after consolidation, comes mark up

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#31 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

no matter what folks keep it simple . keep those turbans on the shelf. jimmy said awhile ago that marty is (paraphrasing) not doing a service to the gold community. many took notes on martys computer musing, and are now in chase mode. w/the negative sentiment that was recorded and stated here this can run for a long ways. the fed is , was, and will be a clandestine organization. those who are in the deflation camp , will be all wet . i run gann angles off of significant highs and lows. turning to silver since the 11 april and mays highs those angles have repelled the market . w/only one close above them , which was reversed the very next trading day. today, if we close even or up will be the 2nd close above those angles. there are lots of indications that this may be a leg kickoff. on the big triangle in gold, we are pushing the top of the triangle. the mining indexes have made w patterns, indicating a bottom. in addition mars in scorpio till oct 9th is bullish for the metals. dont 2nd guess follow and ride the trend. there are no superheros in this biz, do your own work . satisfy yourself that you know the direction of the trend. keep it simple . dont buy overbought conditions. and above all else , stay away from leverage and margin. the only one i am quite sure of is jim sinclair. he was there last time. dharma ps this move so far has alot of skepticism. that is a good thing for the bullish camp!

Edited by dharma, 23 August 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#32 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

From previous post (July 28, 2012):

One of my favorites for the long-term - took an initial "starter" position May 1st at 9.60 (early) - looking to "add" another block here this upcoming week - and the final position upon a breakout of the cup-n-handle (weekly chart). Great way to gain the leverage of the miners to gold with less risk, IMHO. Management seems to have done a nice job so far and with the depressed price level today of some quality opportunities their funding mechanisms for a royaly stream could continue to privide low-cost access to produced gold.

http://stockcharts.c...89215&r=858.png

http://stockcharts.c...89238&r=903.PNG

http://stockcharts.c...89500&r=554.png

UPDATE:

Now listed on NYSE: Listing Announcement

Announced "Bought Deal Financing" of $130 million at $10 per share: News Release

Depressing price today - I did buy the 2nd block ($9.44) and was tempted the last several days to "buy" the final position on the breakout of the "cup-n-handle', but since the breakout was on the euphoria of the NYSE listing, I decided to wait. NOW will wait until after the offering is issued and watch price reaction.

Please do your own DD! However, looks like a good time to take an initial position (from a chart perspective ONLY - if you don't own yet) Rambus Chartology

Sandstone Gold Website

stubaby

#33 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

just noting here..if silver can close above its 10ema by the end of the month...(monthly chart)...that would be significant...I can't post the monthly here but if you have stockcharts you can see it...that has been a good tracker for silver. Between Aug 24-Sept 19 ..we have a lot of astro clusters ..it's gonna be volatile..typically you do have reversals in the broads....it's important to watch how we are going into this period...the closer you get to the center of that cluster..the higher possibility you have a top or bottom..in this case, if we are headed up into it that could mean a top in the broads...what I like to watch is how the metals will hold up or fold up during a period like that..but being we are in a favorable period for metals..most likely it will hold up when that top comes in...lately metals are showing strength against the broads..but profit taking is expected.. we still have this Fiscal Cliff to deal with..and if the politicians don't make a decision soon, corporations from what I understand need to give 2 months notice to lay off people..that's around October..so they need to get their scheitze together..Expect the unexpected as Uranus is involved! Will money flow into metals if that happens?..are we on the verge of war?..there was a time money flowed into gold during crisis like this...but still we need to get over 1700 to give us better odds fwiw TM

#34 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

just noting here..if silver can close above its 10ema by the end of the month...(monthly chart)...that would be significant...I can't post the monthly here but if you have stockcharts you can see it...that has been a good tracker for silver.

Between Aug 24-Sept 19 ..we have a lot of astro clusters ..it's gonna be volatile..typically you do have reversals in the broads....it's important to watch how we are going into this period...the closer you get to the center of that cluster..the higher possibility you have a top or bottom..in this case, if we are headed up into it that could mean a top in the broads...what I like to watch is how the metals will hold up or fold up during a period like that..but being we are in a favorable period for metals..most likely it will hold up when that top comes in...lately metals are showing strength against the broads..but profit taking is expected..

we still have this Fiscal Cliff to deal with..and if the politicians don't make a decision soon, corporations from what I understand need to give 2 months notice to lay off people..that's around October..so they need to get their scheitze together..Expect the unexpected as Uranus is involved!

Will money flow into metals if that happens?..are we on the verge of war?..there was a time money flowed into gold during crisis like this...but still we need to get over 1700 to give us better odds fwiw

TM

TM:

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SILVER&p=M&yr=12&mn=11&dy=28&i=p95247962958&a=275435562&r=1345739996358.png

From what I heard a while back - the 60-day notices are being "waived" (political move due to the November election I suppose).

stubaby

#35 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

thanks for the chart, Stubably. really? 60 day notices being waived?..where did you hear that?...this week I even heard them reiterrate that on cnbc..meaning giving the notices out..yea for sure that would be a political move.. TM

#36 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

this is the only thing I found dated Aug 1st

http://www.huffingto..._n_1730258.html

I would think I would see some talk on cnbc..then again I do mute that station..LOL! but I would have seen the headline and more talk on it..but if it is..it is
TM

#37 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

thanks for the chart, Stubably.

really? 60 day notices being waived?..where did you hear that?...this week I even heard them reiterrate that on cnbc..meaning giving the notices out..yea for sure that would be a political move..
TM

Link

#38 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

http://wdr.doleta.go...L_3a_12_acc.pdf
here's the letter ..it came out July 30th..main media is saying nothing about it..interesting
TM

#39 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

hourly divergences starting to bite! i dont look for any major corrections just yet dharma

#40 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

Stochastics diverging on the hourly, bear channel could break down eventually and also considering that gld is up to the top of the major wedge, bigger picture chart as you have noted is right on the knife edge... Posted Image

hourly divergences starting to bite! i dont look for any major corrections just yet
dharma

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/