seasonal weak time of the year

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#21 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

hmmm, seems easy lemming. personally, i try to look for more clues to pick up the cycle
its what happens in markets, just when you get the cycle down, the market changes its rhythm!

today is the last day of the closed china market. tomorrow it reopens. this rally started from nowhere. if you can believe the cots, the commercials are net long. and the specs big net short. its boring , but the same guys/gals always win. my # is 1426 , above there and it could be game on. i have a couple of weeks left to the potential end of the down cycle.
does the market have one more low? or is the double bottom it????

dharma
documentary on the fed
http://www.zerohedge...deo-documentary

Edited by dharma, 12 June 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#22 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

yawn nothing new in the recent past , the fed expanding its balance sheet has equated to higher gold prices, that has not been the case lately the fed has been expanding its balance sheet bond yields have been heading up , this is significant. @ some point it will have an effect on gold the dollar has been declining here recently. watch its normal inverse relationship to gold miners holding firm while the metals are down. something is changing we are still in the seasonal weak period june/july. so this is quite normal dharma

Edited by dharma, 13 June 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#23 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

HUI bottomed right at .618 retrace today, I like the norte side from here, we see Senor

#24 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

HUI bottomed right at .618 retrace today, I like the norte side from here, we see

Senor

forgot to add looks like right shoulder of H&S bottom on daily charts

Senor

#25 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

HUI bottomed right at .618 retrace today, I like the norte side from here, we see

Senor

forgot to add looks like right shoulder of H&S bottom on daily charts

Senor

yes, in the miners it looks like the right shoulder of an inverse h&s bottom, which is still in the process of forming. gold still sporting a double bottom
hgnsi=-30%
market vanes bullish consensus =42%
these #s are still suicidal
keep in mind this is the seasonal weak time of year. its before the indian wedding season and before diwali.
the demand side of the equation is firmly seated in the far east. i dont think folks here will provide the demand.
the indian govt has raised duties on gold now, and in the distant past. and what this did back then was to create a
smuggle trade.
next week is the fed, watch what they do , forget about what they say. the fed is in hotel california. they can never leave, they can check out , but they will never leave. buy on weakness, not strength. broken record
waiting and waiting
dharma

#26 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

it looks like wti is breaking out of its tr or base dharma

#27 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

"it looks like wti is breaking out of its tr or base"
dharma

Looks promising to me. Thanks for the heads up. :)

$WTIC LINK
Peace
johngeorge

#28 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

dharma

$WTIC LINK

johngeorge:

Looks to me like $105 is "key level" here - H&S measured move to 102.8:

wtic link with triangles

stubaby B)

#29 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

what would breaking 105 target?

dharma

$WTIC LINK

johngeorge:

Looks to me like $105 is "key level" here - H&S measured move to 102.8:

wtic link with triangles

stubaby B)

#30 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

the smaller tr in wti has been taken out, of course there is a larger pattern there also. however,1st things 1st , it has to start somewhere, and this is an alert gold is now in a tr. and we are still in the seasonal weak time of year. during the period from 1981 -2k there was no reason to own gold . interest rates were in decline and the economy prospered. of course it wasnt a straight line. and it wasnt a straight line for the broads. its the nature of the beast. now interest rates are bottoming and so is gold . if there is a shot down, i buy, otherwise i wait. none of the problems that brought me here, have , @this point any resolution. the situation has gotten worse. waiting and waiting the fed is big, the market is bigger the hunts were the big boys, until the real big boys stepped into the room. dharma