the trend is your friend 2

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#41 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:27 PM

i know 2008 made big impressions on everyone , silver is down $2 from the high and gold 60+ , not being exact here. and it seems everyone is frozen , i am out here talking to myself. my job is to make $$$ , i dont make a cent by forecasting, its not my biz. making money is . gdx/gld/xau/hui are all showing hourly divergences(its all i watch). sure they could be taken out. and sure the market could bounce and then make lower lows. i make money by trading not forecasting. i have bought miners who also display divergences on my hourly charts. can the market correct more, you bet, then i will commit more money. until i am all in . in bulls the money is made by buying weakness. @some point i expect an echo of 2008 , but not now. betting for /against q2 puts me as a deer in the headlights. its something we wont know until it happens. so, i dont concern myself w/it. i have to keep my sights set on the market.
dharma

Trust me Dharma, you're not talking to yourself. You're talking to those who are listening. We appreciate the updates to know your thoughts. You have had this right on and have had the wisdom to stand by your convictions. I have learned a lot by your comments.

TM

thanks it makes me feel like i am not wasting my time.
dharma

dharma:

Keep those thoughts comming! I know when I post it helps me quantify my feelings and experience (pen to paper and all that stuff)

stubaby

#42 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:34 PM

dharma and all:

Added to my existing position in Extorre Gold Mines:

http://stockcharts.c...amp;a=201485790

http://stockcharts.c...amp;a=201485905

stubaby

#43 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:47 PM

dharma and all:

stubaby

hi stubaby, yes that one is on my radar. it is busting out. keep us posted, it seems you are looking to buy the breakouts?! @this juncture, i am looking for a good bounce in the market. and then i will look again
dharma

#44 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

dharma and all:

stubaby

hi stubaby, yes that one is on my radar. it is busting out. keep us posted, it seems you are looking to buy the breakouts?! @this juncture, i am looking for a good bounce in the market. and then i will look again
dharma

dharma:

Yes on an individual basis I do buy breakouts - especially after all this near-term weakness in the majors - bounce ending IMHO with final leg down early next week (up in the dollar -80 print would be perfect) with GDX in 51-53 range and GDXJ in 30-32 range. For now watching and watching - will probably enter limit buy orders in staggered fashion over the weekend after reviewing charts.

Next week could be really FUN!!!!

stubaby

#45 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

thanks stu
john embry
http://www.sprott.co..._pg363Embry.pdf
dharma

#46 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:34 PM

Keep up the great posts stubaby and dharma. You guys are keeping this place alive. :)
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#47 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:46 PM

there is one guy, imho, who has the keenest insights into golds movements(fundamental point of view). i read and study the markets all day every day(except weekends). this piece by greg weldon posted by jg is right up there .
http://kingworldnews...reg_Weldon.html
dharma

#48 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:12 PM

there is one guy, imho, who has the keenest insights into golds movements(fundamental point of view). i read and study the markets all day every day(except weekends). this piece by greg weldon posted by jg is right up there .
http://kingworldnews...reg_Weldon.html
dharma

Here's Greg's letter from last week:
http://jutiagroup.co...e-loves-a-hero/
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#49 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:31 AM

well the only 2 who posted buys going into 70 of gold weakness was stu and i. now, for me the question is what do i do w/these buys. do i trade em , and turn a quick buck into the fibs, or do i shove em in the core. deliberations!!!! i have 2% cash and i bought juniors which have some gidyap. when i look@the structure of the correction, it looks like it was 3 waves down. and when i take a step back, the highs for gold were on the 14th. not much time has elapsed and this is substandard for normal gold corrections. however, the move up was @a steep angle of ascent. and this may be part of the other 12 corrections or so that have taken place since the july lows. deliberations. i will give this more time and then decide. the drill for bulls is simple. you want to be long and you want to buy weakness. and if you can get weakness , which gets oversold and diverges, then you are in biz, @least for me volatility is picking up. its a time to be really disciplined. we are dealing w/a very jealous lover here. and if you come in tired or emotionally upset , you will lose your way. take care of yourself. if this is your biz. then be professional about it. i saw this piece on espn w/chris carter. now carter is the 2nd all time in catches and yards gained, behind the great jerry rice. and carter was lecturing a bunch of rookies. and he told em . go out partying saturday night and i will be waiting for you on sunday. its like that w/the market. i have made a commitment to this bull. and so be it dharma all the chatter on qe2 is just that. they have put bernake in there to institute the printing of money. the professor has determined that he is not going to make the same mistake as his predecessor of 32. the question to my mind is , is qe2 in the price of gold already? and to what extant. my guess is its not, he is going to have to do more than tarp. much more . the patient requires a greater electro shock to get his legs under him. if not now, then soon, 1460 calls the market!!!

#50 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:17 AM

well the only 2 who posted buys going into 70 of gold weakness was stu and i. now, for me the question is what do i do w/these buys. do i trade em , and turn a quick buck into the fibs, or do i shove em in the core. deliberations!!!!
i have 2% cash and i bought juniors which have some gidyap. when i look@the structure of the correction, it looks like it was 3 waves down. and when i take a step back, the highs for gold were on the 14th. not much time has elapsed and this is substandard for normal gold corrections. however, the move up was @a steep angle of ascent. and this may be part of the other 12 corrections or so that have taken place since the july lows. deliberations. i will give this more time and then decide.
the drill for bulls is simple. you want to be long and you want to buy weakness. and if you can get weakness , which gets oversold and diverges, then you are in biz, @least for me
volatility is picking up. its a time to be really disciplined. we are dealing w/a very jealous lover here. and if you come in tired or emotionally upset , you will lose your way. take care of yourself. if this is your biz. then be professional about it. i saw this piece on espn w/chris carter. now carter is the 2nd all time in catches and yards gained, behind the great jerry rice. and carter was lecturing a bunch of rookies. and he told em . go out partying saturday night and i will be waiting for you on sunday. its like that w/the market. i have made a commitment to this bull. and so be it
dharma
all the chatter on qe2 is just that. they have put bernake in there to institute the printing of money. the professor has determined that he is not going to make the same mistake as his predecessor of 32. the question to my mind is , is qe2 in the price of gold already? and to what extant. my guess is its not, he is going to have to do more than tarp. much more . the patient requires a greater electro shock to get his legs under him.
if not now, then soon, 1460 calls the market!!!

That's the Sagittarius in Bernanke!..yes, he must save face here...Dharma, do you have any thoughts that gold diverges from the equities in the near future?....and goes up while equities go down?...I've been accumulating HL..Hecla Mining on these pullbacks and gld...but I"m thinking maybe QE 2 is priced in the markets but not gold...if the $ collapses..I mean really collapses, confidence will be shattered and the only place to be would be in gold imo...just thinking outloud..despite the rally in equities today...gold and silver are not really participating to heavily today coming off their highs so far....and .there are underlying sell signals on some of these indexes..like MACD crossovers and other indicators..but I know Bernanke trumps all TA right now.. :D and I'm mainly now watching the NYSE Bullish Percent..as it has crossed barely above 70 into overbot..once it crosses down..supply takes over it will be a sell too..and that one I feel weighs a lot more using point and figure for any correction...last week I got an alert on the NYSE weekly and GLD weekly momentum turning from positive to negative...it can flip back but that's a first time sell since it's been on a buy since early Sept for NYSE and first time since August's run for gld...The market feels tired to me..and so do I ..LOL!..

Thanks for your thoughts..keep them coming

TM