• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#11 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

You should use the word "screw" instead of f-bombs... Mark probably doesn't care about your sorry excuse for any political posts, period. :D So, why bother? I just got another one removed tonight, although I was pointing out the general stupidity of the political agenda shooting itself in the foot. Oh well...

Edited by arbman, 21 September 2011 - 12:00 AM.

#12 Will

Will

• Traders-Talk User
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:05 AM

BTW, one of my posts that explained my whole issue got deleted by the prudes before I could even refresh this topic. Wow, they are quick, the Prudes! :D Arb, I think it was a reply to your post that got me riled up. Anyway, its a slow nite with nothing moving much so what do you do!

Edited by Will, 21 September 2011 - 12:06 AM.

#13 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:11 AM

you may follow the same path like others in the past who have got upset, taken breaks and came back!
vitaminm

#14 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

duplicate.........deleted

Edited by vitaminm, 21 September 2011 - 12:11 AM.

vitaminm

#15 Will

Will

• Traders-Talk User
  • 363 posts

This was the post that got deleted. Thx to advice from arb, pls translate the word *screw* to your personal favorite f-bomb. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Let me just say that I do not take myself or my beliefs very seriously because I know they will change with time. So no personal affront taken. The issue here is that there was posts made that were in no obvious discord with common sense. I had posted a topic from onion.com about bernanke which had the work *screw* in a humorous piece and the post got deleted. The piece had far more relevance to this forum than say sophia loren but got deleted. If you cannot differentiate between the word *screw* used in anger and in satire obviously there are some serious issues with common culture today. The other post was about public schools and how a lack of responsibility on part of the parents ends in vilification of the system while it continues to work for immigrants. I can't imagine why it would deleted [except if you are unable to emotionally handle the argument]. Its a point of view with facts in favor of it, deal with it if you can. Generally, right or wrong, I have noticed that the admins are prudes for the lack of a better word, which unfortunately is not conducive for a more enriched conversation. Let me guess, this post will get deleted even though there is nothing offensive here. Prudes I said!

#16 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

BTW, one of my posts that explained my whole issue got deleted by the prudes before I could even refresh this topic. Wow, they are quick, the Prudes! :D

Arb, I think it was a reply to your post that got me riled up. Anyway, its a slow nite with nothing moving much so what do you do!

I think Mark legitimately does not want to become a political target and attract that kind of attention on this board, even if everyone polarizes and attacks each other, it wouldn't really matter. But if the board is called a political propaganda place, it will bring all sorts of outside attention and I am sure Mark has no intention to deal with those...

Although what I posted was pretty funny, imho. :D

#17 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

Although what I posted was pretty funny, imho.

Posted Image

I have some really great stuff that I can't post here or where my clients might see it because it would be inappropriate.
Sometimes I'll PM it to friends who might appreciate it or email it to them.
But I can't post it here without offending 90% of everybody, which is 15% more than usual.
I got a million of 'em! :lol:

Edited by Rogerdodger, 21 September 2011 - 12:26 AM.

#18 Will

Will

• Traders-Talk User
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:26 AM

duplicate.........deleted

Seriously dude, you need to get more sex [if that word is allowed in this forum]!

#19 Will

Will

• Traders-Talk User
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

No one should "hang in" if Traders-Talk is not for them.

I used to like you milbank, now you are more of a A-bomb! = :rolleyes:

Wow, I am loving this stuff!

#20 voecklen

voecklen

• Traders-Talk User
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:36 AM

:lol:

This was the post that got deleted. Thx to advice from arb, pls translate the word *screw* to your personal favorite f-bomb.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me just say that I do not take myself or my beliefs very seriously because I know they will change with time. So no personal affront taken.

The issue here is that there was posts made that were in no obvious discord with common sense. I had posted a topic from onion.com about bernanke which had the work *screw* in a humorous piece and the post got deleted. The piece had far more relevance to this forum than say sophia loren but got deleted. If you cannot differentiate between the word *screw* used in anger and in satire obviously there are some serious issues with common culture today.

The other post was about public schools and how a lack of responsibility on part of the parents ends in vilification of the system while it continues to work for immigrants. I can't imagine why it would deleted [except if you are unable to emotionally handle the argument]. Its a point of view with facts in favor of it, deal with it if you can.

Generally, right or wrong, I have noticed that the admins are prudes for the lack of a better word, which unfortunately is not conducive for a more enriched conversation.

Let me guess, this post will get deleted even though there is nothing offensive here. Prudes I said!

So the post on the Bernank sitting in a bar getting sloshed and spilling his guts got deleted. Too bad. A classic. Will, you're not celebrating your recent success and imitating Bennie are you? :lol:

Edited by voecklen, 21 September 2011 - 12:37 AM.