282 replies to this topic

#241 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

those the SMA or EMA's T?
THanks

just wanted to share something ...and actually this applies to even stocks...on a 60 minute chart...when the 65 ma is above the 135 ma..it's when you go long..and vice versa to be short or not be long.
It does work..at least for a swing...but the trade is good when the crossover happens...of course I use other tools...another setting on stockcharts is the macd, 65,90,12...and of course there's other things..but those two indicators when they line up..gives you a good risk/reward...

that said..gdx 60 minute..65ma/135ma are getting closer within a week to either touch and still maintain it's trend or cross downward...now this would be just a short term to intermediate trade..I wont short miner/metals..I just move to the sidelines and wait to add to my core as I do feel miners have bottomed and are due to correct. As long as the relative strength doesn't change to O...a sell on pnf is an opportunity to watch for a bottom.

Right now gdx is between those ma's i mentioned...and the 65ma is holding it down..I still think we could get one more test up on gold..whether miners participate we'll have to see..miners will lead imo..Oct 12-15th is a 2 star reversal..new moon on the 15th too and we still are in mercury saggi till the 13th..so we shall see if we still can do one more rally before the correction..my view is long term like Dharma...these will be opportunities going forward to add to your core..Just my two cent fwiw

TM

#242 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

those the SMA or EMA's T?
THanks

just wanted to share something ...and actually this applies to even stocks...on a 60 minute chart...when the 65 ma is above the 135 ma..it's when you go long..and vice versa to be short or not be long.
It does work..at least for a swing...but the trade is good when the crossover happens...of course I use other tools...another setting on stockcharts is the macd, 65,90,12...and of course there's other things..but those two indicators when they line up..gives you a good risk/reward...

that said..gdx 60 minute..65ma/135ma are getting closer within a week to either touch and still maintain it's trend or cross downward...now this would be just a short term to intermediate trade..I wont short miner/metals..I just move to the sidelines and wait to add to my core as I do feel miners have bottomed and are due to correct. As long as the relative strength doesn't change to O...a sell on pnf is an opportunity to watch for a bottom.

Right now gdx is between those ma's i mentioned...and the 65ma is holding it down..I still think we could get one more test up on gold..whether miners participate we'll have to see..miners will lead imo..Oct 12-15th is a 2 star reversal..new moon on the 15th too and we still are in mercury saggi till the 13th..so we shall see if we still can do one more rally before the correction..my view is long term like Dharma...these will be opportunities going forward to add to your core..Just my two cent fwiw

TM

sma's
TM

#243 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

XME..a miner/metals etf...has an inverse head and shoulder on the daily using August as the head...if it holds, today it has a breakout of that pattern...it needs to stay above 44.62 area...right now its 45.01. I've just started paying attention to it the other day when Dorsey pointed this out. It was up yesterday despite miners/metals down...on a pnf scale target as of yesterday was 53 but today by touching 45 the target will be higher. The pnf trend is positive but still weak RS (realtive strength)...no matter, it broke out today for a 2nd pnf buy signal and the pattern if it holds..fwiw...due your own due diligence TM

#244 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

crude oil has become a political football. the administration has threatened to release the strategic reserves, crude has buckled. BUT, not that far, it still looks constructive. gold/silver/miners all got overbought on the daily chart. my reference in the market is the monthly charts. it smooths out the volatility and presents the big picture. the big picture continues to be the fed has promised to keep interest rates low. and it has said it will not only fund the problems of the usa ,it will help europe as well. we have had a couple of dojis on the charts and i see analysts turning bearish on this possibility. on the daily charts there are several areas where 1800 has offered stiff resistance. and so the battle is on. i feel that 1800 will be taken out on this run. if you notice, we are consolidating @or near the highs of the run. the overbought condition has been worked off and sentiment is steadily declining. it seems the bugs need the cbs to give daily reinforcement of their position. take note of those mountains of debt that the largest western economies are lugging around. one way or another, those holding the debt will be paid. it will come w/much higher gold prices. we are in a major crises, which will spill over to a crises of confidence. the pattern on the monthly chart for gold is quite constructive. we have come out of the top of the pennant/triangle pattern. the gold market has made this pattern on several occasions over the years, and they have all resulted in higher highs. dharma

#245 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

my reference in the market is the monthly charts. it smooths out the volatility and presents the big picture. the pattern on the monthly chart for gold is quite constructive. we have come out of the top of the pennant/triangle pattern. the gold market has made this pattern on several occasions over the years, and they have all resulted in higher highs.
dharma

dharma:

ALL SYSTEMS GO for the long-term!

Daily Gold Triangles:
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=D&yr=12&mn=0&dy=0&i=p87804650858&a=264213495&r=412.png

Monthly Cycles:
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=M&yr=12&mn=0&dy=0&i=p95830755234&a=186863621&r=1349799810846.png

stubaby B)

#246 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

today is the bradley i have mentioned this period as a turn. we have been spinning our wheels and unable to break into the next price cycle support lies in the 1750 area. we are oversold on the hourly charts. then 1735 below that . now we see if the shorts press the issue. many new longs have been added at the highs, will the shorts get them to panic? the cycle lows are due any time between next week and the 10th of november. the seasonals are weak until the 1st week of november. lets see how much price destruction occurs. i think when this turns it will be swift dharma

#247 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

today is the bradley
i have mentioned this period as a turn. we have been spinning our wheels and unable to break into the next price cycle
support lies in the 1750 area. we are oversold on the hourly charts. then 1735 below that .
now we see if the shorts press the issue. many new longs have been added at the highs, will the shorts get them to panic?
the cycle lows are due any time between next week and the 10th of november. the seasonals are weak until the 1st week of november. lets see how much price destruction occurs. i think when this turns it will be swift
dharma

dharma:

The converging 15 week and 65 week MA's seems like a "logical" expectation (or slightly below):
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=W&yr=4&mn=11&dy=0&i=p83448395647&a=183376203&r=845.png
Would also look for RSI to test 50 from above on the weekly!

Clean & simple!

stubaby B)

#248 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

One "possible" short term path:
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=D&yr=1&mn=8&dy=0&i=p13541638114&a=259871921&r=1611.png

stubaby B)

#249 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=D&yr=1&mn=8&dy=0&i=p13541638114&a=259871921&r=1611.png

stubaby B)

Excellent potential short/medium term path Stubaby.
It fulfills Hadik’s end of October initial low and another one in December as well as the late Terry Laundry's and Parker’s 25-week cycle low due around the second half of December.

-tria ;)

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#250 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

stubaby B)

Excellent potential short/medium term path Stubaby.
It fulfills Hadik’s end of October initial low and another one in December as well as the late Terry Laundry's and Parker’s 25-week cycle low due around the second half of December.

-tria ;)

ok here is what my work shows. fwiw
a january high -2100
21-22month cycle highs in june/july. =2500+
a low this month. possible nov/dec low.
dharma
i did some nibbling on the close