cycle top in view

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#181 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

pulled my orders for today, did no buying 1913 is the death zone for this price cycle . we hit it last night. 1933 ends the cycle we are retracing a good portion of this cycle . on strength i am a seller. if it continues down tomorrow i will sell. parabolics are unstable structures. this could have been all she wrote. dharma

#182 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

Dharma: masterly

#183 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

thanks dougie 20% cash. and this is about where i will sit. i am looking for a lower high in the broads and then an 87 type set up. i have seen a study where it shows the broads correlating well w/07 . in either event i will add to faz on strength here. it will serve as a sort of hedge and also,it will imo be a winner, i think we make a lower high in the broads. shifting my attention in sept/oct crash season for the broads. . i will continue posting my thoughts here. dharma

Edited by dharma, 23 August 2011 - 02:58 PM.

#184 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

pulled my orders for today, did no buying
1913 is the death zone for this price cycle . we hit it last night. 1933 ends the cycle we are retracing a good portion of this cycle . on strength i am a seller. if it continues down tomorrow i will sell. parabolics are unstable structures. this could have been all she wrote.
dharma

dharma:

We both were expecting this "top" in Gold - I'm looking at 1,780 to 1,810 for support for a "bounce" - then we will see "what's what". GDX acting as 'per script' - expect 'meager' bounce tommorrow into Thursday followed by final leg down into a 'buy' point Friday/Monday. I will start to reduce positions if:

• 58.5 is taken out on GDX
  • Bounce after this correction falls short of $65

stubaby :sweatingbullets:

PS at least this will bring my Stockcharts daily's on Gold back into view (sure sign of a parabola) :D

#185 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:22 PM

pulled my orders for today, did no buying
1913 is the death zone for this price cycle . we hit it last night. 1933 ends the cycle we are retracing a good portion of this cycle . on strength i am a seller. if it continues down tomorrow i will sell. parabolics are unstable structures. this could have been all she wrote.
dharma

dharma:

We both were expecting this "top" in Gold - I'm looking at 1,780 to 1,810 for support for a "bounce" - then we will see "what's what". GDX acting as 'per script' - expect 'meager' bounce tommorrow into Thursday followed by final leg down into a 'buy' point Friday/Monday. I will start to reduce positions if:

• 58.5 is taken out on GDX
  • Bounce after this correction falls short of $65

stubaby :sweatingbullets:

PS at least this will bring my Stockcharts daily's on Gold back into view (sure sign of a parabola) :D

stubaby- i am looking for a significant correction. i have never seen a parabolic that ends any other way but a full retracement. sure it will have bounces , but the final low will be hundreds of dollars down. my guess is england had to buy the gold on the open market to cover chavez request.
any way, good trading
dharma

#186 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:23 AM

make no mistake about it i am bullish on gold , bearish on the dollar. gold/silver is still the leader in this bull market. the miners are in the back seat.i include silver in there, if you look @a 31 year chart of silver it looks like a giant h&s bottom projecting much much higher. until the myriad of problems are resolved, i am firmly planted in this sector. it seemed prudent to me to take some off the table. now on hui and gold we are in support points(just broke). if the parabolic is not finished here, then i will buy the weakness, if it is , then i will wait for the washout and buy. i trade w/a small %of my $$$. i dont want to be on the sidelines w/the inevitable conclusion to this bull market. unforseen events can and will rise to the surface. the end result will be a lower dollar. in 34 roosevelt called in all the gold, and then revalued gold to 35 an ounce from 20 an ounce. so if your $$$ was in dollars, your pp got cut almost in 1/2. i have stated innumerable times the choices sovereigns have . i believe the us w/bernake @the helm will chose to inflate or @least try to. now i watch and see what my next move will be. you have to follow your own gut. in the end just remaining long will be the way to go. so, far i have been lucky, i havent missed a beat. but we are a long long ways from the end of this bull. if you make a study of charts, then use common sense, dont let greed /fear dominate your thinking. and above all its not what you want to be so, its listening to the market!! good luck ! good trading dharma

#187 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:34 AM

Been waiting for this Wave 4 to finish - time to add to XG?

http://stockcharts.c...85790&r=137.png

http://stockcharts.c...5905&r=5173.png

I'm adding here :angry:

stubaby

#188 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

Added 2 weeks ago at "gap fill" (15.50) adding again today on top of 200-day MA:

http://stockcharts.c...92829&r=376.png

http://stockcharts.c...92923&r=626.png

stubaby :numchuk:

#189 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

working through the price cycles very quickly. there will be big bounces as well as hair raising declines take out 1754 , and it brings 1659 into focus. i am wearing my trading hat and i am ready to buy if the conditions warrant it. hourly charts all oversold. not going to rush or force it, however, if my parameters are hit i will jump in. patience. fantastic trading markets. dharma

#190 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

so ar metal has three wave correction: higher from here? miners looks like a down now in b up?