seeking a bottom!

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#71 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

its hard enough to trade. its all just a thought anyway, why promote negative thoughts? it just makes it tougher

i have said , every nickel will be earned in this gold bull. james sinclair , was instrumental in my ending my bond clipper days and becoming a trader. he has a daily column that is well worth your time. www.jsmineset.com. i dont know or didnt read many of the other prominent gold market analysts of today, and i dont know their history. but i do know sinclairs history as a gold trader. he was in the thick of it in the last bull market and he is here today -reading him will help give you perspective.
gold analysts were tripping over themselves to say they are long term bullish , but bearish in the short term. now , if this was the low, what do they do??!! wealth will be made by owing the gold , putting on a forecaster hat will make you nothing. my question remains the same. when england, canada etal were selling their gold who was the buyer? we never heard who he/she was! now cbs are buying the gold. who is the seller?? he who controls the gold makes the rules.
yesterday, looked , felt, and acted like a bottom. i dont want to jump the gun and say the down move is over. and the evidence from my perspective is that it is over. silver made an exact double bottom. gold took out the 1535 low. and the mining indexes barely took out their oct lows. being in this sector is a major battle. and it aint over.!
dharma

soros- i have followed soros for decades. he talks out of both sides of his mouth. be careful if you think you have him pegged

dharma

Speaking of forecasters...............have you seen this? KWN Interview December 29, 2011: Von Greyerz - Gold Will Trade $3,000 - $5,000 in 2012
Peace
johngeorge

#72 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

Conspiracy VS Reality by Andy Hoffman Friday December 30, 2011
Peace
johngeorge

#73 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

imo, not much being revealed here. 1603 is the pivot, a couple of closes above that and i will think the bottom is in . so far nice bounce. dharma

#74 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:13 PM

anyone look @the silver cots. they are the most bullish since the inception of the bull. buckle up! V bottoms are rare. backing and filling is the norm dharma

#75 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

buckle up!

dharma

Thanks for the warning. :D But I think you know I am ready to rock and roll as are many others here. I am and remain fully invested in physical and mining shares and have been patient. Thanks for all the posts and threads. You add so much to this board!!! My best to you and yours for a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year.
Peace
johngeorge

#76 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

Good summary of current position of gold market:

Toby Conner

#77 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

Good summary of current position of gold market:

Toby Conner

FYI...I've followed this guy's blog (Gary Savage, don't why he uses that other name?) for years.
He will flip his position on a dime.

Edited by JGUITARSLIM, 01 January 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#78 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,075 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

The fact that he posts the same materials using at least two alias's is a giveaway. One could use him as a contrarian signal except as you say, just as he announces to go all in he will change direction the next day

#79 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

happy new year everyone! so we are now in 2012 the end of the mayan calendar. just one thought today, @the top in gold there will be nothing but blue skies. the fundamentals will be outstanding and it will look like this thing will go up forever!!! it wont! that will be the top. something to remember @some point, i dont know if it will be this year, the physical gold market and the paper gold market will part ways. there are lots of commitments for paper gold, but there is only a fraction of the physical gold. dharma

#80 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

happy new year everyone!
so we are now in 2012 the end of the mayan calendar.
just one thought today, @the top in gold there will be nothing but blue skies. the fundamentals will be outstanding and it will look like this thing will go up forever!!! it wont! that will be the top. something to remember
@some point, i dont know if it will be this year, the physical gold market and the paper gold market will part ways. there are lots of commitments for paper gold, but there is only a fraction of the physical gold.
dharma

http://stockcharts.c...87821&r=900.png