"Free" Healthcare is a killer

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#71 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

Looks like you must use IE and not Chrome on the healthcare.gov site.
So, about 2 hours later I got an account established.
But when I hit the NEXT button...I got this message:
Posted Image
Now I must log in again and WAIT!...AGAIN.

#72 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Ok. When I finally got to the Log In page, I was denied.
I have heard that this has been a constant glitch even for PROVIDERS!
Posted Image

#73 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

They have had 3 years to get this right.
And this is just the application for the application page.

Officials tight-lipped about Obamacare problems...
Months of 'glitches'...
VIDEO: MSNBC Anchor Tries, Fails...
CNN Reporter Can't Sign Up...
WHAT A MESS!

“The website went on the blink twice and I just had to abandon it,” unemployed diabetic Shanti Masterson told CBS 2′s Amy Dardashtian.
“After creating an account I logged onto the homepage. I’m clicking ‘get started,’ error page. Let’s try this again. Homepage, get started, error page again.”

Even employees at a help center on Southern Boulevard couldn’t get past the homepage.

“It’s too confusing. It’s not user friendly,” one employee said. “It’s confusing for us as well, so I can imagine what its like for customers.”

Edited by Rogerdodger, 01 October 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#74 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

Ok. I just waited over 1/2 hour just to get back to the login page and again I get denied.
3 hours invested so far tonight, for nothing.

Meanwhile:
100 Unintended Consequences of Obamacare
US employers slashing worker hours to avoid Obamacare insurance mandate

ATLANTA —
In an ironic twist, Grady Memorial Hospital faces a $45 million funding loss directly related to a new health care law designed to benefit the hospital.

Home Depot will end medical benefits for 20,000 as Obamacare looms

CLEVELAND --
The Cleveland Clinic announced this week they are laying off many employees. And they're cutting $300 million because of the health care law.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 01 October 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#75 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

They have had 3 years to get this right.
And this is just the application for the application page.

Roger --

The FEDERAL government can't run a lemon aid stand -- like you said -- they had three years!

I'm glad you had the patience, I thought of doing it, but ----- I found it interesting. Thanks!

In any case, the computer glitches will go away -- in a few months -- deadline is Dec. 15th

That's when the people will find out the REAL problems.

When they find out the out about the $5000-$6000 deductible and the 30% (I thought it was only 20%) co-pays including hospital costs AFTER they have to pay the deductible; what will they think then (also) when most of the hospitals will be closed to them)?

Will they find it acceptable (when "insured") that they can't find a Doctor who will take the ACA plan, or they have to wait MONTHS -- then to find out the deductible will have to be satisfied (i.e. PAID) before anyone gets anything -- IOW to be actually "covered".

Will they then give up on hope and change?

Right now, the right is getting the blame over the left (though, by only 3 points) -- BUT -- when the reality: "insurance does NOT mean care" hits...........

Edited by *JB*, 01 October 2013 - 09:50 PM.

"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#76 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

Yep. <_<

I'm not alone.
Even the insurers can't access the government site:

Oklahoma insurers working through ACA bugs

While federal officials continued public assurances that online enrollment in the Affordable Care Act would open as planned Tuesday, the president of one insurer said the company has been unable to test the site for days.
CommunityCare President and CEO Richard Todd said the company has tried to test the online exchange where consumers are supposed to begin enrolling in coverage Tuesday but has experienced technical issues for the past week.
"Basically all CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) systems are down, so there is no testing that is taking place," Todd told the Tulsa World late Monday.
"We have gotten very limited testing done. We have not been able to see all of our plans in terms of what someone will see if they go on the website, and the subsidy calculator, which is a big part of the health-care law, ... we understand is not available."

I understand the former ACORN thugs are in charge:
A corrupt union ringleader who orchestrated massive campaigns involving identity fraud in furtherance of voter fraud and who covered up a million-dollar embezzlement involving pension funds will soon have unfettered access to confidential information on thousands of people seeking health insurance.
The union thug is disgraced ACORN founder Wade Rathke whose shady union will soon be helping people enroll in Obamacare exchanges.
Rathke’s labor vehicle, United Labor Unions (ULU) Local 100 in New Orleans, announced on its Facebook page Sept. 15 that it was gearing up “to do mass enrollment and help navigate people into the marketplaces in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas under the Affordable Care Act!”

Edited by Rogerdodger, 01 October 2013 - 11:00 PM.

#77 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

In any case, the computer glitches will go away -- in a few months -- deadline is Dec. 15th

That's when the people will find out the REAL problems.

When they find out the out about the $5000-$6000 deductible and the 30% (I thought it was only 20%) co-pays including hospital costs AFTER they have to pay the deductible; what will they think then (also) when most of the hospitals will be closed to them)?

Will they find it acceptable (when "insured") that they can't find a Doctor who will take the ACA plan, or they have to wait MONTHS -- then to find out the deductible will have to be satisfied (i.e. PAID) before anyone gets anything -- IOW to be actually "covered".

Will they then give up on hope and change?

Right now, the right is getting the blame over the left (though, by only 3 points) -- BUT -- when the reality: "insurance does NOT mean care" hits...........

Gallup just released a poll -- 5200 people surveyed.

In part, it showed 69% of young adults under 29 -- the bracket that's the backbone of support for the Prez and getting "free health care for the ininsured" did NOT know THEY would have to buy insurance or be fined!

When informed of this during the poll process -- 25% said they would NOT get insurance NOR pay the fine.

The shocks from this have JUST begun.
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#78 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

When informed of this during the poll process -- 25% said they would NOT get insurance NOR pay the fine.

As the crooked used car salesman said: "You have to sign the contract to see what's in it."
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 02 October 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#79 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Roger, I don't think you should be going to that site under any circumstances. <<<<< A man who attempted to sign up for Obamacare online was told that a fine of over $4,000 dollars a year for refusing to take out mandatory health insurance could be taken directly from his bank account, and that his drivers license would be suspended and a federal tax lien placed against his home, according to an entry on the HealthCare.gov Facebook page. If true, the implementation of Obamacare is going to be a whole lot more draconian than Americans have been led to believe. Will Sheehan claims that when he tried to sign up for Obamacare and then register to opt out, he received an ominous warning. Sheehan’s full Facebook post reads; “I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 “Silver Plan” and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I “opt-out” and chose to continue along with no insurance. I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the “REPERCUSSIONS PORTION” for “non-payment” of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with “Non-Payment” and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy “Automatically withdraw” your “penalties” weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is “Free” or even “Affordable.” Sheehan went on to point out that the site makes you input all your personal information before giving you an indication of the costs, meaning a database of the “uninsured” is being built. He added that he could not afford to pay the premium so would have to break the law and pay the fine, leaving him with no health care coverage. The federal government has consistently denied that any fines pertaining to Obamacare non-compliance could be seized from bank accounts, despite reports last year that the IRS had hired 16,500 new agents to harass citizens who attempt to evade the new law. “There’s no criminal sanctions for not paying this, and there’s no ability to levy a bank account or do seizures,” then-IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman said in April 2010. In addition, Americans who refuse to pay for mandatory health insurance “shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution,” according to the law itself. Section 1501(g)(2) of the Affordable Care Act also states that the IRS cannot “file notice of lien with respect to any property of a taxpayer by reason of any failure to pay the penalty imposed by this section.” EIther Sheehan’s claim that he received this notice is a lie, or the feds have been dishonest with the American people all along, and the revolt against Obamacare is about to take “don’t tread on me” to a whole new level. >>>>>>>>.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#80 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Well I tried twice to login today.
Both times took 20 to 30 minutes before I got the login page.
Then after about the same amount of time, I got the notice that access was denied.

So I tried to re-apply with a new user name and password.
Another 20 minutes before I got the sign-up page.
Again I went through the process of filling out 3 or so pages of information, Usernames, passwords & security questions.
(The answers to those questions would be very valuable to a hacker.)
When I selected the SUBMIT button, I got the: "SITE UNAVAILABLE" TRY AGAIN.
When I selected "TRY AGAIN", it went back to the page which says the site is busy, please wait.

So 5 hours later, still nothing.

This is no doubt an omen of what's in store when bureaucrats our run health care.
Can you imagine what the doctors will be going through?

Here is the health care bill so far with more regulations being added daily.
Have you read it all?
Henry Waxman on 10,535 Pages of "Health Care" Regs: 'Is It Important That I Read It?'
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 02 October 2013 - 09:16 PM.