bottoming

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

Silver just punched through $30 on the spot. Yuppers! Looks to me like we are starting the move! With Canada back in tomorrow.......................... :headspin: :redbull: :redbull: :redbull:
Peace
johngeorge

#32 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:49 AM

Price of Silver Soaring. Investor-Fueled 74% Gains Dwarf Gold; Race to Open Mines WSJ December 26, 2010
Peace
johngeorge

#33 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:41 AM

does my heart good to hear some of you are express your belief in the power of the trend. remember we are still in december. i see the vertical rise in january. i have no clue, although its easy to see lots of prospects to facilitate this rise, what will cause this rise. now, being a chess player, parabolics are usually retraced in their entirety. i will be selling more than 15% , how much depends upon how high we go. i am still scouring the charts looking for opportunities. nxg continues to lag, if it continues into this leg, then it is one i will let go of. 1409 is my support # then 1426 resistance. i am always watching s/r to let me know how strong/weak the market is. if it takes its time working the s/r then something else is @play. i tend to give the prevailing trend room. i dont want to become a trader. buy and hold. keep up the good work guys. as we gain more in metals/miners. fiat is on its way to its true value. dharma

#34 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:16 PM

dharma Yesterday when I saw silver go through $30, in that monster move like a hot knife through butter, I felt like we are on the way to that famous Hunt brothers $50 mark. Silver holding onto its gains so far today and I like to think that $30 will now act as support. Nearly all folks I talk with about buying precious metals just don't seem to understand what the ramifications of Fed dollar debasement actually means. They won't part with $35 to buy a silver Eagle. Beats me. :o I am afraid most people are going to be completely caught off guard when the end nears. Nevertheless, a few are now listening and hopefully will act. Thanks for your postings as it sure helps me keep things in proper perspective. :yes: Best to you.

Edited by johngeorge, 29 December 2010 - 12:16 PM.

Peace
johngeorge

#35 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:21 PM

$1410.60 broke today. Will be moving core position back to 100% when DX goes to 79.80 or lower (it got very close to doing that today) and will add margin if DX goes to 78.96 or lower. Nothing special about my TA...just trying to use some common sense. Gold is a very difficult market to trade which is why I'm normally 50% or more long at any given time, even during corrections. Secular trends are meant to be bought and held...doing other than that very frequently lead to one being worse off, when it's all said and done.

Edited by alysomji, 29 December 2010 - 10:24 PM.

"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#36 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:52 AM

DX broke level mentioned above earlier today so I'm 100% long as of this morning and, as I said, intend to add margin on a drop in the DX to 78.96 or lower.

Interesting, the silver contract hit new highs overnight. Right now, I think it's leading gold.

Let's all remember what Jim Sinclair recently said:
http://www.traders-t...howtopic=125592
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#37 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:23 AM

alysomji I was watching the DX this am and when it fell through 79.9 I got a sell signal on my daily chart. So far this morning it seems like the DX can't get out of its own way to the downside. One would think an extra boost for the PMs, but, gold and silver down a bit now. SLV on my chart shows short term support @ 29.81 down to 29.17. I feel those will hold going forward. A sell off in the broads, however, could do some damage to PM stocks near term. I have a full boat of PM stocks. Are we seeing some end of year profit taking? Thanks for your thoughts and updates. They are always appreciated. :) Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#38 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:55 AM

alysomji-if you dont mind my adding, they are all hard to trade. gold is only special in its story. it is money. and has been for 5k years. its why the best strategy is buy and hold for bulls. mercury goes direct today. what that means that misinformation is not a feature now. remember the cbs were dumping their gold en mass @the bottom. and advertising it. gordon brown even got elected chancellor after selling the countries heir looms @the bottom. (dont expect the public to understand or wake up to the fact that they are getting fkd.) any guesses as to who they sold all that gold to? how about the banksters!!! what i expect here is after 10years of higher closes every year, the public is about to enter the fray. @what price? i dont know , but it will soon be irressible for them. after years of languishing, the miners have woken up and i continue to think the miners will out gain the metal. for years prechterites pointed to silver as a non confirmation to gold. well here we have silver leading. making new highs for the bull today. evidence of speculation coming into the market. silver has an amazing story as well. above ground supplies are almost nonexistent, while demand remains robust. the kickoff should be very very soon. remember parabolics usually retrace to where they began. if i am correct and a parabolic comes here, i will dump almost all of my miners. not all @once, i want to see if what happens if this parabolic mirrors what happened in 80. gold topped in january of 80 the miners continued higher for another 9-10months gaining 30%+ . remember @higher prices miners make more $$$. so the 1st to go from my holdings will be explorers. and cats and dogs. get ready for the public , they are chomping on the bit. we will all become no nothings as they set their sites on gold to infinity. which aint about to happen. buckle up. we are days away dharma

#39 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:08 PM

alysomji-if you dont mind my adding, they are all hard to trade. gold is only special in its story. it is money. and has been for 5k years.
its why the best strategy is buy and hold for bulls.

mercury goes direct today. what that means that misinformation is not a feature now. remember the cbs were dumping their gold en mass @the bottom. and advertising it. gordon brown even got elected chancellor after selling the countries heir looms @the bottom. (dont expect the public to understand or wake up to the fact that they are getting fkd.) any guesses as to who they sold all that gold to? how about the banksters!!! what i expect here is after 10years of higher closes every year, the public is about to enter the fray. @what price? i dont know , but it will soon be irressible for them. after years of languishing, the miners have woken up and i continue to think the miners will out gain the metal. for years prechterites pointed to silver as a non confirmation to gold. well here we have silver leading. making new highs for the bull today. evidence of speculation coming into the market. silver has an amazing story as well. above ground supplies are almost nonexistent, while demand remains robust.
the kickoff should be very very soon. remember parabolics usually retrace to where they began. if i am correct and a parabolic comes here, i will dump almost all of my miners. not all @once, i want to see if what happens if this parabolic mirrors what happened in 80. gold topped in january of 80 the miners continued higher for another 9-10months gaining 30%+ . remember @higher prices miners make more $$$. so the 1st to go from my holdings will be explorers. and cats and dogs. get ready for the public , they are chomping on the bit. we will all become no nothings as they set their sites on gold to infinity. which aint about to happen.
buckle up.
we are days away
dharma

dharma:

Thanks for all your work - Happy New Year to you and yours!

stubaby :purebs:

#40 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

Saw this article today on the Gold/Silver Ratio - Hmmm!

Gold Silver Ratio

stubaby