222 replies to this topic

#191 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

CME Gold Margin Increase 8-25-11

Let's "put on a real smack-down"

Metals Options expiration tomorrow :swoon: coincidence?

#192 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:48 AM

There is the plain fool, who does the wrong thing at all times everywhere, but there is also the Wall Street fool, who thinks he must trade all the time. No man can have adequate reasons for buying or selling stocks daily — or sufficient knowledge to make his play an intelligent play.

~ Jesse Livermore in Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre.

armstrong on gold
http://www.10sigma.c... 08-24-2011.pdf

getting quiet. listening. tuning it all out. watching my parameters.
dharma

#193 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:51 AM

There is the plain fool, who does the wrong thing at all times everywhere, but there is also the Wall Street fool, who thinks he must trade all the time. No man can have adequate reasons for buying or selling stocks daily — or sufficient knowledge to make his play an intelligent play.

~ Jesse Livermore in Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre.

armstrong on gold
http://www.10sigma.c... 08-24-2011.pdf

getting quiet. listening. tuning it all out. watching my parameters.
dharma

Dharma, thanks for the Jesse Livermore quotes. It has reminded me that I need to re-read the book.

#194 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

the 1754 for my work was very important. i bought phys @1488 and nsu. 1754 is a key #in this price cycle 1750 is the .382 correction of the advance. volatility has to be given some room here. i have turns tomorrow/monday dharma

#195 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

options expiration behind us. wonder about the extant of that down move??! dharma

#196 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

options expiration behind us. wonder about the extant of that down move??!
dharma

dharma:

Lot's of technical damage done, but NOT "the knock-out" IMHO. I would prefer a nice steady climb here followed by one more "shakeout" vs a volitile move higher. I am not convienced yet that "this" top is in - but time will tell!

50% FIB off of lateral consolidation:
http://stockcharts.c...01-27&en=(today)&i=p39035234912&a=224136240&r=7973.png

New channel forming?
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=D&yr=3&mn=0&dy=0&i=p02844583324&a=232993438&r=4965.png

stubaby :purebs:

#197 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

Potential inverse H&S pattern in GDX....

Posted Image

#198 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:01 AM

Jim Sinclair...

I am amazed at the day later geniuses that send out dire warnings on gold. Selling against the upper two Angels was obvious. There is no top in gold.

Kenny places the odds at 50/50 that yesterday’s low was the low. He says that if it was not then the low is not far below.

I have never seen such capitulation among people especially in outrageously undervalued gold shares. Pros were dropping dead today. In bullion you had to walk close to the building to be safe from the golden flyers.

I have told you time and time again that gold will be violent in its exponential stage. What you have seen is nothing compared to what is to come. Truth be known, this kitchen is going to get hotter by the day so if you cannot handle the heat sell partially at each Angel until you have cut yourself back to the sleeping well size position.

For heaven’s sake stop barfing into weakness. Stop selling weakness and buying strength. That is a kindergarten type error.

Stop the margin. It will kill you. Stop watching every tick. That is certain to make you crazy.

You will in the future be very sorry you sold down to a sleeping position at Angels, but stopping pain is not an illogical purpose.

Respectfully,
Jim

#199 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:51 AM

bernake came and went. no surprises there. gold is sitting in a relatively strong position. and that has my attention. i am not sold on the idea that the top for this leg is in. so, i am watching. and listening. and i am starting to think we go higher. not sure the bottom is in, i have some cash so i will wait to see what opportunity presents itself dharma

#200 leocleoc

leocleoc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

Been waiting for this Wave 4 to finish - time to add to XG?
I'm adding here :angry:
stubaby

Stu

Thanks for your hard work. We are all grateful to you and Dharma.