the trend is your friend

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#101 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

interesting ken and traderama. i respect merriman, and i have bought his forecast book for the last 6 years. the harmonic could definitely extend, although its not my preferred position right now. 1325 for my work is a death zone. and the markets inability to approach that # tells me sellers are defending this area. and w/time being up, i chose to scale back. now normally corrections last a couple of months, this one may be shorter in time. if i step back a bit to the yearly cycle, last years top was december 3rd, now yearly cycles are not as precise as short term harmonics. however, it is something to note. i think this correction could be short in time and maybe -100 in price (similar to the move to 1156, which created memories of 2008 w/o the bite, but it managed to snake some folks from their positions. i am wearing my buy hat looking for opportunities , as they develop. some issues look strong while others grope for a bottom. its a market of stocks w/i the gold/silver sector. always remember the trend is your friend, and sooner or later even most poor buys get lifted. trying to avoid pain= lack of understanding while merriman has zeroed in on oct 8,venus retrograde, it is also the start of the 9days of mother divine which generally has much significance for the market dharma

#102 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

interesting ken and traderama. i respect merriman, and i have bought his forecast book for the last 6 years.
the harmonic could definitely extend, although its not my preferred position right now. 1325 for my work is a death zone. and the markets inability to approach that # tells me sellers are defending this area. and w/time being up, i chose to scale back. now normally corrections last a couple of months, this one may be shorter in time. if i step back a bit to the yearly cycle, last years top was december 3rd, now yearly cycles are not as precise as short term harmonics. however, it is something to note. i think this correction could be short in time and maybe -100 in price (similar to the move to 1156, which created memories of 2008 w/o the bite, but it managed to snake some folks from their positions. i am wearing my buy hat looking for opportunities , as they develop. some issues look strong while others grope for a bottom. its a market of stocks w/i the gold/silver sector. always remember the trend is your friend, and sooner or later even most poor buys get lifted.
trying to avoid pain= lack of understanding
while merriman has zeroed in on oct 8,venus retrograde, it is also the start of the 9days of mother divine which generally has much significance for the market
dharma

My thoughts are the same regarding a short lived pullback with maybe -100..I"m thinking back to the 1260 area first ...the Euro plays a part of this of course...and is showing signs of topping...today we had China in love with Europe (Euro) most likely in retaliation to our possible future sanctions ...is this Rhetoric from us? From them?...I dont think it is and that could be why we dont pullback too much....like you have been saying..we are in a currency war and .gold really hasn't done it's parabolic rise too...giving more argument to a lesser degree of a pullback..silver could be the best play going forward ..percentagewise

Thanks for your explanations Dharma...

TM

#103 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:43 PM

notice today gold/silver are barely down. cbs hold gold and the miners are getting clubbed. it tells me the players in the miners dont have conviction. when the metal sneezes the miners get pneumonia. this will change.i am starting a position in san gold right here. it has daily divergences .3.23(yes, it is below that , but that level is still a magnet) is the .382 correction. if the divergences hold i will start adding, if not i will wait for the next lower fib. or for divergences to develop again. before adding dharma Experience shows that neither a state nor a bank ever has had the unrestricted power of issuing paper money without abusing that power; in all states, therefore, the issue of paper money ought to be under some check and control; and none seems so proper for that purpose as subjecting the issuers of paper money to the obligation of paying their notes either in gold coin or bullion. Henry Hazlitt (1984)

Edited by dharma, 04 October 2010 - 02:47 PM.

#104 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:04 AM

for my work 1325-1341 for this cycle is the death zone. lets see if we can get above that .1358 starts the next price cycle. breaking above 1358 indicates mojo is on the way. i added san gold yesterday and i will not add into strength @this point w/the market in the death zone. 90% invested. @the gold conference day 2 eric sprott recommended 3 juniors san gold galway resources ramarco minerals dharma

#105 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:16 AM

for my work 1325-1341 for this cycle is the death zone. lets see if we can get above that .1358 starts the next price cycle. breaking above 1358 indicates mojo is on the way. i added san gold yesterday and i will not add into strength @this point w/the market in the death zone. 90% invested.
@the gold conference day 2 eric sprott recommended 3 juniors
san gold
galway resources
ramarco minerals
dharma

Thanks dharma. Always appreciated.

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#106 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

for my work 1325-1341 for this cycle is the death zone. lets see if we can get above that .1358 starts the next price cycle. breaking above 1358 indicates mojo is on the way. i added san gold yesterday and i will not add into strength @this point w/the market in the death zone. 90% invested.
san gold
galway resources
ramarco minerals
dharma

$hui is to be watched..a weekly close over 520 is that breakout of cup n handle pattern...so far 523...and so far markets rising into Venus retrograde...

#107 Ken

Ken

• Traders-Talk User
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:50 AM

san gold
galway resources
ramarco minerals
dharma

$hui is to be watched..a weekly close over 520 is that breakout of cup n handle pattern...so far 523...and so far markets rising into Venus retrograde...

But if markets are rising into Venus retrograde which starts on Oct 8th doesn't that mean a correction would follow? Venus retrograde has a higher correlation to crests. Maybe I'm confused. I thought the crest would occur on Oct 8th and that would be the primary cycle crest for gold, silver, mining equities, etc., and a low would follow from Oct 8th or maybe gold and silver crest during Oct 8th to November 18th during the venus retrograde period.

#108 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

san gold
galway resources
ramarco minerals
dharma

But if markets are rising into Venus retrograde which starts on Oct 8th doesn't that mean a correction would follow? Venus retrograde has a higher correlation to crests. Maybe I'm confused. I thought the crest would occur on Oct 8th and that would be the primary cycle crest for gold, silver, mining equities, etc., and a low would follow from Oct 8th or maybe gold and silver crest during Oct 8th to November 18th during the venus retrograde period.

that in theory is how it works. topping into venus retrograde. this may last longer than that we shall see. getting above 1358 is an indication that this wants to run
dharma

#109 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

san gold
galway resources
ramarco minerals
dharma

Yes but Merriman also mentioned within 12 trading days for a crest...even though I understand he told his subscribers he thought it would be on Venus Retro exact..which I think it still can be. Maybe the markets top but gold doesn't?...the currency war isn't going away..so for me it's hard to think of a "major" top. Also it may take a while for that pattern to complete. Also, remember Merriman was wrong on gold for end of July and August. It's not 100% but a high correlation to a crest/bottom. I will always use TA first over astrology. That said, let's see how we close too. Maybe it closes 520 and then range bound where the hi is today?..and reverses back into the pattern....I'm just as confused as you trying to pick any tops.. :D I was just noticing it crossed over that breakout on the cup n handle.
TM

#110 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

we are in a run , if it lasts or not , that is the only question.
according to sinclair
http://jsmineset.com/
some serious [bleeeep] there.
tally ho
dharma