bottom fishing

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#161 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

The HUI and XAU declines from their Jan 24 rally highs look clearly corrective with a correction possibly completing at yesterdays low, today's rally basis the daily charts IMO look very encouraging and potentially impulsive, very interesting setup going into a weekend. BSing away Senor

#162 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

Posted Image

#163 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

Dharma, I am thinking we are getting or have already gotten a muy importante "SKI" buy signal. Per his Jan 20th update he wanted prices to decline below the 92-96 day USERX price average then move back above them, On Jan 27 we easily closed below those" back prices" and have now easily rallied back above them and could see new USERX closing highs today for this rally from the lows today. My point here is that here is another "different" system than what I use possibly giving an intermediate term buy signal, let me know if you can confirm this. From "Ski's" last free report (http://www.321gold.c...rn/current.html): "A true bull market will require that prices rise to that 92-96 index resistance, then decline to below the 92-96 index, and then rise for a few days to generate a bull market 92-96 index buy signal." - I believe these requirements have and are occurring. Senor

Edited by senorBS, 07 February 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#164 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:46 PM

sorry senor i dont follow ski, or know much about it armstrong is changing his tune The markets are starting to align with the Cycle of War and this includes gold. This is a very serious development and it is why I stated previously that gold had reached our minimum objective. At the very least, there is room for a rally if we elect some key Bullish Reversals. Not even the oscillators are still over-bought on the monthly level. GC-M-2-3 - 2014What is critical here is that March is showing up as a major event for the start of volatility. In gold, it is a Panic Cycle, Directional Change, and high Volatility target. This is why we made our conferences for the end of March and it is why we have opened the Cycle of War, Gold & Sovereign Debt Crisis Conference to everyone. This is very important for if you do not invest understanding the REAL reason, then you will lack the confidence to stand by your investment decision. This is not a flat world with just one thing moving without impacting absolutely EVERY market around the world. Forget about the nonsense of hyperinflation. That has been the same propaganda since the 1970s. It not merely assumes that governments will honor their debts and just print (really stupid), but this is the classical one-dimensional thinking that is incapable of seeing anything else around them. just another guy w/ a setup , no matter what happens , he told you so. easy to make money that way senor what i like is all the convinced bears, then there is the gann guy, great long term perspective and waiting to buy @the new lows. bulls are to make people chase. seems the set up right now. just my 2c dharma

Edited by dharma, 07 February 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#165 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

20% move into March and then swoosh: sounds about right BUT wdik

Posted Image

#166 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

same Read Jguitar?
http://scharts.co/1bHNf3M

#167 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

this is the seasonal chart of crude oil http://seasonalchart...ics_rohoel.html
then this http://hosted.ap.org...-02-08-10-14-18
i dont expect bands to start playing announcing the bottom in gold. i read everyone.
there are always varied opinions. this last low in the pms had all the markings of a bottom
will it prove to be the bottom, the jury is still out. to my mind no resistance has been even tested
the fact of the matter is we live in a financial world that is becoming more and more unstable.
not having some protection in ones portfolio , is not wise in this climate.
it seems to me, the psychology of the market is ripe for the return of the bull.
lets see if the market agrees. in this environment , mistakes are made
i read where the fed is tapering. if i look @ the fed balance sheet , they were actually printing 95 billion a month, saying it was 85 billion
and they have now tapered to 85 billion. i get this from seeing the increases in their balance sheet. of course i dont know . but these are
the figures. its why i do my own research. sure i make mistakes , its the nature of the beast. the important thing is to have resources
to fight the next battle
guys like shadow stats are around because the figures dont add up.
dharma

#168 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

Clive Maund Gold Market Update
originally published January 26th, 2014

LINK
Peace
johngeorge

#169 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

the future of the gold bull lies in the hands of the far east. gold buying in that part of the world is not a momo play. its religious and a cultural force in china. one way or another the gold will find a home in these places. experience shows that when we reach a resistance point , and the price keeps returning to that point. sooner or later that hammering gives way. today , price broke out of a big symmetrical triangle. above 1434 and we have something significant happening . yellen speaks 2x this week -tues and thursday we will get insight into what direction she takes this thing. as always, watch what they do, take what they say w/a grain of salt. crude oil is in its seasonal strong time, it too could be a driver. just remember nothing has been proven yet. not a time to price chase, which has been the downfall of the bugs. i imagine the pom pom cheer leaders to show up soon. it takes a while to build up to a parabola. it doesnt happen right after 2+ years of bear and groping for a bottom. this bottom is looking more and more promising lots of independent thinkers and researchers on this board. its a good place to check for information. dharma

#170 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

The HUI and XAU declines from their Jan 24 rally highs look clearly corrective with a correction possibly completing at yesterdays low, today's rally basis the daily charts IMO look very encouraging and potentially impulsive, very interesting setup going into a weekend.

BSing away

Senor

well here we are just above at HUI 222-225, right at the high end of key resistance, should breakout and keep accelerating higher if bullish as I think there is a good chance it could be, lookin bueno "so far"

Senor