bottoming

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#11 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

still bottoming, not sure if this rally is the beginning or just a fake out. however, i have positioned myself, so i am not forecasting i am responding to the market. i didnht think war would be a catalyst, but it could be. there are so many factors that cause a parabolic its not possible to know what the ultimate catalyst will be . i track wheat and soybeans and they look bullish. the bonds are topping, and this is a huge shift. w/huge implications. ben s qe2 and pomo are adding liquidity via the printing press. hey i didnt make this situation, but i am not about to be victim to it. volatility, will be increasing. since the july lows, we have entered into the parabolic. take a look @a weekly and monthly charts. in parabolics corrections are not deep. dharma

#12 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

still bottoming, not sure if this rally is the beginning or just a fake out. however, i have positioned myself, so i am not forecasting i am responding to the market. i didnht think war would be a catalyst, but it could be. there are so many factors that cause a parabolic its not possible to know what the ultimate catalyst will be . i track wheat and soybeans and they look bullish. the bonds are topping, and this is a huge shift. w/huge implications. ben s qe2 and pomo are adding liquidity via the printing press. hey i didnt make this situation, but i am not about to be victim to it. volatility, will be increasing.
since the july lows, we have entered into the parabolic. take a look @a weekly and monthly charts. in parabolics corrections are not deep.
dharma

Thanks for the update, dharma.

Your observation on wheat and soybeans is what I have been noticing as well. I have owned RJA for awhile and benefiting from agricultural prices on the rise. Looks to me like they can go much higher over the coming months and am holding as a core position.

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#13 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:16 AM

not much to say or report, the metals are uninspiring here. there will be a catalyst, i have no idea what it will be. it may just be that the holiday season is very quite for the metals. hope you all have a great holiday season. wishing you that in advance. i will be around. dharma

#14 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

not much to say or report, the metals are uninspiring here. there will be a catalyst, i have no idea what it will be.
it may just be that the holiday season is very quite for the metals. hope you all have a great holiday season. wishing you that in advance.
i will be around.
dharma

dharma

Uninspiring PM's here is an apt description IMO. I added to my TGLDX fund yesterday so that's it for me buying this year...........no more selling for this year as well. Will be holding, waiting and watching what the new year brings. Looking for higher prices in Jan/Feb time frame.

Have a wonderful holiday season too.

Best to you :)
Peace
johngeorge

#15 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

not much to say or report, the metals are uninspiring here. there will be a catalyst, i have no idea what it will be.
it may just be that the holiday season is very quite for the metals. hope you all have a great holiday season. wishing you that in advance.
i will be around.
dharma

dharma

Uninspiring PM's here is an apt description IMO. I added to my TGLDX fund yesterday so that's it for me buying this year...........no more selling for this year as well. Will be holding, waiting and watching what the new year brings. Looking for higher prices in Jan/Feb time frame.

Have a wonderful holiday season too.

Best to you :)

Happy Holidays to one and all! And a prosperous New Year!

stubaby

#16 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:19 PM

Merry Christmas to all. Wishing everyone a happy & healthy New Year! Jim

Edited by JGUITARSLIM, 21 December 2010 - 02:19 PM.

#17 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

Merry Christmas to all.
Wishing everyone a happy & healthy New Year!

Jim

Peace to all and Have a wonderful and safe holiday!
TM

#18 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

Best to all of you this holiday season...see you in the new year.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#19 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:40 AM

another day and gold is moving sideways. but other commodities are continuing their climb upwards. its only a matter of time before gold continues its climb. i can wait. waiting is the name of the game really. i have moved into a bunch of explorers, which will require patience. saintly patience. as i have stated here, i dont expect much in december. january looks like the rocket ride. also notice gold, while in a corrective phase since nov 10 has not given alot of ground. and the chorus of 1315 and lower grows louder. in parabolics that just doesnt happen. this correction is just chewing up clock. not giving much in the way of price. so, i wait. i noticed yesterday the imf sold the rest of its gold 403.3 tonnes. they have had an overhang over the market it seems like forever. now, @these lofty gold prices, cbs are buyers. @the bottom they dumped their heirlooms. gordon brown even got elected, our equivalent of president for selling the countries gold @the bottom. of course his bankster friends must have done all they could to help reward him. its no wonder that the west is in debt up to its collective eye balls. they are no better or different @investing then the public! the ones who are worth watching , cover their tracks.-like soros eg. john paulson seems fairly transparent. jim rogers is the guy who is the most vocal. me i do my own work, read everyone , but follow my work. and my work is saying price is about to go vertical here. we are oh so close to blast off. hey the fed wants some inflation. couple that w/a 0interest rate policy and the market is about to give em what they want. be careful what you wish for its going to be darn difficult to shove this genie back in its bottle and w/unemployment hovering around the official 10% its going to be politically difficult. as a result of these ridiculous policies, most of the middle class will be sent to the breadlines. 42 million on food stamps now. have you protected your family? dharma

#20 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:17 PM

another day and gold is moving sideways. but other commodities are continuing their climb upwards. its only a matter of time before gold continues its climb. i can wait. waiting is the name of the game really. i have moved into a bunch of explorers, which will require patience. saintly patience. as i have stated here, i dont expect much in december. january looks like the rocket ride. also notice gold, while in a corrective phase since nov 10 has not given alot of ground. and the chorus of 1315 and lower grows louder. in parabolics that just doesnt happen. this correction is just chewing up clock. not giving much in the way of price. so, i wait.
i noticed yesterday the imf sold the rest of its gold 403.3 tonnes. they have had an overhang over the market it seems like forever. now, @these lofty gold prices, cbs are buyers. @the bottom they dumped their heirlooms. gordon brown even got elected, our equivalent of president for selling the countries gold @the bottom. of course his bankster friends must have done all they could to help reward him. its no wonder that the west is in debt up to its collective eye balls. they are no better or different @investing then the public!
the ones who are worth watching , cover their tracks.-like soros eg. john paulson seems fairly transparent. jim rogers is the guy who is the most vocal. me i do my own work, read everyone , but follow my work. and my work is saying price is about to go vertical here. we are oh so close to blast off. hey the fed wants some inflation. couple that w/a 0interest rate policy and the market is about to give em what they want.
be careful what you wish for
its going to be darn difficult to shove this genie back in its bottle and w/unemployment hovering around the official 10% its going to be politically difficult. as a result of these ridiculous policies, most of the middle class will be sent to the breadlines. 42 million on food stamps now.
have you protected your family?
dharma

Thanks dharma

With gold recently hanging around the high 1300's I too don't believe we will see 1320's or below this year. I keep thinking, like you, that Jan looks to be the month for a ride higher in PM's. Agricultural commodities in here are due for a pullback IMO. Will see. I may use a pullback to add to my RJA.

What the Fed and other CB's around the world are doing is atrocious. No conscience at all. Destroying the lives of literally millions of good, hard working folks. A global tragedy of biblical proportions is unfolding before our eyes . May a way be found to foil the gangsters!

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge