Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:08 AM

we should know in short order

#172 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:55 AM

we should know in short order

sure "smells" like distribution to me, another failing up opening rally attempt, muy interesting

Senor

#173 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

here we are in the biggest crises in my lifetime, and folks keep missing legs of the bull: slicing, dicing, dissecting and they are clueless. 1495 breaks into the next price cycle. watch the battle. the metal has not given much ground. this is a prominent # for my work. capture it and it is the gateway to higher prices. here we are near 1500 , the highest level gold has ever traded @ and dissecting occurs. i am stating facts here. anyway the miners are not confirming , why is that? well sinclair addressed this the other day. apparently the hedgies are long the metal and short the miners. they , @some point will be taken to the cleaners. there is alot less money in the hands of individual investors. take a look@ a volume chart of the nyse, since the rise in 08. many former investors are broke. the currency is flirting w/its lows, everything that is real costs more $$$. the middle class is being decimated. folks are struggling to keep a roof over their heads and food on their tables. as i stated @the beginning, this is the largest crises in my lifetime. i want to be long the bull. well it looks like its going to correct? the miners are underperforming? yes, that is absolutely fact. bulls need to be given room to sort things out. volume has been diminishing! yes, it has. folks on food stamps cant afford to invest. there are 43 million americans on food stamps the investor class is rapidly shrinking. on the outside it looks like everything is the same, its not. the deficits are growing. fighting 3 wars. the poor are not expressing their discontent yet. ride the bull . study history study past bulls. just my 2c . i know nothing dharma the perfect storm: 0 interest rates rising deficits the fed and ecb openly monetizing fundamentals dont matter, oh i forgot! and yes we can correct to 1443 or 1460

Edited by dharma, 19 April 2011 - 09:49 AM.

#174 CHAx

CHAx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

Just did some light buying/added to positions.

With Senor's latest "warning" call, I just had too.
Becoming one of my favorite bottom indicators. ;)

That was not nice.

Senor

Senor:

I agree -JGUITARSLIM: let's keep it civilized and "on point" here please!

stubaby

I have been wrong and will be wrong in the future, interesting he gave me no credit for being right about gold stocks having cinco down and I forecasted another move down - it has happened, oh well, some just like to criticize. And amigo Studaby now we find out if HUI is finishing correction or a tres wave is happening, muy importante.

Senor

For the record, Senor has been right plenty of times in the past few years I have followed this board, and was right about miners continuing weakness. We all make trading mistakes, its part of the game. I also appreciate a non-cheerleader contrarian view.

#175 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

slowly , slowly working the 1495. 1513 is the breakout. i post my work for free for all to see. if you feel that it is not worth its salt , dont read what i have to say. senor or anyone else can start a thread, it is quite simple to do. i try and share my thoughts and what i am doing. if you consider it cheerleading dont read what i have to say. dont let the door hit your butt on the way out dharma

#176 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

slowly , slowly working the 1495. 1513 is the breakout.
i post my work for free for all to see.
if you feel that it is not worth its salt , dont read what i have to say.

senor or anyone else can start a thread, it is quite simple to do.
i try and share my thoughts and what i am doing. if you consider it cheerleading dont read what i have to say.
dont let the door hit your butt on the way out
dharma

so does that mean someone can't voice a possible opposing or different point of view if done in a normal respectful way that encourages discussion? If that is the type of forum you prefer you can have it, I want NO part of it.

Senor

#177 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

slowly , slowly working the 1495. 1513 is the breakout.
i post my work for free for all to see.
if you feel that it is not worth its salt , dont read what i have to say.

senor or anyone else can start a thread, it is quite simple to do.
i try and share my thoughts and what i am doing. if you consider it cheerleading dont read what i have to say.
dont let the door hit your butt on the way out
dharma

so does that mean someone can't voice a possible opposing or different point of view if done in a normal respectful way that encourages discussion? If that is the type of forum you prefer you can have it, I want NO part of it.

Senor

that is not what i am saying.
dharma

#178 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:51 PM

I have a question for silver bulls, does not the now straight up vertical and ultimately unsustainable phase silver is now in, looking at a monthly chart, concern you? Any parabolic move like this I have ever seen in my 30 years of following the markets has always ended very, very badly - does anyone really think it's "going to be different" this time? Just askin Senor

#179 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

I have a question for silver bulls, does not the now straight up vertical and ultimately unsustainable phase silver is now in, looking at a monthly chart, concern you? Any parabolic move like this I have ever seen in my 30 years of following the markets has always ended very, very badly - does anyone really think it's "going to be different" this time? Just askin

Senor

Short-term yes. But I plan to buy @ 35. For it to pass the old time high would be equal to 165ish. It is different this time, I believe. The U.S. must inflate away the debt. Ultimately all crashes will be to the upside.

#180 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

I have a question for silver bulls, does not the now straight up vertical and ultimately unsustainable phase silver is now in, looking at a monthly chart, concern you? Any parabolic move like this I have ever seen in my 30 years of following the markets has always ended very, very badly - does anyone really think it's "going to be different" this time? Just askin

Senor

I would not be surprised if silver comes down to $20-25 after this rally is complete. But, is the rally complete? No, I don't believe so. Until one thinks the rally is complete, it doesn't make sense to sell unless you're trying a scale out strategy (scaling out as price goes higher).

I think we will see $50 silver before the rally completes, and probably break above it slightly just draw in some more of the crowd. I would like to see gold get above $1600 as well. I don't require these targets to be hit in order to sell, however. I will start raising cash aggressively once I do think the rally is complete regardless of anything.

We look to be anywhere within 10 weeks of a top and the start of a larger-than-usual correction (the type that could take silver back down to $20-25). No one will time the exact top. I will try my best to come close, and if I see $50 silver I may start raising cash even if there aren't any "toppy-like" candles showing.

Edited by alysomji, 19 April 2011 - 03:31 PM.

"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months