MARKET THOUGHTS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

folks please keep in mind we are oversold...how much more does anyone need to push a winning trade...there will be more opportunities going both ways ahead.

keep your focus ...sometimes that comes with allowing yourself a breadth of fresh air or a cash position for just a few minutes to refocus on the range and conditions.

please review the thoughts from last fridays near close post 4 days ago.. you can see another link there to more than a few charts.

DOW to SLIDE ANOTHER 280-290 points ...

the reason i say this ...is because this is how you let the markets come to you ... by positioning early and with confidence .
:bowtie:

Edited by Mr Dev, 31 July 2014 - 11:50 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

so XAU is into the 99 area here. . and NUGT has dropped down into the 42.60 area ...

as i've talked about i've been thinking about an entry near the 42 area for a first position and then lower into the 41.- 41.5 ish area for a second position.

ill do a little oscillator checking to see the structure first .. and weigh the benefit vs risk of taking that long vs anything else short.

i dont do it often but there may be a case to have a little of both.. long mines and short indexes in the coming days.

:bowtie:

also as the DOW touches 16644 today .. here is the link a few days ago last FRIDAY sharing my work and idea for a DOW target of 16653....this week ! !

post Jul 25 2014, 10:41 AM
Post #7

Rut 5min signal was slow to advance thus a 10min signal was never seen instead the 5m signal died as price on the 10m chart reached resistance / transition area.

so now the RUT should test and ...make new lows on the day...if not then next week.

im looking for last weeks lows to break with a possible target of 1125 or about 20 points lower from here. ( almost another 288 Dow points or 16653.00 area )

keep in mind this may be a little on the exuberant side of the decline as i mentioned days ago i was actually looking for the retest of the 1134 zone called earlier in the month.

so the 1125 if not seen possibly TODAY ..may not evolve until we see another bounce next week off of 1134 first .. that fails.

meanwhile RUT remains weakest index of them all followed by the DOW the SPX and the NDX which is the order of preference for shorts.

if you're inclined to be bullish minded then youll want to look to the XAU and the EEM ..each has it leveraged vehicles.

next week i expect that the XAU will out perform the EEM to the bullish side...

so theres my 2 cents

trade smart bowrie.gif

Edited by Mr Dev, 31 July 2014 - 12:01 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#3 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

so 42.19 was the LOD on NUGT... id like to see a retest on that now that price has bounced back up to 42.88 ... still stalking and entry area between 41.5 and 42.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#4 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

im really interested in seeing if DOW 16653 is going to nail the closing print today . i suspect it will be off around 50cents but maybe even a buck or two.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#5 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

LOOKS LIKE 16598 printing now ..if it stay below target and although 20mins to go .. the area of 16653 becomes a bounce back target.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev