178 replies to this topic

#31 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

the bears are yesterdays news
deflation is yesterdays news.
we are moving to a more inflationary view. hyperinflation is someones dream. i have never seen that . i remain in the stagflation view. we are very early in that cycle
looking @the charts, my educated guess is silver is going to lead. we banged towards 1358 a couple of times and it was too well defended. we back off shake off the weak hands and then try the maginot line again. i suspect next week
the feel of the market has changed.
there are lots of gurus out there. one will wear the mantle of supreme guru for a period. my job is to make $$$ so, i read all of them , maybe except ski. and do what i think, and what i think is this is a correction the market has an impulsive feel and if i can get a silver miner that is oversold and diverging on the hourly charts then i add, if not i sit tight
its obvious to me that big money has come into the mining sector. sinclair told me when i started in this biz, the big money comes into the miners 1st . then they physical. i operate under this principle . it makes sense to me. the big money gets more bang for their buck that way. just take alook @the volume in the miners over the last couple of months. most are up 30% and the juniors have doubled and tripled. look @ sprotts lsg.
the backdrop of rising commodity prices is real. doughts and money printing have changed the game. now the wheeler war cycle has turned up. the bear in gold served its purpose. now , things are slowly slowly changing. anyone preaching parabola now , hand them some pom poms its a slow steady grind
dharma

dharma:

In reviewing the psychology here most “are in disbelief” that the Juniors are “on the move” here and most are waiting for the “majors” to really show the big impulsive up moves. Most seem to remember that late 2010 and early 2011 period when the Juniors “roared” while the majors “snored” – and as a result “view” our current positioning as an “ending sequence”, because that’s what they REMEMBER. Well IMHO the Juniors are the “canaries in the coal mine” - I am becoming more and more convinced that this “broad-based move” in the “little ones” is becoming largely DISCOUNTED and as a result, has a lot more legs to the upside, FWIW!

stubaby B)

#32 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

thanks dougie that worked the 1st slw chart is a very bullish pattern, imo stubaby- china has increased its gold demand. india will come back on line. these are the tonnes buyers. mine output has been stagnant and present supplies are getting used up. the majors are have to go shopping gg w/oskff is the shot across the bow. . in the last bull , and it was later in the game. takeovers happened on a very regular basis. and miners were valued for what was thought to be in the ground. the gambling, thus the big money was made in the juniors. dharma Shanghai Gold Exchange deliveries have come back strongly at 743,700 ounces... this is who your miners will supply. the game will change . miners from most hated to loved

Edited by dharma, 07 March 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#33 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:42 AM

silver with the 20.61 overnight low I think has a good chance to have completed 5 down for wave C and if correct should now be ready to move higher in a large leg up BSing away Senor

#34 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

interesting here, need to see a bit more of a bounce off the low but I am thinking the odds are increasing that silver's correction, and likely the miner's too, is done, added some SLV and SLW with tight stops

Senor

Like the action is SLV and silver, SLW also trading nicely in the early going, adding a little SIL here

Senor

#35 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

keep in mind that the seasonal chart has gold entering its weak season by the end of march/early april. http://www.seasonalc...ssics_gold.html
will this year be anomaly? well the 21-22 month cycle in gold also ends in march/april. the 1st few expressions of the cycle were highs. this last one was a low.
the indian elections are soon, but not yet. the mobsters still have the indian buying corralled. these are part of the tonnes buying. these buyers dont watch moving averages and other technicals . they buy as a matter of survival. the rupee is not exactly a rock solid fiat, to say the least
the 1358 level stands above the market today. yes, i am bullish , but a realist. heading into the weak season and the market unable to break above resistance is not a pretty picture. yes , there is ukraine. yes, there are the indian elections. but neither of these factors are reasons to put the cart in front of the horse. will something occur..............maybe. i like the look and feel of the market. but show me. meanwhile the banksters @gs et al are saying gold will hit 1k in 14. maybe............summer is the weak season
dharma

#36 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

meanwhile the banksters @gs et al are saying gold will hit 1k in 14. maybe............summer is the weak season yes they are. why are they telegraphing this move so well? either they are correct and it will, and they know folks will not be able to buy back in in time...or

#37 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

DUST getting a stochs cross at oversold on the weekly which has usually been good for some upside action we will see

#38 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

http://www.telegraph...-in-Europe.html
to halt contraction of credit and avert Japanese-style trap
mind you this germany
dharma

#39 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Japan pledges to print money and increase taxes to 8%. TOKYO (Reuters) - The Bank of Japan is expected to maintain its massive monetary stimulus on Tuesday on a view the economy can weather a sales tax increase in April without extra support, although there is expected to be some concern about weakness in exports. The BOJ board can point to strength in industrial output, labor demand and consumer spending to back its view the economy will continue a gradual recovery and its 2 percent inflation target is achievable over the next 12 months or so. There is some concern within the BOJ about slow exports, but pessimists are not expected to have the numbers to tip the votes towards a downgrade of the central bank's stance that export growth will eventually rebound. After its two-day meeting ends on Tuesday, the central bank is widely expected to maintain its pledge of increasing base money, its key monetary policy gauge, at an annual pace of 60-70 trillion yen ($590-$690 billion). The BOJ launched the stimulus last April, saying it would lift inflation to 2 percent within around two years via aggressive asset purchases as it sought to end 15 years of deflation. A Reuters poll last month showed economists expect the BOJ to ease policy further around the middle of the year, as they say it will otherwise be difficult to meet the inflation target. With no policy changes expected, investors will be looking for signs of whether BOJ Governor Haruhiko Kuroda will stick to his economic assessment when the central bank reviews its forecasts next month. Kuroda and other officials have been confident the economy can survive the short-term shock when the sales tax rate rises to 8 percent from 5 percent on April 1.

#40 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:43 AM

interesting here, need to see a bit more of a bounce off the low but I am thinking the odds are increasing that silver's correction, and likely the miner's too, is done, added some SLV and SLW with tight stops

Senor

Like the action is SLV and silver, SLW also trading nicely in the early going, adding a little SIL here

Senor

bueno action so far, if bullish as I favor we have a bueno chance to see a big leg higher beginning

BSing away

Senor