Booming economy? Local airport traffic fell 6% last month

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

My wife made a mid-week trip to Vegas last week and was surprised by how busy the place was.
Of course it was great weather in the 90's and I suspect a lot of their visitors drive over from surrounding states rather than go through the airport sideshow.

This makes me happy and sad.
Happy because I think others have joined me in boycotting the airlines until the TSA is brought under control.
Sad because business is being destroyed day by day as Atlas Shrugged continues to play out in real life.

Tulsa Airport Traffic Fell 6% Last Month
High fuel prices and steadily increasing air fares are causing airline passenger traffic to tumble at Tulsa International Airport, executives said Monday.

In April, 211,058 passengers boarded or deplaned commercial aircraft at Tulsa International, a 6.68 percent decrease compared with April 2010, and the largest year-over-year drop in passenger traffic since February's snow storms caused a 10.33 percent decrease in passenger traffic.

http://www.tulsaworl..._0_Highfu311081

Although the "official" reason is higher ticket prices, many others are expresing my thoughts:

Omegaspin,
What the heck?
Not one mention of the abusive and unproven tactics used by the TSA when they grope your children and take nude photos of law-abiding citizens. This "security theater" is keeping Americans away from airports in droves.

rdmd,
Not to mention how absolutely dreadful the whole flying experience is these days. People don't want to fly anymore unless they have to for some reason.

jnewell,
Coincidentally, charter flights are up. Hmmm. Most people are not really as dumb as the government thinks.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 May 2011 - 10:27 PM.