the trend is your friend

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#51 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:42 PM

looks like the dollar didnt like the idea of more qe, it is below its august lows which is significant. could be the start of the blowoff . be careful out there, its not a time for new positions. if you are quick , trading could pick up some change. this leg will end dharma

#52 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:27 PM

looks like the dollar didnt like the idea of more qe, it is below its august lows which is significant.
could be the start of the blowoff .
be careful out there, its not a time for new positions.
if you are quick , trading could pick up some change.
this leg will end
dharma

Sold my BRD into strength at the close

#53 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:09 AM

the dollar has taken out 80 and thus the august lows. this is ominous.
the move in gold is muted. targets i give are projections, i will let the market talk to me
the time to get bullish was 1160 , not now this will top and probably go down as fast if not faster than it went up.
phase 3 will be a different story. there is still more time , and that is key for me, so i am sitting. the game will be changing after the next correction.
the fed s announcement yesterday, essentially says we are willing to kill the currency to save the economy. not hard to figure out the implications.
enjoy the ride. no expectations. listening. silvers old high is toast. no overt shorting on the board. no boasting of the easiest short you will ever take. they are debasing the currency. you want protection- precious metals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

max keiser on alex jones

dharma

#54 Ken

Ken

• Traders-Talk User
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:18 AM

i have some cross currents thursday/friday i want to see how that plays out. but i do expect a strong finish into months end.

dharma, what did you mean by "cross currents" on thursday/friday? Do you see thursday/friday as a short sell off? I ask because Merriman also has this thursday/friday as a critical reversal date for gold and silver. Could it be a high or a low on those days? Merriman doesn't know for sure but his bias is this thursdayfriday will be a low. Thoughts?

#55 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:43 AM

i have some cross currents thursday/friday i want to see how that plays out. but i do expect a strong finish into months end.

dharma, what did you mean by "cross currents" on thursday/friday? Do you see thursday/friday as a short sell off? I ask because Merriman also has this thursday/friday as a critical reversal date for gold and silver. Could it be a high or a low on those days? Merriman doesn't know for sure but his bias is this thursdayfriday will be a low. Thoughts?

agree w/merriman. i am looking for some kind of pull back in here, which ends friday. and we finish the month on a strong note. notice how the market corrections intraday. open up yesterday, go down into the fed announcement,then have a rally. day finished.
dharma

#56 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

cross currents
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
dharma

#57 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:09 AM

agree w/merriman. i am looking for some kind of pull back in here, which ends friday. and we finish the month on a strong note. notice how the market corrections intraday. open up yesterday, go down into the fed announcement,then have a rally. day finished.
dharma

As previously posted, been looking for pullback here as well to put that daily cycle low in. We are still well within the timing band.
If this is all the weakness they got, we got one hell of a strong market here. Like a running correction.
Is it possible we saw that low day of fed announcement??? If so, me thinks we are setting up for one hell of a blowoff rally.
I'm still sitting tight 100% long casually observing. Miners approaching that infamous HUI 520 level. Getting real interesting...

#58 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:18 AM

dharma

As previously posted, been looking for pullback here as well to put that daily cycle low in. We are still well within the timing band.
If this is all the weakness they got, we got one hell of a strong market here. Like a running correction.
Is it possible we saw that low day of fed announcement??? If so, me thinks we are setting up for one hell of a blowoff rally.
I'm still sitting tight 100% long casually observing. Miners approaching that infamous HUI 520 level. Getting real interesting...

couldnt agree more. next week turbo blasters. the fed told the market all it needs to hear. qe. keynes. get that inflation level up.

The Federal Reserve’s statement yesterday that inflation is below levels consistent with the central bank’s mandate for price stability means it’s time to buy gold, said Allen Sinai, chief global economist at Decision Economics Inc. in New York.

“That’s code for we don’t want to go the way of Japan so we’re going to print money,” Sinai said in a radio interview today on “Bloomberg Surveillance” with Tom Keene. “You gotta buy gold when those two central banks are doing what they’re doing.”
http://www.bloomberg...sinai-says.html

all in and waiting
dharma

#59 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:48 AM

dharma I have got to believe that, as you indicated in the above post, "next week turbo blasters" is going to happen. Today, being a full moon, from your recent observations would be a LOW. That says your recent targets in the $1300's certainly looks doable from where I am sitting. Hey! I loved the Bob Dylan Ballad of a thin Man. Takes me back. Thanks for the continued sharing of your insights and analysis. Ever think of running your own board........... :lol: :D :lol: Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#60 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:47 PM

i am doing some light buying here. there maybe more consolidation tomorrow. but right here , i am taking 1/2 positions and 1/2 dollar amounts dharma