1.7 TRIN, 1.3 Russell TRIN

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Some interesting readings from the "smart money PCR"... SharpChartv05__2_.png smpcr.png SharpChartv05__1_.png
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#32 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

:lol: Yes D, OEX guys did go nuts, but market is on steroids for now. So what did Fed say? Printing until employment improves. That's like saying we will print forever! :huh:

Edited by arbman, 17 January 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#33 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

... we had one of the largest economic misses today and the injections absorbed it. ...

Philly Fed? It's pretty noisy and now about the most negative of all the regionals.
Also, purely sentiment-based. Could just be a lot of gun owners. ;)
John Galt shrugged, outsourced to Red China and opened a hedge fund for unregulated securitized credit derivatives.

If the world didn't suck, wouldn't we all just fly off?

#34 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

:lol: Yes D, OEX guys did go nuts, but market is on steroids for now.

So what did Fed say? Printing until employment improves. That's like saying we will print forever! :huh:

If you think Ben or other CBers are crazy for inflation, you haven't seen noth'n yet.

Welcome to "price controls" Japan 2013 :swoon: -

New Govt Office To Advise Small Firms On Consumption Tax

January 16 (Nikkei) — The government plans to set up a new office to provide advice to small businesses that wish to transfer consumption tax increases to the prices of their products and services, prior to the introduction of the 8% tax rate in April 2014, The Nikkei has learned.

Subcontractors are becoming concerned that they may be pressured into not passing tax increases over to their product and service prices, as many of them do not have the advantage in price negotiations.

The new office will address such concerns by helping firms to avoid taking on excessive costs. It will accept inquiries and complaints from throughout Japan by telephone and e-mail.

The Japan Fair Trade Commission will work closely with relevant ministries to inspect companies that are suspected of having rejected requests for price increases from their suppliers. The government also plans to come up with new legislation to impose strict controls on such companies.

There, but for the grace of ....

Edited by salsabob, 17 January 2013 - 01:41 PM.

John Galt shrugged, outsourced to Red China and opened a hedge fund for unregulated securitized credit derivatives.

If the world didn't suck, wouldn't we all just fly off?

#35 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Topping process can take weeks and will fool many...

I see no serious correction for several weeks ahead. JMHO.
The inauguration and SOTU speeches will comfort nervous investors...at least for a while. :rolleyes:

I guess that places me in Fib's camp.

Edited by pdx5, 17 January 2013 - 01:54 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#36 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

So what did Fed say? Printing until employment improves. That's like saying we will print forever! :huh:

If printing was the answer why has Japan's stock market not recovered after decades of trying?

Jobs can improve best when the private business end is stimulated. Printing money (stimulation from top end) won't do it as has been proved in other countries. Enema works best when administered from the correct end.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#37 Bernie

Bernie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 423 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

We know this.. when market is going up Fib is bullish. When market is topping Fib is hyperactive , when market declines Fib is nowhere to be seen

Then I'm going to change this up...see you in April.

Fib

DamnDamnDamn --

I see the trolls have run Fib off again just as the NYMO appears to be turning up again and broad indexes, like the SPX and RUT, are breaking to new highs as he's been suggesting all along, and even the Naz Comp is trying to come up out of its bull flag (despite the AAPL contagion), and just at the moment I'm wanting a real expert's opinion (trolls, by that I mean Fib's) on whether or not that's a true inverse head-and-shoulders in the SPX measuring to north of 1600 or not.

There is difference between a bearish opinion and a foolish opinion but obviously there are fools here who do not have the slightest idea there is such a the difference.

:angry:

Don't forget $mid,$vle,

#38 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

If printing was the answer why has Japan's stock market not recovered after decades of trying?

Jobs can improve best when the private business end is stimulated. Printing money (stimulation from top end) won't do it as has been proved in other countries. Enema works best when administered from the correct end.

Yes, tell this to Bernanke.

#39 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Yes, tell this to Bernanke.

arb, I do believe Bernanke and associates make money on both sides. This market sees a 10 - 20% correction and same % of spike every year. If Fed actions are known to anyone, they can profit atleast 40% or more. And I don't see a reason how Bernanke can be opaque. Which means their actions are shared with high profile banks and companies like PIMCO. Yes, it is illegal but what they are doing is illegal. And nobody can stop it.
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#40 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

We know this.. when market is going up Fib is bullish. When market is topping Fib is hyperactive , when market declines Fib is nowhere to be seen

Then I'm going to change this up...see you in April.

Fib

Why April ? And who am I going to argue with ? ;) I like spirited discussions ! No need to overreact :)

Edited by ogm, 17 January 2013 - 04:49 PM.