pointed out oct8th venus goes retrograde so i expect reversals either in the broads or gold
also on the 8th starts the 9days of mother divine , which also causes reversals, so look for some fire works. i am now wearing my buying hat!
dharma

This was last week's Merriman. He doesn't have a column this week. But I thought it would be interesting to post the correlation to Venus retrgrade with how much the average reversal is...Now this is for the equities but seeing gold has been going up with equities...it will be interesting to see if there is a bullish divergence there. That's what I"ll be looking for too. As long as the currency wars will be here, gold's pullbacks should not be anything major imo..unless we all kiss and make up..which aint gonna happen!

The orb of influence is still in force, however. But now our attention will begin to focus on Venus retrograde, taking place on October 8. This signature has a 78% historical correlation to primary or greater cycles within an orb of 12 trading days, as reported in “The Ultimate Book on Stock Market Timing, Volume 3: Geocosmic Correlation to Trading Cycles.” It has an 83% correlation to a 4% or greater reversal in stock indices within 4 trading days. Since the Jupiter-Uranus conjunction of September 18 and Sun-Jupiter opposition of September 21 also have a 75+% correlation to primary or greater cycles within 12 trading days, it is possible that all signatures could be fulfilled with a cycle crest during the period all these time bands overlap

http://www.mmacycles...ember-27,-2010/

Thursday is a new moon too which normally you get a plus/minus 1 day reversal depending if you are going up or down into it. That doesn't mean it's a top either. I wouldn't be surprise if that comes in the following week based on Venus retrograde..although some of the short and long etfs are getting close to a macd reversal. But the NYMI is looking bullish till its not...as the 50 MA crossed above the 200 MA yesterday...yet that can be short lived like it was in April/May. This month is most likely going to have fun with the bears and bulls. The problem with the bears is that they get too beared up too quickly rather than wait for supports to break and close under it...too many get overzealous..at this point, until I see more point and figure breaking down on the momentum indicators, you can't get too beared up...even though I'm not bullish either..(for equities that is...long term gold I am and waiting for the next cycle low for getting back into gld and slv)...The only thing I got an alert on pnf is the NYSE weekly momentum changed to O which means supply is starting to show signs of taking over demand...that's a start..but we need to see the Euro reverse for any downside imo. Watching for any bullish divergence on gold/silver once we really do correct..because the bears are going to get overzealous again on gold with the first correction.

TM

#100 Ken

Ken

• Traders-Talk User
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:30 AM

I'm not very familiar with the details of astrology so maybe dharma, tradermama or someone else can answer this question. According to Merriman, Mars is in Scorpio from Sept 14 to Oct 28th and gold 90% of the time is bullish for 2 to 5 weeks during this time period. However, he goes on to say that in about 80% of the cases the gold rally will top out after 13 degrees of Scorpio. In the other situations, it tops out very early and then sells off, as it did in the October - November 2008 instance, the last time in Scorpio. Anyone have any thoughts on that? On what date will we be 13 degrees of Scorpio? We've already had 2 weeks of a bullish move in gold. Is it possible the gold rally could end early this time?

To answer my above question and according to Merriman, the crest in gold should occur when Mars is between 13-28 degrees which means October 4 to October 26.

Venus retrograde is coming up on October 8th and lasts until November 18, 2010. In Merriman's 2010 Forecast Book he states that Venus retrograde is normally associated with primary cycle crests and that major reversals in almost all financial markets - currencies, stocks, T-bonds, etc., usually occur within 10 days of October 8th and November 18th. October 8th will take start at 13 degrees of Scorpio. Could the top for gold in this current primary cycle occur on October 8th?