• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#211 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:34 AM

dharma

Thanks for your always timely commentary. Speaking of soybeans I am looking to add to my RJA on any pullback. Also I am adding today to my UXG position as the chart is getting stronger.

Best to you.

the difference between last time and this time for me is, this time when i sell i have been buying back cheaper. but, that is neither here nor there really. its maintaining position that is the strategy in here. volatility will continue to be high, and this is not near as high as it will get. the key will be to remain on board for the ride. i am about 90% invested. and waiting to see how this weakness unfolds. next week will be very interesting. notice food stuffs/grains. they are poised to bust a move. soybeans has built a base which it is busting out of. there is still lots of time to the long cycle for gold.
watching in here. eventually there will be no leverage in the metals futures market, which suits me just fine.
i chart the miners vs the metal. and the miners are very close to the 08 lows vs the metal. i dont know when , but @some point the miners will express themselves.
dharma

Peace
johngeorge

#212 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:52 AM

gold moves in a day now, what it did previously in a month. and i believe this is just the beginning. now lets sit back and see what one of the strongest months of the year has in store. miners holding their own, leadership will come to them @some point. dharma

#213 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

the board died.
i bought auq yesterday when it got killed and i will buy more should it get down there again
http://www.businessw...d-real-m-a.html
this speaks volumes to me. alot more takeovers are going to happen

i think next week the fireworks return
September 7th takes on strategic importance.

Euro bail-out in doubt as ‘hysteria’ sweeps Germany
German Chancellor Angela Merkel no longer has enough coalition votes in the Bundestag to secure backing for Europe’s revamped rescue machinery, threatening a constitutional crisis in Germany and a fresh eruption of the euro debt saga.
By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard
8:07PM BST 28 Aug 2011

when you have feds evans supporting qe not hard to see why gold is up a bunch. those piece pissani had on cnbc today, shows how difficult it is to mine gold and how easy it is to print fiat

dharma

Edited by dharma, 30 August 2011 - 01:23 PM.

#214 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

board dided: nah, we area all sitting on the edge of our seats, popcorn in hand these 3d glasses make me feel sick to my stomach though

#215 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
–John Adams, 1826

Edited by JGUITARSLIM, 30 August 2011 - 02:30 PM.

#216 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:03 PM

Hi guys and gals! Just waiting for the breakouts that few believe. Remember with these trendlines above (having been around for nearly 9 months) after the breakout and short run-up THERE will be a retest from above. :yes: The miner shorts NOW :sweatingbullets: and AFTER BREAKOUT :giveup: stubaby :purebs:

#217 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:21 AM

gdx, gdxj, nugt all sitting w/what appears to be inverse h&s patterns the 7th now comes up on my radar. what will germany(the kingpin) of europe. you can almost feel the public come in and short gold on days like today. september seasonally is one of the strongest gold months of the year. sept/october is also crash season for the broads. 1813,1793 are the #s i am watching. staying the course you are not alone stubaby dharma

#218 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:00 AM

Breakout...I can smell it! IMO, team short miners have been nicely setup by the bankstas for a real cookout.
For those into diamonds.

Posted Image

#219 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:02 PM

Bob Hoye sees a 20% haircut in the miners HERE and a correction in BOTH gold and silver:

Bob Hoye

stubaby

#220 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:18 PM

stubaby Even if Hoye is correct I really do not care! :P For me I am holding onto what I have and a 20% correction would be a marvelous opportunity to add to my holdings. The bull in miners and metals has a long way to go. :redbull: :redbull: :redbull:
Peace
johngeorge