• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#31 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:40 AM

This chart implies a late August peak in gold:

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD:$USD&p=D&yr=2&mn=6&dy=0&i=p01515471500&a=225295472&r=2615.png

stubaby :o

that is certainly a possibility and one on my calendar. i have 3 possibilities for august. what i have found is the long cycle dominates. so, this will top when the long cycle tops(22months). the game is starting to get interesting. 1621 is the end of the cycle. breaking into the next cycle opens the gateway to higher prices and puts 1754 into play. and we are talking about the debt ceiling here, not the debt. down the road the debt will come into play that will not be pretty droves of folks will be sent to the breadline. its just a slow drip here. then it will pour. get out of debt all debt. in the great depression, folks who owned fully paid houses had to give the house back because they could not afford the taxes(whose side is uncle on?). notice that the fed gave money to foreign banks, those banks owed the banksters money. the money appears to be given so the banksters could be paid. anyway, our job is to remain buckled up and on the back of the back of the bull. @1478 folks had handed over their positions. now @1615 some are price chasing. not the road to riches. when the froth gets to an excess the rug will be pulled. its always the case. monitor your emotions. be honest. dont fool yourself. it always interests and amazes me , when the cycles are in topping mode the news kicks in gear to support the cycle.
this is all speculation here. when the date comes to pass , then we see what reality the government has on its plate. of course history is the guide.
sovereigns have 2 choices
1 renege
2 inflate the debt away. for countries like the piigs this is not an option. unless of course they leave the euro. the usa can and will take this option.
after ww1 the allies saddled germany w/the costs of the war.+they had to rebuild. so weimar came into being and took the inflation option. it never ever has a happy ending . but yet it is continually repeated throughout history. fiat gives the politicians the option to print and to win votes, they do
be comfortable. if you have to take some of the table , then do so. trade in a way that suits your personality. find your niche.
dharma

#32 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

martin armstrong- timely
http://www.martinarm...007-22-2011.pdf
dharma

#33 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

so, the stage show continues. and of course the people will suffer. a government of the people, by the people and for the people is something that is written in words. obviously not @play here
nothing to do, but wait. gold holding 1603 for the time being. the cycle is on our side. when the time is right we will propel out of here. sure corrections are always possible. i will side w/the history of this cycle , it ends in a strong up move. i can wait
this is why i dont buy s.african miners http://www.businessw...union-says.html
dharma

#34 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:05 PM

everytime in the past year we got this overbought on HUI we sold off different this time? ;)

#35 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

I am sitting on my hands. Can't see a need to buy or sell at this point. Watchful waiting! :ninja:

At KWN today: John Embry - Massive Shortage of Available Physical Gold & Silver
Peace
johngeorge

#36 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

Looks "locked and loaded"!

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=W&yr=10&mn=0&dy=0&i=p61818716060&a=183376202&r=1476.png

stubaby :D :yes: :bye:

#37 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:46 AM

yes but what of the miners: can certainly see a scenario where gold parabolas and miners tank or go flat

#38 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:17 AM

so much to worry about. bulls climb a wall of worry.
its still july.
above 1621 close and we could be on our way. does it have to play out like past 22 month cycles? of course not, the past is an indicator. many things have yet to play out should this crises develop. moodys/sp would downgrade the usa. this would cause rates to rise. w/o getting into details there are many facets to this crises. today is today. what plays out remains to be seen. i am holding @this point letting this thing play out.
good earnings from gg which reports today could alert folks to the viability of the miners as an investment
stay tuned
since ted butler has gone to subscription, he has not posted much , until yesterday
http://www.investmen...y07-25-11.shtml
dharma

good work stubaby. you are well above my ballpark, but this could get out of hand

Edited by dharma, 27 July 2011 - 09:19 AM.

#39 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

remember volatility is increasing. options expiration always produces fun and games. dharma slipping into buy mode, will wait for hourly divergences in the indexes

#40 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

we are however in a cluster of cycles here and this could be the highs as an inversion: 180degrees from late jan low, 360 form july 210 low, etc...