Top alert fired...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 TrendChange

TrendChange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

I had a top alert fire this morning. I have been out of the market with a profit since last week so it means nothing to me (http://www.traders-t...09). I need to work on patience for these signals as I would have taken a larger profit then I did otherwise. What remains to be seen is if the market chugs higher as internals fall apart in a strong price trend.

#2 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

I had a top alert fire this morning. I have been out of the market with a profit since last week so it means nothing to me (http://www.traders-t...09). I need to work on patience for these signals as I would have taken a larger profit then I did otherwise.

What remains to be seen is if the market chugs higher as internals fall apart in a strong price trend.

No shame in taking a profit TC it was a good one. Next one, Scale... take the bulk and leave a runner.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#3 TrendChange

TrendChange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

I had a top alert fire this morning. I have been out of the market with a profit since last week so it means nothing to me (http://www.traders-t...09). I need to work on patience for these signals as I would have taken a larger profit then I did otherwise.

What remains to be seen is if the market chugs higher as internals fall apart in a strong price trend.

No shame in taking a profit TC it was a good one. Next one, Scale... take the bulk and leave a runner.

Thanks Z. I am going to add that to my exit trade procedures/check list/notes. Take half profits and let the rest ride with a stop. I'm having to undo a life time of brain damage in money making. Getting up going to work is proactive money making. Taking market profits and managing a trade is reactive money making, an entirely different skill set.

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

Thanks Z. I am going to add that to my exit trade procedures/check list/notes. Take half profits and let the rest ride with a stop. I'm having to undo a life time of brain damage in money making. Getting up going to work is proactive money making. Taking market profits and managing a trade is reactive money making, an entirely different skill set.

whats wrong with the long side? gotta long way to go

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

What remains to be seen is if the market chugs higher as internals fall apart in a strong price trend

No matter where you look the internals are stronger now than ANY time in history going back to 1926.

So...you'll have a long wait for A top, no less, THE top.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#6 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

Guys we do not know what TC is using in leverage so he may be doing the correct thing for his risk profile. He seems smart enough to figure it out.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#7 TrendChange

TrendChange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

Guys we do not know what TC is using in leverage so he may be doing the correct thing for his risk profile. He seems smart enough to figure it out.

That last trade I backed the truck up with DDM. Eventually I want to switch over to the YM but I need to have more precision and comfort with my system first.

Calling this a "top alert" may be a bit misleading. I am designing my system to alert bottoms and get the meat of the middle on the long side only.

Edited by TrendChange, 28 February 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#8 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

That last trade I backed the truck up with DDM. Eventually I want to switch over to the YM but I need to have more precision and comfort with my system first.

Calling this a "top alert" may be a bit misleading. I am designing my system to alert bottoms and get the meat of the middle on the long side only.

Sounds like your on the right track. Keep up the good work TC and thanks for sharing some with us.

#9 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

No matter where you look the internals are stronger now than ANY time in history going back to 1926.

Fib

some data to backup that statement will be nice..

#10 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

Fib

some data to backup that statement will be nice..

here let me help with the data.....its called ewave......and the epicenter of primary wave 3 up....some indexes such as the VLE are allready in it......fwiw