the run

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#31 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:39 AM

i bought yesterday and am in buying this am. yesterday, the once strongest currency in the western world decided to peg its currency to the badly flawed euro. gold went down. the swiss will now have to sell their currency to keep it pegged to the euro. or buy euros. i guess them having to print money to peg is a bad thing for gold. now , what do you suppose the fed will do on the 21st??????? folks short gold and buy dollars. talk about a flawed strategy. if you win on that strategy you are left w/a depreciating currency.
the miners are way undervalued. folks , look @the miners. many are less now then they were @1k gold. and these are producers. not all of them are in bad financial situations. i think the market has not recognized the value there. it will. stubaby, has made this a theme. and he will be proven correct. watch the top callers and ask yourself , where were these guys @1400,1500,1600 gold. did they ever mention buying or adding. the problem w/chats is folks say anything and dont mention a trade, then when what they say comes to pass . they say , see told you so. let us know what you do. if you want to help folks , then post what you do.
i bought smdzf this am(not a recommendation, just stating my trade. http://strategicmeta....com/s/home.asp?
daily divergences , over sold.
added to nsu yesterday.
gold held yesterday where it had to -1813 . gann techniques work!
gold will be revalued, and it will be alot higher. these things take time.
consider the inverse h&s patterns on gdx and gdxj have a look! what does that mean?
dharma

Edited by dharma, 08 September 2011 - 09:43 AM.

#32 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:52 AM

These are a couple of my "core" holdings:

Ready to "run" (do your own DD):
http://stockcharts.c...17689&r=387.png
http://stockcharts.c...17954&r=111.png

http://stockcharts.c...38289&r=906.png
http://stockcharts.c...238418&r=61.png

stubaby

#33 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for the miner charts, STU. I've got some MNEAF, the proposed merger news with UXG seems positive. You guys do amazing work here, and have caught just about every major move !
"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#34 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

dollar at muy importante resistance, we see if it breaks out NO BS Senor

#35 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

Change in character of miners:

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&i=p66610605264&a=243391352&r=5141.png

stubaby :purebs:

#36 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:45 AM

dollar at muy importante resistance, we see if it breaks out

NO BS

Senor

dollar is breaking out norte, now we see if breakout holds and is for real, could be muy bullish

NO BS

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 09 September 2011 - 07:45 AM.

#37 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:08 AM

the euro is toast! the dollar is toast value one against the other and you still get 0. the euro will collapse 1st. then the dollar. the euros demise will be instructive. what can they do? a handful of their partners are deep in debt. bankrupt. its not going to be pretty. gold=money. the rest are a mirage. yes,gold is pushed around price wise. in the end it will be revalued. now to a trader, this is what interests him. i have my seat and i plan to remain seated for the ride. dabbling w/10-15% of my $$$ so i stay sharp. the higher we go the more volatile gold becomes. trading is difficult when it gaps up 50 and gaps down 50. parabolics are unstable structures. and i think what is coming will be much more volatility than this. have your core . analysts will call tops and bottoms, its what they do. i learned early on . that the market is final word. and it doesnt appear to listen to anyone or care who calls what. so the usa has an employment issue. so the presidents solution is throw money, we dont have , at it. of course the ccc waits in the wings. and then there is the fed later this month. its chairman speaks about its box of tools. lets open up that box and see what is inside. they can raise or lower interest rates. well rates are close to 0 and they promised to keep them there till 2013. then they can print money. ok a new failed qe program will be announced. maybe it will be surreptitious. but, print they will. we are in a big deflation. that is the prevailing wind. sooner or later we go down the rabbit hole. and the usa will print to try and prevent that. the end result will be a small to non existent middle class. anyway i digress. take your seat . have some cash to buy the inevitable sales that spring up now and again. enjoy the ride. its a golden opportunity. dharma

#38 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

its a golden opportunity

How succinct! You gotta love it! :D

Thanks dharma
Peace
johngeorge

#39 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

its a golden opportunity

Thanks dharma

the euro is toast!
the dollar is toast
value one against the other and you still get 0

This is the meat of what's really going on now! :lol:

Thanks dharma!

stubaby

#40 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:33 AM

its a golden opportunity

Thanks dharma

the euro is toast!
the dollar is toast
value one against the other and you still get 0

This is the meat of what's really going on now! :lol:

Thanks dharma!

stubaby

yes, it is the bottom line. just caught rogers on cnbc, if (paraphrasing)"if greece defaults, buy the euro" for traders these markets are paradise.
we have advanced , as stubaby brings out, to another stage in the bull. ie, miners are now catching on. they are outperforming the broads. its another awakening. next , will be the merger phase. the lagging explorers will present opportunities for the majors. yesterday, eg ng which is an explorer will never have the resources to develop their mines. they took a 10% haircut. explorers are a tough game in normal times, in the run its becomes a different story. place your bets! the last and final awakening will be when the explorers take the lead-pure and simple speculation. i read hours a day on different mines, and i know squat. i try to buy mines in good locations, w/experienced management. but, when the public comes in here. it will be 2k in internet stocks. and my fear will be these know nothings will find their way to this board and dilute it.
just your friday du jour smack down in gold. defaults on the way. so the see saw sees the dollar rally. now, gold is the ultimate currency. trade if you are so bent, but have your core it will save your butt in the end
dharma

Edited by dharma, 09 September 2011 - 11:35 AM.