• Please log in to reply
382 replies to this topic

#61 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

dharma

"i had the short cycle highs on the 1st of oct. the actual highs came on the 4th . so , basing it on the projected highs, today is day 34, maybe time for a trend change."

Looks to me like you nailed it! Gold spot price What a call!!! :guru: :clap: :cheer: Thanks for all your contributions through the years. Know you are very much appreciated.
Peace
johngeorge

#62 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

dharma

"i had the short cycle highs on the 1st of oct. the actual highs came on the 4th . so , basing it on the projected highs, today is day 34, maybe time for a trend change."

Looks to me like you nailed it! Gold spot price What a call!!! :guru: :clap: :cheer: Thanks for all your contributions through the years. Know you are very much appreciated.

thanks jg!
i tells em like i sees em

dharma

#63 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

dharma wrote:

beta- it is human nature. no one wants whatever it is @the bottom, @the top , they all want it. even stodgy realestate had a parabolic w/prices going up 30-40% per year.
i wish i could tell you how long and how high this will go. today is a day of manure, so it may seem appropriate. but i cant and wont. i wait here. hoping that i can just sit in my seat. and not shoot myself in the foot. the broads have not been rising because of superb biz conditions. they are rising on the mass injections of liquidity. its a world wide phenomenon. i am a broken record . patience. either candidate has no choice but to qe.
dharma

yes, QE is the dopamine of the global economy. ZH has a great chart on how new rounds of injections are losing their effectiveness.

today is one of the darkest US elections I can ever recall. people voting out of anger, frustration and disappointment:
http://www.zerohedge...destroy-america

where is the love, hope & change? :rolleyes:

Edited by beta, 06 November 2012 - 05:13 PM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#64 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

beta -the reality is a bitter pill . then we are faced w/the reality of the removal of the bush tax cuts. more taxes on the investor class. the broads are vulnerable here imo. lets see what year end brings!

gold tagged 1730 this am, in an apparent 5wave advance from fridays lows. the 14,7,7 has turned up from oversold and has a positive cross.
now, some correction in gold and uncertainty. 1730ish resistance tagged and correcting. not an area in here to play in size. waiting.
now i am not recommending this stock. explorers are strapped for cash and the market has not treated them favorably.financing in this climate is difficult, to say the least. on a monthly chart, the stock is building a big base. break out of that base and you have something, until then its a waiting game. will it break out?!!!1??? that question is answered when it happens
http://finance.yahoo...-140000670.html
oh yeah they have the goods, waiting
dharma

#65 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

beta -the reality is a bitter pill . then we are faced w/the reality of the removal of the bush tax cuts. more taxes on the investor class. the broads are vulnerable here imo. lets see what year end brings!

gold tagged 1730 this am, in an apparent 5wave advance from fridays lows. the 14,7,7 has turned up from oversold and has a positive cross.
now, some correction in gold and uncertainty. 1730ish resistance tagged and correcting. not an area in here to play in size. waiting.
now i am not recommending this stock. explorers are strapped for cash and the market has not treated them favorably.financing in this climate is difficult, to say the least. on a monthly chart, the stock is building a big base. break out of that base and you have something, until then its a waiting game. will it break out?!!!1??? that question is answered when it happens
http://finance.yahoo...-140000670.html
oh yeah they have the goods, waiting
dharma

dharma:

I have HUI and GOLD now "synced-up" in Wave 4's - HUI completing Wave iv of c of abcXabc today and now should be free to move towards 458 (50% FIB) and just below the "magic" 460 level for stop-losses - could extend towards 441 (61.8% FIB) to really clean-out the weak hands. I am a buying here and as we move into this lower range! :D

GOLD may diverge and NOT make a lower low, but down as low as 1,646 (61.8% FIB of Wave 3 move) is acceptable - below Wave 1 high of 1,635 would indicate a more complex count and be somewhat problematic. :lol:

stubaby B)

Note: I have the S&P looking for 1,370-1,380 for a possible bottom and rally towards the highs

#66 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

stubaby, of course it could happen like that. but its not the way i am looking. the mining indexes are still in powerful patterns . which can support higher prices. the metals and miners appeared to have bottomed on friday. i detected jettisoning of the complex on friday. below 1700 cleaned out the weak hands. from friday, to the highs today @1730 sure look like a 5. my concern is the broads. folks could dump stocks before year end. dharma

#67 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

stubaby, of course it could happen like that. but its not the way i am looking. the mining indexes are still in powerful patterns . which can support higher prices. the metals and miners appeared to have bottomed on friday. i detected jettisoning of the complex on friday. below 1700 cleaned out the weak hands. from friday, to the highs today @1730 sure look like a 5. my concern is the broads. folks could dump stocks before year end.
dharma

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI:GLD&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=p16447366606&a=282543850&r=483.png

I agree - my note indicates the "next stop" for the broads, which may create the weakness in the miners - not today though!

stubaby B)

#68 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

that is a tough tough call my experience is the broads go down, that sucking sounds brings everything w/it now the losses could bring a fed reaction w/big amounts of liquidity, which bolsters gold/miners not a great bet , but a remote possibility dharma

#69 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

some time back , i pointed to aapl and said this is a great study in parabolics in present time. well aapl had blue skies for a period which have recently turned into thunderheads. the stock is off 20% from the highs. the top may be in , but in weimar stocks went up until the inflation became so bad. making a guess, i think the stock has one more rally left in it this may be the clincher there:http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324073504578104843240282224.html dharma time for decoupling . miners from the broads?happens from time to time??????

#70 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

"time for decoupling . miners from the broads?happens from time to time??????" dharma I am beginning to think so. The miners and gold up today with the broads down and dollar up. As you have pointed out India buying now and we are into the favorable season. Howsoever..........as you are well aware a day does not a trend make. I am reserving judgment until I see more of that action in the near future. If I do I will be adding to my core positions and recent starter position of NUGT.
Peace
johngeorge