Health Care is a Right...so is Lawn Care & Baby Sitting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#11 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

For a moment, lets forget the immorality of forcing one human to become servant to another.

One of the most difficult problems with health care is the desire for pre-existing condition "insurance" coverage.
It is charged with emotion as we hear so many tragic stories.

But could a little logic be introduced into the equation?
Think about this as an example:

Are you willing to provide fire insurance for someone who's house is already on fire?
If you did, how long would it be before you went broke and could provide insurance to NO ONE?
This idea is either misguided stupidity, or an intentional effort to stop all but government provided health care. I suspect the latter.
LOGIC dictates that an insurance provider, forced to cover pre-existing conditions will either go broke quickly OR be required to increase premiums exponentially.
And if the only surviving health provider is the government, it will quickly go broke.

OOPS! I forgot: The government is ALREADY BROKE!

Thus the government's solution may become "Don't have the surgery, take a pain killer"

Logically, the terms insurance and pre-existing condition do not go together.

We can't buy flood insurance from the government for our homes the day our house gets flooded.
There is a 30 day waiting period! WHY?
"It's an industry principle that people spread the risk on assumptions of risk, and not wait until the event happens and then buy the insurance."

Even earthquake insurance can't be purchased within weeks of an earthquake.
Earthquake insurance waiting period enforced WHY?
"It's an industry principle that people spread the risk on assumptions of risk, and not wait until the event happens and then buy the insurance."

We can't wait to buy fire insurance until there is a fire.
We can't buy car insurance after an accident.
Insuring Americans with pre-existing conditions is key in health care debate

Edited by Rogerdodger, 02 September 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#12 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

If a person does not like the current health insurance system, you need to consider how it evolved:

GOVERNMENT WAGE CONTROLS!

"Employer-sponsored health insurance truly began during World War II. During the war, wages were capped by the federal government, so employers needed another means to entice and keep employees. The incentive they decided on were benefits like health insurance."

Likewise, the current housing-financial fiasco was made possible by government programs via Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSE) and the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
Add to that mix, the cronyism found in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (with political appointees skimming millions of dollars) and you get a fore gleam of what the government will further do to health care itself, not just health insurance.
See: How government CAUSED the problem

But for far too many, Government has become The Almighty, All Knowing Savior with it's own belief system, including Tithes in the form of Holy Taxes, Indulgences in the form of Carbon Credits, Charities in the form of entitlements, and of course Blind Faith.

Can I get an AMEN Up In Here?

Edited by Rogerdodger, 03 September 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#13 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

For a moment, lets forget the immorality of forcing one human to become servant to another.

One of the most difficult problems with health care is the desire for pre-existing condition "insurance" coverage.
It is charged with emotion as we hear so many tragic stories.

But could a little logic be introduced into the equation?
Think about this as an example:

Are you willing to provide fire insurance for someone who's house is already on fire?
If you did, how long would it be before you went broke and could provide insurance to NO ONE?
This idea is either misguided stupidity, or an intentional effort to stop all but government provided health care. I suspect the latter.
LOGIC dictates that an insurance provider, forced to cover pre-existing conditions will either go broke quickly OR be required to increase premiums exponentially.
And if the only surviving health provider is the government, it will quickly go broke.

OOPS! I forgot: The government is ALREADY BROKE!

Thus the government's solution may become "Don't have the surgery, take a pain killer"

Logically, the terms insurance and pre-existing condition do not go together.

We can't buy flood insurance from the government for our homes the day our house gets flooded.
There is a 30 day waiting period! WHY?

Even earthquake insurance can't be purchased within weeks of an earthquake.
Earthquake insurance waiting period enforced WHY?

We can't wait to buy fire insurance until there is a fire.
We can't buy car insurance after an accident.
Insuring Americans with pre-existing conditions is key in health care debate

In the past year, I have grown filthy rich by taking money through the bond markets from people who believe the US govt can go broke.

All I can do is say thanks.... and please, please keep that ignorance comin!" :banana:
John Galt shrugged, outsourced to Red China and opened a hedge fund for unregulated securitized credit derivatives.

If the world didn't suck, wouldn't we all just fly off?

#14 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

Another government induced bubble hurting elderly savers. I guess the government will never go broke, just the citizens.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 03 September 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#15 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

In the past year, I have grown filthy rich by taking money through the bond markets from people who believe the US govt can go broke.
All I can do is say thanks.... and please, please keep that ignorance comin!" :banana:

ON THE OTHER HAND, why not give everybody free everything?
Why should anyone work?
Like Nancy said: "Unemployment checks boost the economy."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 03 September 2012 - 11:19 PM.

#16 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

The religion grows:

But for far too many, Government has become The Almighty, All Knowing Savior with it's own belief system, including Tithes in the form of Holy Taxes, Indulgences in the form of Carbon Credits, Charities in the form of entitlements, and of course Blind Faith.
Can I get an AMEN Up In Here?

I forgot to mention the Government Saints, Prophets and Evangelists. (You know who they are.)

Worship of The Almighty Government grows:
'The Government Is The Only Thing We All Belong To'...

Pass the offering plate and get those tithe envelopes full!
DEBT TOPS $16T...
$136,249 Per Household...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 04 September 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#17 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

Since we all seem to agree that a little slavery is a good thing, I can't figure out why child labor isn't acceptable.
We all belong to the government anyway...or so I've been told.
And we all love cheap electronics.
They used to pick our cotton.

SAMSUNG in hot seat over abusing Chinese workers...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 05 September 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#18 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

Serious question:

If the main purpose of government mandated health insurance was coverage for everybody, why not just mandate it as they do for auto insurance?
Why thousands of pages of legalese that you had to "pass to see what's in it?"

Here's the real reason the government had to take over health care, and what they don't want you to know:

BILLION$ FOR UNION$
TSA was only a $30,000,000 gift to union bosses.
Healthcare will provide billions to unions!

Shadow Bosses reveals the planned unionization of healthcare workers.
"The greatest scam perpetrated upon the American people."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 05 September 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#19 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

is it OK if I close this now? :) M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter