bottoming is a process

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#141 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

interesting to see we are in agreement then. Why the sudden change of heart?

exited ALL longs today, including core longs, been a great year so far and with what I view as 5 down off the highs in gold and HUI/GDX/XAU I am turning into a trader only for now, took a small loss the past few days on SLV and a few small miner stock/ETF positions I purchased. I'd rather just kick back here and see what develops, do note that while I still think we soon see a more significant bounce I'd rather be careful here.

as always DYODD

Senor

#142 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

exited ALL longs today, including core longs, been a great year so far and with what I view as 5 down off the highs in gold and HUI/GDX/XAU I am turning into a trader only for now, took a small loss the past few days on SLV and a few small miner stock/ETF positions I purchased. I'd rather just kick back here and see what develops, do note that while I still think we soon see a more significant bounce I'd rather be careful here.

as always DYODD

Senor

5 down near term IMO and silver acting poorly, if I am right I should be able to buy the miners lower, so why take any risk? and I can always get back in at any time and in a matter of seconds, sometimes i just like to be flat at a time like this even if I lean to the bullish side

Senor

#143 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

I may wait 'till next Friday on my next buy, I see they jacked up premium on the british sovereigns since I bought them last year. I just pick up a little something in lows, I don't have much cash right now, the sovereigns are ok for that a little here and there. And they wont price proportionally with spot, it's not worth anguishing over that much. We should have big high coming up after this. Next week should be good for some long calls. I can get a general commodities fund in the 401k with this swing too, needed one anyway. The inflation is palpable, even in chinese electronics type stuff, but certainly in worker non-discretionary living basics.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#144 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:50 AM

smart move Imo
The down could get really ugly

as always DYODD

Senor

5 down near term IMO and silver acting poorly, if I am right I should be able to buy the miners lower, so why take any risk? and I can always get back in at any time and in a matter of seconds, sometimes i just like to be flat at a time like this even if I lean to the bullish side

Senor

#145 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

Just did a google search and came up with this about MA's pi cycle...

http://planetforecas...g-215-year.html

In summary, each 2.15-year cycle tracks:

3 1/2 orbits of Venus
8/7 orbits of Mars
2/11 orbits of Jupiter

We have already seen that Venus, Mars and Jupiter are all important movers of the stock market.

On a much larger scale, there are 1000 2.15-year cycles in an astrological age (2,150 years), and 12,000 cycles in the precession of the equinox (~25,800 years).

Chat from the site above from site owner Platy...

"there is a good chance to see a reversal on March 25 (+/- 1 day), and another on March 30-31 (+/- 1 day). Unfortunately I cannot tell you in advance whether these dates will give highs or lows.

Van Anh nguyenMarch 17, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Tks Platy. Today, Gold reaches top 1392.Will watch to see on 25 and March. Keep update your work on April and so on. "

russ the mathematics of martys cycles also have relevance to the planets. i have been doing vedic astrology for 23 years professionally. and in the last 10 years i have begun studying financial astrology, using western astrology techniques. the relevance of the planetary movements on financial markets makes the work worth while. gann used astrology in his work. in fact he emphasized the relevance of the solstice/equinox.for changes in trend. that being said combining the astro influence, elliott , and the seasonal charts leads me to believe that this bounce i was calling for on the 21st is just that. the decline continues next week. i appreciate senors thoughts. he is a consummate trader. no attachments. he is one of the few that posts his trades.
april will see gold/silver get back to upside appreciation. for me the most important move for gold will be the indian elections. when the banksters got the harvard graduate chidambaram to have a cut on gold importation to india, then the trap door gave way in april. having the unencumbered indians back in the market changes the equation. up until their exit from the market , they were the largest gold buyers in the world. i want to see that 80-20 rule scrapped
i read marty every day. his ego hits the ceiling even in cyberspace. his work is unparalleled. will he be right on his call for the low 2015.75 time will tell. lots of things could go wrong between now and then. the system is maxxed out. the wheeler cycle has turned up and debt keeps growing. there are a few timers that rode the move up from 400-875 i was one of em. it wasnt genius it was luck . along the way , there was tons of reasons to punt. from wherever and whenever wave 2 of this up wave ends, the bulls will be sitting next to the banksters. many are getting out of the commodity biz. its not by accident or feeling guilty for their price manipulations . its so they can ride invisibly.
dharma
i am long and will add if my parameters are met(oversold and diverging) on issues i like.
any one notice palladium the russian bear controls that market. some palladium stocks are downright cheap. bears are not rats that can backed into a corner. they attack 1st . its a small world , all economies are interdependent and interconnected. its about control and power.

#146 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

russ the mathematics of martys cycles also have relevance to the planets. i have been doing vedic astrology for 23 years professionally. and in the last 10 years i have begun studying financial astrology, using western astrology techniques. the relevance of the planetary movements on financial markets makes the work worth while. gann used astrology in his work. in fact he emphasized the relevance of the solstice/equinox.for changes in trend. that being said combining the astro influence, elliott , and the seasonal charts leads me to believe that this bounce i was calling for on the 21st is just that. the decline continues next week. i appreciate senors thoughts. he is a consummate trader. no attachments. he is one of the few that posts his trades.
april will see gold/silver get back to upside appreciation. for me the most important move for gold will be the indian elections. when the banksters got the harvard graduate chidambaram to have a cut on gold importation to india, then the trap door gave way in april. having the unencumbered indians back in the market changes the equation. up until their exit from the market , they were the largest gold buyers in the world. i want to see that 80-20 rule scrapped
i read marty every day. his ego hits the ceiling even in cyberspace. his work is unparalleled. will he be right on his call for the low 2015.75 time will tell. lots of things could go wrong between now and then. the system is maxxed out. the wheeler cycle has turned up and debt keeps growing. there are a few timers that rode the move up from 400-875 i was one of em. it wasnt genius it was luck . along the way , there was tons of reasons to punt. from wherever and whenever wave 2 of this up wave ends, the bulls will be sitting next to the banksters. many are getting out of the commodity biz. its not by accident or feeling guilty for their price manipulations . its so they can ride invisibly.
dharma
i am long and will add if my parameters are met(oversold and diverging) on issues i like.
any one notice palladium the russian bear controls that market. some palladium stocks are downright cheap. bears are not rats that can backed into a corner. they attack 1st . its a small world , all economies are interdependent and interconnected. its about control and power.

Dharma, I usually read Marty every day too, he is a 'one in a billion' kind of guy, a brainiac freak, not perfect but very interesting, not many can keep up with him, running his AI computer system and also now building a climate model computer that he says will more accurate than anything out there. I even noticed he wrote that ESP is real which I also know to be true both from studies and personal experience. There is a hidden order in the extreme high frequencies of the world.

Yes I appreciate that Senor posts his trades. I am currently long nugt, although I think gold may go down into next week.

We have to also give credit to Eric Hadik who has been right on with gold and as I posted he is looking for 1425 by April/May.

Edited by Russ, 21 March 2014 - 10:25 AM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#147 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

SLV still holding and trading at the key 19.49/19.50 area I highlighted, I will say basis daily charts that wave "c" of an abc decline "could still" bottom here, we've become fairly oversold basis daily oscillators as well. However upside bounce today is very weak so far and so far looks corrective. Remaining neutral and watchful. In addition a modest new decline low in gold and HUI/GDX could result in 7 down from highs, tough call for now and just relaxin. BSing away Senor

#148 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

Just did a google search and came up with this about MA's pi cycle...

http://planetforecas...g-215-year.html

In summary, each 2.15-year cycle tracks:

3 1/2 orbits of Venus
8/7 orbits of Mars
2/11 orbits of Jupiter

We have already seen that Venus, Mars and Jupiter are all important movers of the stock market.

On a much larger scale, there are 1000 2.15-year cycles in an astrological age (2,150 years), and 12,000 cycles in the precession of the equinox (~25,800 years).

Chat from the site above from site owner Platy...

"there is a good chance to see a reversal on March 25 (+/- 1 day), and another on March 30-31 (+/- 1 day). Unfortunately I cannot tell you in advance whether these dates will give highs or lows.

Van Anh nguyenMarch 17, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Tks Platy. Today, Gold reaches top 1392.Will watch to see on 25 and March. Keep update your work on April and so on. "

dharma

#149 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

FCX turning up at significant support
copper going to turn?

http://scharts.co/YGnOul

#150 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

SLV is just sittin at my key 19.50 level, will likely close right here, extremely interesting and important, we are oversold and have some near term divergences. C wave ending and wave 2 bottoming? or 3rd wave down headed to new lows, these appear the two obvious and likely and radically different choices Senor