128 replies to this topic

#81 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

jr miners rather muted on golds pop

dougie

My jrs lagging today also. They had a good run last few days so I suspect profit taking has set in. Besides, gold above $1300 and people start thinking end of bull run. I am still holding TTCCH. :)
Peace
johngeorge

#82 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:41 PM

dougie

My jrs lagging today also. They had a good run last few days so I suspect profit taking has set in. Besides, gold above $1300 and people start thinking end of bull run. I am still holding TTCCH. :)

BLOOMBERG: http://www.bloomberg...s-jewelers.html

Snip >

“People are buying every dip in gold,” said Leonard Kaplan, the president of Prospector Asset Management in Evanston, Illinois. “The trend isn’t going to change until interest rates rise.”

Snip>

"Physical demand is still there,” said Afshin Nabavi, a senior vice president at bullion refiner MKS Finance SA in Geneva. “We saw some Far-Eastern buyers, and some Indian interest.”

Snip>
Peace
johngeorge

#83 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

dougie, you watch every little wiggle, then you get snaked out.
this about currency devaluation. every currency is trying to make itself @ 0 to increase exports
this is not lost on gold. step back see the big picture.
dharma

#84 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:12 PM

right you are dharma, and i confess to have been guilty of taking profits into these highs so i am talking my game when i say that. i dont have your intestinal fortitude to carry 85% longs

#85 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

alot of talk about gold, and there should be, its real money . all the fiats are paper lies, w/no intrinsic value and its quite effortless to make more of em. this week all is clear , after that its iffy. i will lighten up, but not yet. its not intestinal fortitude that keeps me on the bulls back, its knowledge. its studying markets. no one in their right mind enjoys corrections. watching their resources dwindle, but this too is part of the cycle. i studied great traders, read all i could on some of the legendary traders. they all made their fortunes riding the trend. some did it w/a particular company barauch comes to mind w/texas gulf sulphur. i make it a habit to read the forbes 400. leaving off the ones who inherited their $$$ , the rest had an idea , for the most part , that they rode to thier fortune. now, you and i may not be looking for fabulous wealth, but we are not doing this to be poor either. and making the same mistakes over and over again is not the way to riches. the trend is your friend. how you play that is up to you. be forewarned that @some point in the future volatility will be more than most have seen in their lifetimes. it wont be easy to be on the back of the bucking bull,but missing the trend is heartbreaking! dharma

#86 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

alot of talk about gold, and there should be, its real money . all the fiats are paper lies, w/no intrinsic value and its quite effortless to make more of em.
this week all is clear , after that its iffy. i will lighten up, but not yet. its not intestinal fortitude that keeps me on the bulls back, its knowledge. its studying markets. no one in their right mind enjoys corrections. watching their resources dwindle, but this too is part of the cycle. i studied great traders, read all i could on some of the legendary traders. they all made their fortunes riding the trend. some did it w/a particular company barauch comes to mind w/texas gulf sulphur. i make it a habit to read the forbes 400. leaving off the ones who inherited their $$$ , the rest had an idea , for the most part , that they rode to thier fortune. now, you and i may not be looking for fabulous wealth, but we are not doing this to be poor either. and making the same mistakes over and over again is not the way to riches. the trend is your friend. how you play that is up to you. be forewarned that @some point in the future volatility will be more than most have seen in their lifetimes. it wont be easy to be on the back of the bucking bull,but missing the trend is heartbreaking!
dharma

dharma:

Thanks for your words of wisdom - always appreciated!

It is really not all that difficult to make big money in the capital markets. The big money is made in finding major trends in their infancy and riding them out for many years. The major trends are not difficult to find. The difficult part is having an open mind to find the trends and then having the conviction to stay with the trend for many years.

Posted Image

stubaby

#87 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:50 AM

alot of talk about gold, and there should be, its real money . all the fiats are paper lies, w/no intrinsic value and its quite effortless to make more of em.
this week all is clear , after that its iffy. i will lighten up, but not yet. its not intestinal fortitude that keeps me on the bulls back, its knowledge. its studying markets. no one in their right mind enjoys corrections. watching their resources dwindle, but this too is part of the cycle. i studied great traders, read all i could on some of the legendary traders. they all made their fortunes riding the trend. some did it w/a particular company barauch comes to mind w/texas gulf sulphur. i make it a habit to read the forbes 400. leaving off the ones who inherited their $$$ , the rest had an idea , for the most part , that they rode to thier fortune. now, you and i may not be looking for fabulous wealth, but we are not doing this to be poor either. and making the same mistakes over and over again is not the way to riches. the trend is your friend. how you play that is up to you. be forewarned that @some point in the future volatility will be more than most have seen in their lifetimes. it wont be easy to be on the back of the bucking bull,but missing the trend is heartbreaking!
dharma

dharma

Dollar still falling today. Dollar Index now @ 78.75. Gold spot now $1307 with Silver spot $21.78. I like silver now, but, wonder if it will be the PM leader after the coming correction. Do you have any opinion on that?

I am still holding my jrs, but, they appear to be toppy now. Am thinking I may unload some in the coming days, but, like you have repeated stated it is very difficult to regain a position in a bull market. I am very well aware of that as I did it to myself in this bull run. :(

Thanks for all your updates. I wouldn't miss them for the world!!! :yes:

Best to you
Peace
johngeorge

#88 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

dharma

Next year the question will NOT be 'what is the price of gold?" but "what is money?"
If you don't make that transition, then kiss your 'profits' goodbye
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#89 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

dharma

Next year the question will NOT be 'what is the price of gold?" but "what is money?"
If you don't make that transition, then kiss your 'profits' goodbye

man, i wasnt got to write any more today, but you hit the nail on the head. countires are asking themselves that question right now. notice gold sales , except for imf, by cbs are non existent . they are all on the buy.
jg-cbs hold gold so should i . imho there were a very unique set of circumstances that happened in 80. i sincerely doubt silver gets above 52, but i would cry if silver did. and as things get more speculative it would not surprise me to see silver get significant mojo. leader. my 1st statement is what i think, gold=money
silver-to my knowledge not one cb holds silver
dharma

#90 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:12 PM

jg-cbs hold gold so should i . imho there were a very unique set of circumstances that happened in 80. i sincerely doubt silver gets above 52, but i would cry if silver did. and as things get more speculative it would not surprise me to see silver get significant mojo. leader. my 1st statement is what i think, gold=money
silver-to my knowledge not one cb holds silver
dharma

Thanks dharma. :)

Best to you
Peace
johngeorge