Police doing harm since Matt Dillon

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Similar to Pink Floyd's Wall, our freedom is being taken away Brick by Brick until there is an impenetrable Wall with no way to escape Statist tyranny.
It is probably to late for us.

2 Women given body cavity search during ROUTINE TRAFFIC STOP

Posted Image

IF you watch the video, listen to the description given by the 2 women at the end -- AND -- notice that during the searches, the police women did NOT change gloves from first to second search. Disgusting!!!

Edited by *JB*, 19 December 2012 - 10:41 PM.

"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#62 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

THE NEW WARRIOR COP IS OUT OF CONTROL

SWAT teams raiding poker games and trying to stop underage drinking? Overwhelming paramilitary force is on the rise

Sal Culosi is dead because he bet on a football game — but it wasn’t a bookie or a loan shark who killed him. His local government killed him, ostensibly to protect him from his gambling habit...

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#63 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

Thankfully, sometimes even THE WATCHERS are being watched:

Police Beating Caught on Tape: Denver Men Want Officers Fired

Beating victim Michael DeHerrera, 24, said he hopes the settlement will set the framework for the firing of the two Denver officers who threw him to the ground and beat him unconscious.

As Johnson was being arrested and roughed up by police, DeHerrera used his cell phone to call his father, a sheriff's deputy, for advice.
But when police officer Devin Sparks saw DeHerrera on the phone, he grabbed him and slammed him on the ground, repeatedly striking him with a metal club.
DeHerrera said he blacked out and doesn't remember anything until he woke up in the hospital with bruises, stitches and broken teeth.

"The last thing we heard was, 'We've got to get rid of the phone, they're recording us,'" Anthony DeHerrera said.

When the video surfaced, charges against both men were dropped.

Anthony DeHerrera said the entire incident has shaken his faith in his profession.
"It was very tough for me to put on a uniform after that," he said.

I think the problem is that whether its teachers trying to control students OR police trying to control disorder, Its so much harder.

When I was a kid, the police would kick you in the bum and take you home and parents would do the same.

Teachers would cane you and tell parents and they would give you a hiding as well.

No longer.

A pity.

#64 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

The watchers often step over the line because they can.
Judges and police all too often take evidence home with them.
Often their "brothers" adhere to the code of silence, allowing the worst of abuses.

And yet worshipers of the state trust authority more than they trust themselves.
Likely with good reason. :lol:

Very RECENT headlines:

How to Resist Tyranny

Judge charged with stealing cocaine from evidence of cases he presided over

Boston Police Officer Arrested For Possession Of Military-Grade Explosives...

Former Stillwater Police Officer Accused Of Taking Drugs From Drug Take Back Program

Edited by Rogerdodger, 14 July 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#65 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Fines are often nothing but a "stealth tax."
Speed traps have been used for years by small communities seeking funds to plunder.
Fines for not having 'Health Care" are another back door tax, according to the Men in Black.
Now, a "Man in Blue" has shrugged and paid the price:

Police officer fired for speaking out against ticket and arrest quotas...

Auburn, Alabama is home to sprawling plains, Auburn University, and a troubling police force. After the arrival of a new police chief in 2010, the department entered an era of ticket quotas and worse.

“When I first heard about the quotas I was appalled,” says former Auburn police officer Justin Hanners, who claims he and other cops were given directives to hassle, ticket, or arrest specific numbers of residents per shift. “I got into law enforcement to serve and protect, not be a bully.”

Hanners blew the whistle on the department’s tactics and was eventually fired for refusing to comply and keep quiet. He says that each officer was required to make 100 contacts each month, which included tickets, arrests, field interviews, and warnings. This equates to 72,000 contacts a year in a 50,000 person town. His claims are backed up by audio recordings of his superiors he made. The Auburn police department declined requests to be interviewed for this story.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 24 July 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#66 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

I used to think the police in Mexico were corrupt, stealing from U.S. tourists, but then I saw that our the local police steal from the Mexicans!
To paraphrase a famous quote: "If men were angels, we wouldn't need police. But the police we appoint are only men too."
Who will watch the watchers?

Former police officer Marvin Blades Jr. given 35 years in prison
A recently resigned Tulsa police officer, branded by a prosecutor as "corrupt," was sentenced Thursday to 35 years in prison for robbing Hispanic drivers during traffic stops.

Video of Cop Slapping 10-Year-Old Boy Stirs Outrage...

Video Shows Cop Punching Mentally Ill Girl, 14...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 09 August 2013 - 08:56 AM.

#67 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

After all of the criminal convictions of our local police officers, (See post above) I bought a dual camera dash cam last month, just to level the playing field a bit.
Cops and Senators like watching us but don't like being watched by the "little people".
Man Arrested After Taping Arrest With Cell Phone

POLL: Young People 'Historic Low' Levels Of Trust In Govt...

Justices split on whether police can search cellphones during arrests...

I bought this dual camera 720 dash cam last month. $149.
It really makes me watch my driving, as I "watch the watchers." ;)
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 29 April 2014 - 08:07 PM.

#68 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

Have you noticed that "protecting" us now requires losing our "protections."

Court: PA cops no longer need warrant to search citizens' vehicles...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 30 April 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#69 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

:huh:

All hell breaks loose with law enforcement is law and orders' biggest threat

The debacle in Ferguson represents a near-total breakdown of our civic institutions. Here's why that's so scary

From the link:

In response to the ongoing protests over Brown’s killing and sporadic incidences of looting, the police have made it their policy to escalate tensions further by decking out SWAT officers as soldiers, arming themselves to the teeth, pointing high-powered rifles at unarmed protesters, spraying protesters with rubber bullets, firing tear gas indiscriminately in residential neighborhoods, roughing up and arresting journalists, and shooting gas canisters at television crews. Acts of lawlessness and thuggish intimidation like these are typically practiced by state police forces in authoritarian regimes.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#70 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:18 PM

Perhaps "Acts of lawlessness and thuggish intimidation" can go both ways.
Sometimes "public lynchings" can go both ways.
Al Sharpton is proof of that: At age 15, Tawana Brawley claimed she was raped by six white men. A grand jury ruled her claims a hoax.

Witness Conversation Unknowingly Captured at Scene 'a Game-Changer'...

The original video poster appears sympathetic to the narrative that Mike Brown was shot unarmed with his hands in the air. But he unknowingly picks up conversation between a man who saw the altercation and another neighbor.

An approximate transcription of the background conversation, as related by the “Conservative Treehouse” blog, who originally discovered the conversation:
@6:28/6:29 of video
#1 How’d he get from there to there?
#2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck
{crosstalk}
#2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him
{crosstalk}
#2 Then the next thing I know he doubled back toward him cus - the police had his gun drawn already on him –

[there is dispute here whether he says "doubled back" or "coming back."]
#1. Oh, the police got his gun
#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him
{crosstalk}
#2 Police fired shots – the next thing I know – the police was missing
#1 The Police?
#2 The Police shot him
#1 Police?
#2 The next thing I know … I’m thinking … the dude started running … (garbled something about “he took it from him”)

This is terribly important because if Mike Brown had been shot, and he advanced towards the cop instead of surrendering, it would substantiate the narrative that the policeman shot in self-defense due to the fact that he was being threatened with severe bodily harm. This corroborates an account of the event given by a friend of Officer Darren Wilson:

Well, then Michael takes off and gets to be about 35 feet away. And, Darren’s first protocol is to pursue. So, he stands up and yells, “Freeze!” Michael and his friend turn around. And Michael taunts him… And then all the sudden he just started bumrushing him. He just started coming at him full speed. And, so he just started shooting. And, he just kept coming. And, so he really thinks he was on something.”

It’s far too unlikely that these two accounts are similar accidentally, having been from such disparate sources.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 August 2014 - 09:26 PM.