the trend is your friend

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#31 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

dharma Sure wonder how you ever find the time to post with all the positions you hold. It is quite a juggling act you do. :juggle: Thanks for those updates. :yes: Added to my PM stock yesterday. Bought a small position in GROW. It has a projection of 7.65 to 9.64 between now and Nov on the YTD daily charts. Will see. Best to you :)

Edited by johngeorge, 15 September 2010 - 11:39 AM.

Peace
johngeorge

#32 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:16 PM

dharma

Sure wonder how you ever find the time to post with all the positions you hold. It is quite a juggling act you do. :juggle: Thanks for those updates. :yes:

Added to my PM stock yesterday. Bought a small position in GROW. It has a projection of 7.65 to 9.64 between now and Nov on the YTD daily charts. Will see.

Best to you :)

for a gentlemen like you, it is my pleasure
dharma

#33 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:19 AM

we are into the run, which i continue to think has more time to go and more in price1277 and 1293 are on deck. its an uncomfortable time for me. but, i continue to hold .yes there are intermarket divergences-hui did not take out its highs of 2 days ago , xau did. etc etc etc. the market does not have to please me or continue up in a way that makes me comfortable. the harmonics point higher and on the bulls back is where i sit. cbs are buying and holding, so should i. do what they do , not what they say. that goes for soros also http://www.thestreet...?cm_ven=GOOGLEN. last i looked, he was one of the largest holders of gld. dont listen to anyone (me included), have a plan and stick to it. in phase 3 volatility will go off the charts . gold = money dollar=debt dont forget that.
dharma

#34 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:57 AM

i get mighty tired of talking to myself i know what i am thinking, but like to share w/everyone else. before the internet i shared my thoughts w/ other speculators via the phone. but talking to myself................................ i will return when the conversation is more lively dharma

#35 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:23 AM

i get mighty tired of talking to myself
i know what i am thinking, but like to
share w/everyone else.
before the internet i shared my thoughts w/
other speculators via the phone.
but talking to myself................................
i will return when the conversation is more lively
dharma

Dharma, or should I say...E.F Hutton... :D

I'm listening always to what you are saying... :rolleyes:

full moon next week..beginning window date for merriman turn date is Tues...he calls 9/23-24 plus/minus for gold/silver...9/21 plus/minus 3 for the markets...we are going up into it..a reversal even if it is short term..should happen..Oct 8th...Venus
Retro..reversal will be interesting..if we are going down into it or up...also treasuries reversal 9/21 same plus/minus 3..

thanks for your insights..

TM

#36 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

Dharma, Please do not feel alone. I always read your inputs at both the sites. Your thoughts are very valuable to people who have not rode 1970-80 bull. Thanks,

#37 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

When it comes to secular bull markets (and only secular bull markets), only a very small percentage will be able to beat buy-and-hold, based on what I've seen. Dharma, your words always provide a nice reminder of the importance of grabbing the secular bull and holding on as much as possible. Timing based on cycles will only work to a degree, from what I can tell, when it comes to a secular trend - and may best be suited for for applying and removing top-up positions (or margin) as opposed to core investment positions.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#38 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:25 AM

thanks dharma! your insights on this are tremendously generous! i am starting to take some profits into all this strength: the difficulty of doing so is a sign it may be right but i doubt i can call tops or bottoms like some around these parts

#39 momac

momac

• Traders-Talk User
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

I've been lurking and reading your posts for over a year now. I don't know anything though so I don't have anything useful to add to your thread. But I do appreciate your posts.

#40 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:43 AM

When it comes to secular bull markets (and only secular bull markets), only a very small percentage will be able to beat buy-and-hold, based on what I've seen.

Dharma, your words always provide a nice reminder of the importance of grabbing the secular bull and holding on as much as possible.

Timing based on cycles will only work to a degree, from what I can tell, when it comes to a secular trend - and may best be suited for for applying and removing top-up positions (or margin) as opposed to core investment positions.

these are wise words, i dont think anyone will beat the buy and hold.its why no matter what i hold 85% of what money i have. most of the top analysts will wind up soaking wet. @what point in 79 i realized i was buying back @higher prices. this is a mini run right here right now. the market works off the overbought condition, by consolidating and then moving higher. i am still on margin. nervous, but that comes w/the territory.
traderama- i have noticed a tendency in this market for gold to make highs into the full moon. i do think we could see some kind of turn thursday/friday.
gann founds seasonals important. thursday starts autumn. this still has more time. so, i am deferring to the harmonics.
some dead wood is being removed. however, using the strength in the sector to adios some poor holdings. the portfolio needs constant attention. some managements dont deliver. and some juniors run into problems getting permits etc.
those of you who have floundered around and have not had the time or inclination to study markets. your opportunity to participate is coming in the 4th quarter. take a seat on the bulls back and see if you can ride/hang on into the parabolic. i dont think this correction will be a V like 08. i think it chews up more time. do your research. study what you are thinking of buying. your competition is well prepared. they have been doing this longer. and probably have more money. its why guys like soros say anything. and do the opposite. @his last statement of bubble , he used the opportunity to double down. do your own work. have your own convictions. no one wants you to ride the bull . remember: gold =money fiat=debt. so when you sell, now you are in fiat.
now what? have a plan
dharma