above 1358 indicates...............

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#71 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

pure speculation of course, but i suspect the powers that be would be grateful to see food prices just a tad lower...
let them eat cake , yes, but not with wheat and sugar prices quite so high
lest the guillotines blades be re-sharpened

Speaking of agricultural products take a look at the futures today...........wheat, corn, soybeans down big time. PM's holding up well.
Peace
johngeorge

#72 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:55 PM

if you have debt, do not wait for the wolf to come to your door, do what you have to , to rid yourself of this beast . or the banksters will do it for you. throughout history they have not just let people walk.

dharma.

Great words of wisdom! Do whatever it takes to get out of debt. Debt=Slavery. During the Great Depression the banksters first created the crash and thereby stole your finances and your retirement. Next they foreclosed on your home. Finally, they weren't satiated enough so they came and took your gold. Think about it! It is the same o same o. This time they don't have to take your gold from the safe deposit box, they just increase basic needs prices (food, clothing, heat, electricity, etc.) and they take your gold because that is the only thing with value in order to pay. After they get all you have they celebrate for awhile during which you are going through a Great Depression. Later they start a war and it's rinse and repeat.
Peace
johngeorge

#73 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

Where's the "flight-to-safety" into the US Dollar??? What has changed? Looks to me like the Yen is now the "go-to" safehaven currency!

stubaby

From PIMCO's Mohamed El-Erian : We Can Not Assume The Dollar Will Retain Its Reserve Currency Status
Peace
johngeorge

#74 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

i actually thought the correct would last more than a day. here we are @new highs for the move. i do think this move gets explosive @some point. @some point it will make sense to switch silver for gold. its a matter of risk tolerance and personal preference dharma

#75 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:23 AM

Dollar taking huge dump this am. Perhaps it has finally lost its "safety" status.
Peace
johngeorge

#76 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,075 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:50 PM

miners, esp juniors still BADLY lagging

#77 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

dougie- crashing broad market will put a damper on the miners rise. its something to watch
i do think that we make new highs on this leg. before the end of march and i do think
there will be something that triggers a big up move. however, if the broads crash,
the miners will lag at best
Bernanke, You Stupid bastage

Karl Denninger
http://www.321gold.c...nger022211.html
you tell him karl!
dharma

Edited by dharma, 23 February 2011 - 01:22 PM.

#78 comino

comino

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:34 PM

dougie- crashing broad market will put a damper on the miners rise.
dharma

this has been a multi-year issue for the miners, about 5 in my book, and few have risen much past their previous highs in spite of
gold sky rocketing.

there is a big problem for many miners, especially jr's who seem to only benefit from manic episodes of buying but few
from sustained and broad-based rises in the value of gold miners vs. the metal they mine.

we hear all manner of stories and excuses why the miners cant or wont keep up, followed by steady assurances that
once gold breaks a specific price point, they will catch up. this didnt happen at $1000, $1100, $1200, $1300 or even $1400,
what objective proof do we have to suggest the miners will suddenly catch up and truly realize gains when gold hits $1500?
and by cathing up i mean resuming the historical trend of the miners:$gold ratio that prior to 2005/2006 saw many large cap miners
enjoying better value vis a vis gold.

my contention as a long time gold bug is that gold the metal will benefit, as will silver. the miners will be dragged along reluctantly but the trend will remain which sees gold miners rise a bit when gold jumps, and fall hard when gold sneezes or takes a breather. this is not a sustainable or healthy trend, mining companies face a treasure trove of issues unrelated to gold's price and this appears to be more fully realized, and in my mind: the way of the future.

miners will continue to suffer until the GDX:$GOLD ratio breaches prior highs.

#79 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

dougie- crashing broad market will put a damper on the miners rise.
dharma

this has been a multi-year issue for the miners, about 5 in my book, and few have risen much past their previous highs in spite of
gold sky rocketing.

there is a big problem for many miners, especially jr's who seem to only benefit from manic episodes of buying but few
from sustained and broad-based rises in the value of gold miners vs. the metal they mine.

we hear all manner of stories and excuses why the miners cant or wont keep up, followed by steady assurances that
once gold breaks a specific price point, they will catch up. this didnt happen at $1000, $1100, $1200, $1300 or even $1400,
what objective proof do we have to suggest the miners will suddenly catch up and truly realize gains when gold hits $1500?
and by cathing up i mean resuming the historical trend of the miners:$gold ratio that prior to 2005/2006 saw many large cap miners
enjoying better value vis a vis gold.

my contention as a long time gold bug is that gold the metal will benefit, as will silver. the miners will be dragged along reluctantly but the trend will remain which sees gold miners rise a bit when gold jumps, and fall hard when gold sneezes or takes a breather. this is not a sustainable or healthy trend, mining companies face a treasure trove of issues unrelated to gold's price and this appears to be more fully realized, and in my mind: the way of the future.

miners will continue to suffer until the GDX:$GOLD ratio breaches prior highs.

you are correct and you may very well continue to be correct. i am basing my position in the miners on performance in the last bull market. does it have to be the same this time. so far it is not.
dharma

#80 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

Eric Sprott: The Government Lied... There is No More Silver!
Peace
johngeorge