• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Fed is f-[beeep]-ing printing like the world is about to end... Good news=UP, bad news=sideways.

#22 einscodek

einscodek

• Traders-Talk User
  • 382 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

1480 and a small 1-2 pt pop and its time to correct or consolidate once again next week flat to down

Edited by einscodek, 17 January 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#23 chem

chem

• Traders-Talk User
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

If we are correcting on the fly, TRIN goes to 1.8?

Just another piece of technical data that escapes you as to its application.

There is distribution in every bit of advance... Amazing...

Distribution only comes if the A/D line is diverging...it's not.

Topping process can take weeks and will fool many...

Any topping process can longer than what you believe to be that same expectation...that's why their formations tend to be rounding.

You can keep fighting the trend if you wish, but how much money are you willing to lose in the process?

Fib

Fib - The market has, in my work, changed since the 2011 low with two failures of the summation to achieve generated price targets as such the overall bullish case of the NH generated in the cumulative NYAD becomes suspect. Summation needs another 3 step advance (would be third since '11 low) and help from 'third time is a charm'. Strong resistance 1494 as final bull target, since the last two internal summation targets failed (by my work) I doubt the final bull target is achieved.

NYSIT

#24 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

We know this.. when market is going up Fib is bullish. When market is topping Fib is hyperactive , when market declines Fib is nowhere to be seen

Then I'm going to change this up...see you in April.

Fib

DamnDamnDamn --

I see the trolls have run Fib off again just as the NYMO appears to be turning up again and broad indexes, like the SPX and RUT, are breaking to new highs as he's been suggesting all along, and even the Naz Comp is trying to come up out of its bull flag (despite the AAPL contagion), and just at the moment I'm wanting a real expert's opinion (trolls, by that I mean Fib's) on whether or not that's a true inverse head-and-shoulders in the SPX measuring to north of 1600 or not.

There is difference between a bearish opinion and a foolish opinion but obviously there are fools here who do not have the slightest idea there is such a the difference.

:angry:

Edited by diogenes227, 17 January 2013 - 12:09 PM.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#25 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

DamnDamnDamn --

I see the trolls have run Fib off again just as the NYMO appears to be turning up again and broad indexes, like the SPX and RUT, are breaking to new highs as he's been suggesting all along, and even the Naz Comp is trying to come up out of its bull flag (despite the AAPL contagion), and just at the moment I'm wanting a real expert's opinion (trolls, by that I mean Fib's) on whether or not that's a true inverse head-and-shoulders in the SPX measuring to north of 1600 or not.

There is difference between a bearish opinion and a foolish opinion but obviously there are fools here who do not have the slightest idea there is such a the difference.

Keep down the abuse, diogenes. Don't get frustrated.

Everyone who contradicted Fib on this thread have posted real time trades (entry and exit both) except you and Fib. That is alright if you cannot post entry and exit but don't abuse us because it is not working for you. Please diogenes.

Please keep your frustrations to yourself. ;)
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#26 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Market is advancing with narrower breadth, it is a fact, despite the crappy leadership, it is a fact. I think Fed will continue to print as long as oil advances slowly. So, the price continues to be the king for now.

#27 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

"Please keep your frustrations to yourself. " If breadth is being read properly, there is no reason to be frustrated here. Shorting against the current is what it is.

#28 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

We know this.. when market is going up Fib is bullish. When market is topping Fib is hyperactive , when market declines Fib is nowhere to be seen

Then I'm going to change this up...see you in April.

Fib

DamnDamnDamn --

I don't think anyone can run Fib off. Overall, some post might be troll-like but sometimes it is just a little friendly ribbing.

And I think Fib will be posting again well before April.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#29 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

[
I see the trolls have run Fib off again just as the NYMO appears to be turning up again and broad indexes, like the SPX and RUT, are breaking to new highs as he's been suggesting all along, and even the Naz Comp is trying to come up out of its bull flag

if indeed you trust his escape velocity thesis, there is no reason to be so miffed..you are welcome to join the party as the implication is bery bery bullish. On the other hand......

#30 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

The problem is the central banks, we had one of the largest economic misses today and the injections absorbed it. Don't fight the fed? Edit: I am staying delta neutral... Expecting either 1490 or sub-1450 by the end of the month.

Edited by arbman, 17 January 2013 - 01:12 PM.