#21 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

ECA having another bueno day

Senor

Senor

Your SD is on a tear. What a pick!!!! :cheer: I am waiting for a pullback to buy..........could be I wait an awful long time though. :(

until it breaks out of the base, it will be range bound. no hurry . if it breaks out, you can always buy it then.
retrieved the tourbon on your suggestion. remember if ng bottomed, it will have a wave 2
no one mentions wti which is building a high level base.
dharma

#22 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Senor

Senor

Your SD is on a tear. What a pick!!!! :cheer: I am waiting for a pullback to buy..........could be I wait an awful long time though. :(

I have followed and traded and learned the story of this stock for about two years now. No longer trading it, just buy and hold as I think for the next few years the fundamentals and technicals will align for a grande move, As always DYODD and it's just my opinion

Senor

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

i dont follow natural gas stocks , once in a while i take a look @eca and chk. but i would think that after a long decline which natural gas has had, come companies have set up hedge books , much like abx did for gold. if you go into the sector do youd dd. keep in mind the execs are not traders, if they do have hedge books, it will come to light only when they have suffered huge losses. dharma

#24 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

i dont follow natural gas stocks , once in a while i take a look @eca and chk. but i would think that after a long decline which natural gas has had, come companies have set up hedge books , much like abx did for gold. if you go into the sector do youd dd. keep in mind the execs are not traders, if they do have hedge books, it will come to light only when they have suffered huge losses.
dharma

si, gotta know and understand the companies you invest in. SD for example has hedged the vasy majority of oil this yr and nice prices and has hedged some of 2013 as well. They are getting excellent rates of return on new Miss drilling and want to lock that in, especially as they have large capex needs over the next 2-3 years.

Senor

#25 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

as the past few weeks trading in SD reveals, it can be a very volatile stock! as i said before I am long term oriented and slowly accumulate on sharp dips. Earnings I believe come out tonight at midnight. As always DYODD Senor

#26 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

Senor Gracias for the background and volitility information on SD as well as the update on earnings. Most appreciated.
Peace
johngeorge

#27 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

your timing is uncanny!

as the past few weeks trading in SD reveals, it can be a very volatile stock! as i said before I am long term oriented and slowly accumulate on sharp dips. Earnings I believe come out tonight at midnight. As always DYODD

Senor

#28 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Senor

Senor

Yes all of 24 hours! Hope you were able to endure that wait JG!

#29 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

UPL earnings out and muy bueno given what has transpired in this sector, yes they hedged well but this low cost producer IMO has it's ******** together. This IMO is one of the better nat gas plays "IF" one believes in a bueno recovery in the sector. DYODD and this is my opinion, git yer own! Senor

#30 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

Senor

Senor

Yes all of 24 hours! Hope you were able to endure that wait JG!

It's been a struggle, dougie. :D
Peace
johngeorge