take a look @1999 adn 2001

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#71 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

we are speculators! could be working on a rt shoulder of an inverse h&s pattern!? japan posted contraction on its economic #s last night, the 1st contraction since abe put in their massive qe program. ok what else are they going to do? yellen speaks today or tomorrow, so the smack down. look for sound and fury signifying nothing all week, maybe fridays job report gives the market direction. imo silver is dead money until we see a stronger uptrend in gold . when that occurs down the road, then i am a silver fan. it is the speculative side of the pms. seems putin is in control in the ukraine. he is a master chess strategist w/empire ideas . not sure that is todays environment. he is getting a ukraine that is over its head in debt. patience,lots of patience, and then add even more patience. the world partys on dharma

#72 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,075 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

did someone say abode? if so, could be if we go up from here

Edited by dougie, 30 April 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#73 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,075 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

having some trouble clearing that hurdle I see. Perhaps new lows are in store after all

#74 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

well the fomc came and went gold rallied into the statement , which is not allowed, then found its rightful place. not much of a surprise on all counts.
i did find some of the concepts in this piece to be interesting http://www.safehaven...the-bear-market
dharma
some of the dates coincide w/some dates thrown by others on the board. i think russ for one

#75 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,075 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

http://scharts.co/1hXmzLn

bullish divergence?

#76 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

A little big pic perspective....

Posted Image

#77 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

http://scharts.co/1hXmzLn

bullish divergence?

Correct Dougie - big-time!

stubaby B)

#78 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,075 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

hard to TRADe off that though

#79 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

in 1981 , after reagen liberated the price of crude oil (there was no exchange @that time) brokers did a good chunk of the biz to put buyer and seller together. i opened an oil brokerage firm. i specialized in crude oil. any way i dont remember the year , but what i remember was just before an opec meeting all the traders were short. i called phillip bros. and they sent me out w/an order to bring them sellers. every one was short to the teeth, there were no sellers. phi bro had got a corner on the market. folks did not cover until they were forced to @much higher prices. the reason that i mention this, is this am it felt to me like the same situation was present in the gold market. lots of paper gold. but w/ mine production halted or curtailed supplies seem limited =dg gofo watch out there could be @ some point a recognition
on some miner charts the bb is coming way in
gofo remains negative
497, 700 ounces delivered in Shanghai, a big session.
http://www.bloomberg...s-on-halts.html
the reason i mention my experience above , i had that feeling this am. we are heading to a point of recognition
to top it off this is an el nino year.
dharma

#80 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

i had that feeling this am. we are heading to a point of recognition
dharma

dharma:

I had the same feeling! "great minds....." and I think it is very near-by, FWIW

stubaby B)