after consolidation, comes mark up

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#271 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

traderama- i follow sinclair like i do every one else. i read them and do my own work. think for myself. and the #jim gives is 3500 and i have seen him give #s over 10k.
i respect marty just as i do other analysts. is his money on the line? or is it intellectual? there is a difference for me!
the bottom line for me is .if you have stalked this market and plan to be on board for the ride, and you miss the parabolic . then you blew it. when i started , i traded w/ a bunch of guys. some followed various analysts , who used the high too fast , needs to correct mantra. the ones who missed the move, were depressed. its a golden opportunity.
i too follow ray, he speaks my language. i havent followed him long enough to know his prowess
on the hourly gold /miners charts have formed pennants.
w/o knowledge +experience it becomes very tough. you can increase both of those by studying past bull markets.
w/o that , you increase your odds to fall prey
dharma

Yes Dharma, I know what you're saying but my question was do you know if Jim gave any timeline for his 3500 projection? Just wondering, that's all. I wasn't sure if i'm reading that correctly as if he thinks it's in a short time within 6 months to a year ..2 yrs, etc or a top. It wasn't clear to me ..that's all. I can't find it on his website so I was just wondering if you knew that answer.
TM

Hi TM,

"Jim's $3,500 expectation will likely be realized between 2013 and 2015."
Eric De Groot

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#272 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Looking at AG to turn-up 1st and lead all commodities higher to signal end of the short-term corrective and kick-off the next impulses higher.

Commodity Comparison since 9-11-2001:
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GKX&p=M&yr=11&mn=0&dy=0&i=p03328636305&a=225007672&r=38.png

Notice cumulative returns for US Dollar and SPX - AMAZING!

stubaby B)

#273 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

traderama- i follow sinclair like i do every one else. i read them and do my own work. think for myself. and the #jim gives is 3500 and i have seen him give #s over 10k.
i respect marty just as i do other analysts. is his money on the line? or is it intellectual? there is a difference for me!
the bottom line for me is .if you have stalked this market and plan to be on board for the ride, and you miss the parabolic . then you blew it. when i started , i traded w/ a bunch of guys. some followed various analysts , who used the high too fast , needs to correct mantra. the ones who missed the move, were depressed. its a golden opportunity.
i too follow ray, he speaks my language. i havent followed him long enough to know his prowess
on the hourly gold /miners charts have formed pennants.
w/o knowledge +experience it becomes very tough. you can increase both of those by studying past bull markets.
w/o that , you increase your odds to fall prey
dharma

Yes Dharma, I know what you're saying but my question was do you know if Jim gave any timeline for his 3500 projection? Just wondering, that's all. I wasn't sure if i'm reading that correctly as if he thinks it's in a short time within 6 months to a year ..2 yrs, etc or a top. It wasn't clear to me ..that's all. I can't find it on his website so I was just wondering if you knew that answer.
TM

Hi TM,

"Jim's $3,500 expectation will likely be realized between 2013 and 2015."
Eric De Groot

-tria

Thank you Tria.
TM

#274 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

As I expected a correction is on full swing. After the Bollinger Band sqeeze, the BB's are flaring up. I am working on the premise that a 5th wave was completed on 9/21 when Money Flow T's were expiring in various indices such as SIL, GDX and in many PM stocks. We then had an 'a' wave completed on 9/29 and a 'b' wave on 10/5. Now we are working on the 'c' wave down and once I can see 5 small waves completed I will rebuild my long trading position. Time wise it could be near the end of October. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#275 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

i think that i posted the seasonal chart of gold recently, but didnt have the time to go back and get the link. http://www.seasonalc...ssics_gold.html
the chart shows weakness till the end of oct. seasonal charts are guides, not be all and end alls. i do have the bradley on nov1st.
and as traderama has pointed out there is an astro event today in gold we have taken out the last low in gold and in the range of the 1735 support zone. next up 1716. i have tria's count as a possibility, but my preferred count is we finished wave 3 and then the A down to 1738 and we are in 4C here. i am waiting for the market to create divergences. until that happens i sit and wait. of course there are lower support #s . the commercials were very short and the market spent a good deal of time spinning its wheels @the highs. the euro is acting supportive of gold here. i do agree w/you stu we are in the harvest season now , and the reality is going to confront the grains.
when that urge to chase comes, remember there are always corrections. even in the parabolic there will be corrections=short in time and sharp in price. never ever chase.
i keep my screens on %basis, nothing i like getting clobbered
dharma

#276 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

dharma/tria:

I have different counts for Gold vs Miners here (maybe why the differences in counts from your posts above):

• The Miners led on the upside and are in a Wave 2 corrective after completing 5 Waves up for the initial Wave 1 impulse from the lows (tria's comments)
  • Gold is in a Wave 4 corrective with Wave 5 left to complete it's initial Wave 1 impulse from the lows (dharma's comments)

stubaby B)

PS And that's how I can agree with you both! :D

#277 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

dharma/tria:

I have different counts for Gold vs Miners here (maybe why the differences in counts from your posts above):

• The Miners led on the upside and are in a Wave 2 corrective after completing 5 Waves up for the initial Wave 1 impulse from the lows (tria's comments)
  • Gold is in a Wave 4 corrective with Wave 5 left to complete it's initial Wave 1 impulse from the lows (dharma's comments)

stubaby B)

interesting possibility. i have the 5 as my alternate. we shall see. awhile back russ had highs in january, and so did i. then a larger correction shows up on my work. into the march period.
dharma

#278 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

dharma/tria:

stubaby B)

My EW counting was on Gold. The expiring mfi-T's were on Mininig indices and on many PM shares.
I agree that Miners are on a different count. All I am saying is that the 4th wave in Gold looks like an a-b-c to me and we are now in the 'c'. A double a-b-c is always a possibility but cycle analysis suggests that your chart looks good time wise and let us hope price wise too.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOL...48708082324.png

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#279 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

dharma/tria:

stubaby B)

My EW counting was on Gold. The expiring mfi-T's were on Mininig indices and on many PM shares.
I agree that Miners are on a different count. All I am saying is that the 4th wave in Gold looks like an a-b-c to me and we are now in the 'c'. A double a-b-c is always a possibility but cycle analysis suggests that your chart looks good time wise and let us hope price wise too.

-tria

To be more clear, when I said above 5 waves were completed I should have added 5 small waves of the larger degree 3rd wave were completed with a 5th coming soon.

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#280 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

dharma/tria:

stubaby B)

-tria

To be more clear, when I said above 5 waves were completed I should have added 5 small waves of the larger degree 3rd wave were completed with a 5th coming soon.

-tria

yes, your count is clear. why my preferred count has this as top of 3 is i see a high early jan as a high, then a larger correction. which i am assuming is wave 2, speculation of course. then glaring out to me is the most reliable cycle in the bull-ie the 21-22 month highs due in june/july. so , whatever or wherever that april low is , it is to be bought for new highs.
now all the bankster houses have been giving 2k+predictions for 13, which gets the hairs on the back of my neck to stand on end. the saving grace there is the april correction. suck folks in @the jan highs. then take em to the woodshed. then blast off as they chase.
dharma