• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#131 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

well seems most are convinced by picassos work that the "bottom is in"
well , the rally in gold has been less than impressive, silver hardly budged, volume in the metals has not impressive, the real buyers of gold-india has been put on the shelf. the daily oscillators have been overbought and turned down, and the vampire squid and its cohorts have been calling for 1k gold. the fed is definitely in hotel california. they can check out , but they can never leave. . they are trapped!!!! but , it is not realized yet. the only light in the sector are the despised miners. they have had good rallies and on volume.
if there are new lows in store for the metals, the miners may not cooperate on the downside. its a waiting game, and caution is the word. the usual pom pom cheerleaders in the gold community are calling for the return of bull here and now. i am very cautious in here. it seems to me 14 is the set up year. maybe something gets started by years end . in here its a battle and the deck is stacked w/the worlds largest buyer on the shelf. and money velocity still heading south. this is going to take time, this is a long cycle
dharma

dharma:

it seems to me 14 is the set up year. maybe something gets started by years end . in here its a battle and the deck is stacked w/the worlds largest buyer on the shelf. and money velocity still heading south. this is going to take time, this is a long cycle

agree 100% - not time to "be a hero"! I do believe we are still on a "swing buy" here - part of a counter trend rally (forming Wave 2's here across the board) with 3 on deck - I am still targeting 285ish on $HUI for an "ABC flat" for Wave 4- then final Wave 5 down too ___________ (fill-in-the-blank!) :D

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI&p=W&yr=2&mn=0&dy=0&i=p66551359858&a=333869317&r=1391098877044.PNG

stubaby B)

#132 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

who is picasso?

Paradise.... kiss it goodbye...

well , the rally in gold has been less than impressive, silver hardly budged, volume in the metals has not impressive, the real buyers of gold-india has been put on the shelf. the daily oscillators have been overbought and turned down, and the vampire squid and its cohorts have been calling for 1k gold. the fed is definitely in hotel california. they can check out , but they can never leave. . they are trapped!!!! but , it is not realized yet. the only light in the sector are the despised miners. they have had good rallies and on volume.
if there are new lows in store for the metals, the miners may not cooperate on the downside. its a waiting game, and caution is the word. the usual pom pom cheerleaders in the gold community are calling for the return of bull here and now. i am very cautious in here. it seems to me 14 is the set up year. maybe something gets started by years end . in here its a battle and the deck is stacked w/the worlds largest buyer on the shelf. and money velocity still heading south. this is going to take time, this is a long cycle
dharma

Edited by Russ, 30 January 2014 - 11:47 AM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#133 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Stu: that would be 2 of C of 4?

Got a ST chart of that?

dharma

dharma:

it seems to me 14 is the set up year. maybe something gets started by years end . in here its a battle and the deck is stacked w/the worlds largest buyer on the shelf. and money velocity still heading south. this is going to take time, this is a long cycle

agree 100% - not time to "be a hero"! I do believe we are still on a "swing buy" here - part of a counter trend rally (forming Wave 2's here across the board) with 3 on deck - I am still targeting 285ish on $HUI for an "ABC flat" for Wave 4- then final Wave 5 down too ___________ (fill-in-the-blank!) :D

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI&p=W&yr=2&mn=0&dy=0&i=p66551359858&a=333869317&r=1391098877044.PNG

stubaby B)

#134 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

I am seeing indications that this pullback is going to go longer and deeper than Stu's chart, I am seeing a low in GDX around March 25.

Stu: that would be 2 of C of 4?

Got a ST chart of that?

dharma

dharma:

stubaby B)

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#135 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

Look at the long down trend line on GDX, market is bouncing right off of it, does this https://www.tradingv...om/e/YOEHHoYq/# chart look bullish?

#136 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

china is on new years holiday, the bears knew this , so they used today to make their mark tomorrow is 1st day delivery notice on the comex. anyone else seeing the amount of outstanding contracts vs supply in the comex warehouse. i suspect some of todays action, was the shorts buying the near term and selling the future for this time of month there are alot of contracts outstanding./ yes, elliott wave has lots of interpretations. elliott himself died broke in queens ny. after the fact the truth about the count is revealed. i have the low potentially in march, though it could stretch out until may. anyway, today was under pressure, and in spite of that , the miners performed well. still pressuring chidamabaram to do something in the way of relaxing the gold tariffs. i suspect that gets resolved in march, election in april. they hope the populace forgets in that time period. of course if you look @charts of large jewelry stores , they were obliterated dharma

#137 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

china is on new years holiday, the bears knew this , so they used today to make their mark
tomorrow is 1st day delivery notice on the comex. anyone else seeing the amount of outstanding contracts vs supply in the comex warehouse. i suspect some of todays action, was the shorts buying the near term and selling the future
for this time of month there are alot of contracts outstanding./
yes, elliott wave has lots of interpretations. elliott himself died broke in queens ny. after the fact the truth about the count is revealed. i have the low potentially in march, though it could stretch out until may. anyway, today was under pressure, and in spite of that , the miners performed well.
still pressuring chidamabaram to do something in the way of relaxing the gold tariffs. i suspect that gets resolved in march, election in april. they hope the populace forgets in that time period. of course if you look @charts of large jewelry stores , they were obliterated
dharma

I am starting to think we could get a more classic long term bottom where silver and maybe gold make new lows and the mining indices do not, just a trader here, lightened up on modest long position into the close, an low lightly long a trading position.

Senor

#138 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:22 AM

lightened up on modest long position into the close, did you mean a modest short?

#139 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:24 AM

Look at the long down trend line on GDX, market is bouncing right off of it, does this https://www.tradingv...om/e/YOEHHoYq/# chart look bullish?

llos bullis h to me

#140 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

lightened up on modest long position into the close,

did you mean a modest short?

sorry, drove 1000 miles ending yesterday. I meant I lighten up on longs into yesterdays close and still have a light miner trading position.

Senor