bottoming is a process

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#161 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

gotta wonder if the S$P finished an ugly diagonal triangle fifth wave today, if it did watch out below, huge daily and weekly divergences here

Senor

S&P-wise market may be about to call the Fed's bluff. If so, that was the last taper. So far GDX has held support. Back into NUGT. Go gold!

top picking the stock market is littered with corpses, however I did peruse some of the daily/weekly/monthly charts and the stock market looks about as bad as I'd expect if a MAJOR top was forming. That solo act and possible ending diag in the S&P "could" be very bearish

Senor

#162 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

gotta wonder if the S$P finished an ugly diagonal triangle fifth wave today, if it did watch out below, huge daily and weekly divergences here

Senor

S&P-wise market may be about to call the Fed's bluff. If so, that was the last taper. So far GDX has held support. Back into NUGT. Go gold!

top picking the stock market is littered with corpses, however I did peruse some of the daily/weekly/monthly charts and the stock market looks about as bad as I'd expect if a MAJOR top was forming. That solo act and possible ending diag in the S&P "could" be very bearish

Senor

Hear that Seņor, but we'll know pretty soon. If we can't hold 1840 it 'should' be good for 100+ points on the downside. I'm really trying to focus on gold. that's where I'm going to make, or lose, the most money. LOL

#163 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

bot a modest tranche this morning in SLV/SIL/GDX, DYODD as usual Senor

#164 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

i read battle for investment survival by loeb when i started in this biz. he said when you start in the biz you take a shot gun approach(briefly summarizing), say 10different areas of the market . then as you progress you get 3 good ideas. then 1 good idea. for better or worse my one good idea is the metals. so w/you gold fungus. and i agree w/senor if the broads top and plunge, that sucking sound will be everything else coming along for the ride, except of course the bonds. fridays gold cot showed the commercials selling an enormous amount of short contracts. silver was not the case. then this morning we get a familiar wake up call in gold. hey i have seen that trick before the opening before. no new tricks. if the bull is alive and well, then every couple of days i expect to read bullish news for gold. if this is a wave 2, which i think it is , then normal is .618 correction, @least. seasonally we approaching the end of the weak season. miners get exaggerated in both directions. i wonder how much gold is left in western cbs? the support is stronger in this zone and even stronger in the 1280-1310 range. dharma

#165 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

what are you seeing to tempt you back in the water with sharks all around?

bot a modest tranche this morning in SLV/SIL/GDX, DYODD as usual

Senor

#166 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

what are you seeing to tempt you back in the water with sharks all around?

bot a modest tranche this morning in SLV/SIL/GDX, DYODD as usual

Senor

isnt that when you want to jump back in the water when there are sharks all around?
or
do you jump in when everyone else is chasing?
just asking?
dharma

#167 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

yes surely but gold looks almost certain to see 1280 now imo and silver low 19s

#168 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

the bears are clearly in the drivers seat here though to be fair i could see a trade for a day or two

#169 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

posting this again:
http://scharts.co/1criMde

#170 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

posting this again:
http://scharts.co/1criMde

Silver Wheaton looks like it should bottom around March 26+/- a day or two, which is pretty close to what Erik Hadik has been predicting.

Posted Image
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/