after consolidation, comes mark up

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#51 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

Lot's of talk and concensus, it seems, that GOLD & SILVER, have made a powerful move, BUT:

• are overbought on the Daily Charts
  • up against long-term trendlines on the Weekly Charts

Some, say "wait" for a pullback - others say sell here! Seems to me we might just power higher here through the end of the month and THEN correct back for a backtest of the weekly trendlines - should see some nice short-covering if we do. Also talk of the US Dollar being oversold and due for a bounce - MAYBE?.

stubaby B)

Hey this Precious Metals Market is becoming "Fun" again - 'bout time'! Now let's get back individual stock selection based on fundamentals and TA

#52 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

Hi all,

I am looking for an up-week in Gold and Silver, especially in the second half of the week.

BTW
I would like to put things straight concerning Terry Laundry's late June low in Gold, as I have seen some inaccurate statements in this Board.
In May, I presented to the T-Theory forum the case that the cyclical picture and other observations were suggesting of THE low in May. Terry Laundry disregarded my claim and posted his own (or Parker's) 25-week cyclic picture with an unimportant late June low. Further more he theorized that the final destination for Gold after a small rebound in July, would be below $1,400 in a 2008 type of crash by the end of this year in everything, except Bonds and the USD. Needless to say, I did not buy this pessimistic Gold outcome.

Long term, T-Theory has a bullish Mega price-T expiring in 2020.
http://ttheoryforum..../01/30ygold.gif

Medium term, there is a mcd-T expiring in June 2013.
Eric Hadik, has an important low in November and a high in June 2013 as well.

Short term, a high should be seen by the end of this month/early Sept or by late Sept at the latest.

-tria

I had a good site which I can't find now that showed a 21 month hi in June 2013 also..it said that gold seems to peak about every 21 months....so your June 2013 coincides with that...this is a period like Dharma has said..to be building a core..based on what I see, if that low in Dec is the low..then the 4.25 yr cycle is in..if it isn't..we might have the maximum till March for that to happen..but seriously, if one believes gold is in a long term bull as I do, then this cyclical bear is either over or soon to be over..and you want to look at the long term approach because these little gyrations now is nothing even $200 below this price compared to where we will be in a couple of years...imo...swing is good too..but a core now is more realistic than ever..including miners..yes, there will be corrections..but put the fundamentals into it now...the inevitable long term bull is here and is snorting a lot..LOL!..I'm getting more and more signs of demand over supply strength..in miners

Here is a small exerpt from Dorsey's latest...A new buy signal to favor GDX (versus GLD) would occur with an RS reading of 30.6363 and the current reading is 29.5876, little more than one "box" from triggering such a change. As we watch upside breakouts in Gold Bullion products, we also watch closely for an indication that the next trend within Precious Metals is one that favors those mining the metals, instead of the metals themselves

Thanks for your update Tria,
TM

#53 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

Trademama, David Nichols at 321gold or Kitco has written about 21 months cycle (peak to peak). Jabat

#54 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

Trademama,

David Nichols at 321gold or Kitco has written about 21 months cycle (peak to peak).

Jabat

maybe that's where I saw it..it was a like 2-3 weeks ago.
Thanks
TM

#55 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

i have been writing about the 21-22 month cycle in gold for years. yes it is projected to top in june/july
gold in rupees: http://www.graceland...2aug27goldi.png gold has broken out in terms of rupees. is this forecasting gold/dollars
it seems no one was buying @the december or may lows. now everyone is forecasting! gold, silver, and the mining indexes are all over bought on a daily chart. we are in resistance @the top of the triangle. so.,@ the least a consolidation is in order. of course it is always a possibility the double bottom in gold will be taken out. not high odds, but a possibility. after rising about 150 from the may lows, its not a great buy here, but it seems the gold community is bent on punishment. sure in bull markets , even poor buys make money over time, but risk/reward ratio is always something to consider. sooner or later the bull will resume its course.
will you be on board!
dharma

#56 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

Trademama,

David Nichols at 321gold or Kitco has written about 21 months cycle (peak to peak).

Jabat

maybe that's where I saw it..it was a like 2-3 weeks ago.
Thanks
TM

this was the part of the article I was referring to and it was written by David Nichols:

http://seekingalpha....13?source=yahoo

Now, for the second leg of the triangulation, let's look at a projection by David Nichols on the price of gold. It is debated on just how they relate, but the debt mountain and gold are closely linked. Nichols is a leading researcher into the fractal analysis of markets. Gold, he says, is one of the most fractal things around and is easily forecast. In his article last February here at SA, "The Next 17 Months For Gold", he noted one of the patterns in gold is a repeat of major peaks 21 months apart. He illustrates it thusly:

TM

#57 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

peter briemelow -marketwatch
http://www.marketwat...4500-2012-08-23

dharma

#58 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

the BB's are narrowing on the 60 minute on GDX..looks like a pop is coming and it looks like it will be up..silver very strong today TM

#59 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

the BB's are narrowing on the 60 minute on GDX..looks like a pop is coming and it looks like it will be up..silver very strong today
TM

er, I mean down..LOL!..

#60 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

we have our full moon Aug 31..typically metals have a tendency to fall into it..this full moon is the blue moon..once every 3 yrs
http://news.yahoo.co...-113232642.html
TM