bottoming

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:10 AM

the monthly gold chart shows essentially a flat month for december. no upside progress. a doji. which i take is building power for what i see coming. there is going to be some event soon, dont know what it will be. its easy to imagine though. dharma

#22 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

the monthly gold chart shows essentially a flat month for december. no upside progress. a doji. which i take is building power for what i see coming.
there is going to be some event soon, dont know what it will be. its easy to imagine though.
dharma

dharma:

Nice divergences today with Miners vs Gold & Silver! Under-the-surface is percolating!

stubaby

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:24 PM

the monthly gold chart shows essentially a flat month for december. no upside progress. a doji. which i take is building power for what i see coming.
there is going to be some event soon, dont know what it will be. its easy to imagine though.
dharma

dharma:

Nice divergences today with Miners vs Gold & Silver! Under-the-surface is percolating!

stubaby

yes, in deed
dharma

#24 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:18 AM

i hope that everyone had a fulfilling holiday season. there is nothing like being w/family. on friday, i flew down to tuscon to thaw out. its 70f down here. and the desert is spectacular. as i have said , i dont think the fireworks begin until january . so far this month has produced somewhat of a doji. its been flat. from the july lows, the market went up @a fairly steep angle until the november 10th high. now we are widening out . consolidating the gains . today is options expiration. w/the canadian markets being closed, these next 2 days should be quite dull. use the time wisely. dharma

Edited by dharma, 27 December 2010 - 10:19 AM.

#25 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:54 AM

"use the time wisely" I like to believe I am. ;) So I sold my RJA position, will be going back into agricultural sometime next year, and my uranium USU. Both for tiny profits. Using the proceeds to bid on EDVMF and ESPZF. No bites yet! :blink: Regards the weather, it is typical for this time of year here in Central Wisconsin. Cold and snow, but, I spend as little time in them as possible and my home is warm and comfortable. :) Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#26 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:06 AM

Something didn't seem right with the poor sentiment on gold (how much more could we drop, especially with positive daily divergences), and, dharma, it's looking increasingly likely that we're starting the parabolic earlier than I expected but not earlier than you expected. If gold is getting ready to bust out, we shouldn't see below ~$1358 anytime soon. Also, the dollar seems to be already losing breath which is earlier than I expected. A move above $1410.60 and I will start expanding my core position again back toward 100%+ levels.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#27 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:23 AM

alysomji I see the dollar in a firm uptrend as I got a buy signal on my weekly chart Nov 8 that is still holding. However, when I saw gold pop over $1400 this am I added to my UXG position. Couldn't help myself :lol: :D :lol: Am still looking for new highs in gold and silver Jan/Feb time frame. Will see. Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#28 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:36 AM

Well, JG, I would like to see the Dollar move below 79.80 and gold move above 1410.60 before expanding my core position again. My core position is over 50% so I'm not too worried. I like what I'm seeing this morning from the PM sector.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#29 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:51 AM

if i am correct, and this move is starting, then the title of the thread will no longer be applicable. i am looking for a surprise moonshot here. and like alysomji, i am surprised @how the gold bullish sentiment #s dropped. i dont know what will cause this move that i see forthcoming, but the technicals and harmonics i watch are saying we go parabolic here. i am positioned as i want to be , unless something that i like gets taken behind the woodshed. there are a litany of problems out there and they are all huge. the canadian markets are still closed today, so the juniors sleep. it would not surprise me if the gld came into question? do they have as much physical as they say they do? the move may be just gold related, although i suspect it will be broader based. anyway, buckle up arms and legs inside the vehicle , we are heading north till the end of january and possibly extending to mid february. sinclair saw this move , in this time period 10years ago. now that is impressive. dharma

#30 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:07 AM

if i am correct, and this move is starting, then the title of the thread will no longer be applicable. i am looking for a surprise moonshot here. and like alysomji, i am surprised @how the gold bullish sentiment #s dropped. i dont know what will cause this move that i see forthcoming, but the technicals and harmonics i watch are saying we go parabolic here. i am positioned as i want to be , unless something that i like gets taken behind the woodshed. there are a litany of problems out there and they are all huge. the canadian markets are still closed today, so the juniors sleep. it would not surprise me if the gld came into question? do they have as much physical as they say they do? the move may be just gold related, although i suspect it will be broader based.
anyway, buckle up arms and legs inside the vehicle , we are heading north till the end of january and possibly extending to mid february.
sinclair saw this move , in this time period 10years ago. now that is impressive.
dharma

dharma:

I was just thinking the same thing on the "title of the thread" - then I opened your posting. Happens to me all the time! When I was a retail broker, I can't remember how many times I would call a client and they would say they were "thinking about me" or "were just getting ready to call me". Your call on confirmation, but my guess is it will be soon! I was watching gold futures last night and couldn't figure out the range moves I was seeing:

Posted Image
stubaby

PS This was one of the first times since 2001 that I didn't reduce my positions for a IT sell signal, just kept adding, account now at ATH and should really see some action when Canada opens tomorrow!