7 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

Now it may get interesting.
IF this guy survives the week-end.

Swiss whistleblower plans to hand over offshore banking secrets of rich and famous to WikiLeaks - Guardian
http://bit.ly/eTE0oP

Swiss whistleblower Rudolf Elmer plans to hand over offshore banking secrets of the rich and famous to WikiLeaks

He will disclose the details of 'massive potential tax evasion' before he flies home to stand trial over his actions

"Well-known pillars of society will hold investment portfolios and may include houses, trading companies, artwork, yachts, jewellery, horses, and so on."

The offshore bank account details of 2,000 "high net worth individuals" and corporations – detailing massive potential tax evasion – will be handed over to the WikiLeaks organisation in London tomorrow by the most important and boldest whistleblower in Swiss banking history, Rudolf Elmer, two days before he goes on trial in his native Switzerland.

British and American individuals and companies are among the offshore clients whose details will be contained on CDs presented to WikiLeaks at the Frontline Club in London. Those involved include, Elmer tells the Observer, "approximately 40 politicians".

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 January 2011 - 01:55 PM.

#2 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

hes already handed them off. Doesn't matter if he survives the weekend.
OTIS.

#3 hpm123

hpm123

• Traders-Talk User
  • 495 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

Now it may get interesting.
IF this guy survives the week-end.

Swiss whistleblower plans to hand over offshore banking secrets of rich and famous to WikiLeaks - Guardian
http://bit.ly/eTE0oP

Swiss whistleblower Rudolf Elmer plans to hand over offshore banking secrets of the rich and famous to WikiLeaks

He will disclose the details of 'massive potential tax evasion' before he flies home to stand trial over his actions

"Well-known pillars of society will hold investment portfolios and may include houses, trading companies, artwork, yachts, jewellery, horses, and so on."

The offshore bank account details of 2,000 "high net worth individuals" and corporations – detailing massive potential tax evasion – will be handed over to the WikiLeaks organisation in London tomorrow by the most important and boldest whistleblower in Swiss banking history, Rudolf Elmer, two days before he goes on trial in his native Switzerland.

British and American individuals and companies are among the offshore clients whose details will be contained on CDs presented to WikiLeaks at the Frontline Club in London. Those involved include, Elmer tells the Observer, "approximately 40 politicians".

What'cha wanna bet that senator of ours from massachusetts is on that list? I read of some high$$ yacht being purchased and registered it in a neighboring state to avoid paying taxes. You just gotta love those types - so highly skilled at taking/spending OPM while so efficiently frugal with theirs. But most folks never even know. And they know it. Sheeple.

#4 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

The IRS might be issuing new offshore bank amnesty program.

http://www.haaretz.c...-round-1.336910
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#5 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

The IRS might be issuing new offshore bank amnesty program.

http://www.haaretz.c...-round-1.336910

OMG - will Israel PLEASE come and repatriate Bernanke and Greenspan, Geitner, Madoff, Employees of GS, et. al. and all of the rest involved. Put a fence around the country and who ever is left in 10 years we keep after we have given the Palestinians the same weapons we have given to Israel. In the mean time give them about 1/2 of the total US debt obligations and tell them to repay it. Why would we give amnesty to these people? Can anyone say "prison". I used to be sympathetic but no more - not with the front running real estate deals going on in Connecticut with "investors" out of Monsey NY chasing federal funds - tipped off by - who knows which politicians. A Tribal mentality cannot exist within a civilization. My country needs help.
Mary Anne
Semper Fi

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:56 PM

I am at the other end of the spectrum actually Marry Anne, why don't we also stop paying the taxes and let them keep their untaxed earnings? I mean why should we pay taxes while they can just print money? What we need is not to collect more taxes that the bankers can loot, actually dissolve IRS and Fed instead…

#7 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

Please avoid politics here, but as my favorite inspector in Young Frankenstein says:
"A Riot iz an ugly ting, unt I tink it iz just about time ve had vone!" :lol:

Young Frankenstein:
Inspector Kemp: Wait. A riot is an ugly thing. And i think it is just about time that we had one.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 January 2011 - 12:04 AM.

#8 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:12 AM

I think they [edit: will] shut down wikileaks instead...

Edited by arbman, 17 January 2011 - 04:13 AM.