Time to get 100% long (for a trade)

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#51 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:47 PM

Two days in a row there is steady accumulation during our session. I'd expect Europeans to take a note and blast it during theirs. But then maybe this is too simplistic of a reasoning.

#52 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:00 AM

I noticed recently a lot of GLD options buying, not good untill they expire on 7/17 IMO. Silver usually rises when the grains rise, looks good for the medium/long term IMO. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#53 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:51 AM

the latest from MA... Greece Surrenders its Sovereignty to Brussels Posted on July 1, 2015 by Martin Armstrong greekeuro The Syriza government is backing down because of the realization the Brussels will declare economic war on Greece and deliberately try to plunge the country into total ruin far worse than the sanctions imposed on Russia. This is a sad day for the entire world. It is a terrible example that the Troika is the new equivalent of a Roman Triumvirate – the death of democracy. Europeans will remember this day for it is when national sovereignty died. We have a copy of a letter sent from Greece to the EU accepting all terms. This is a surrender of sovereignty and no doubt the truth of this turnaround will be hidden from the public at large worldwide – not just the Greek people. All our fears of moving into Economic Totalitarianism are coming true. Democratic principles are dead – love live Totalitarianism. No doubt this is the toast in Brussels last night behind the curtain of course.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#54 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:30 PM

The lesson learned is never bet against the miners.

#55 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:47 PM

Huh? The miners are falling apart. dust is almost $20 now
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#56 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:53 PM

Huh? The miners are falling apart. dust is almost $20 now

Yes, I went long GLD the other day while miners were already exhibiting weakness. I disregarded miners' weakness which wasn't smart.

#57 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:19 AM

Eric Hadik's opinion: "Gold & Silver remain on track for a drop into July 2015… potentially into July 13--17, 2015… and ideally into July 17, 2015." -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#58 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:53 PM

Gold should fall near term due to margin calls in other instruments of destruction. Me being long Gold, short the Euro I will probably do nothing or maybe just sell 1/4th of my Gold and/or Silver trading positions. It does look like that we should have a mid-July low after all. -tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#59 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

As I posted late Sunday night on the t-theory and forgot to post the same here, sorry el-tria Says: 07/05/2015 at 9:02 pm A mid July low is now very probable time wise. Price wise about $18-20 lower from last Thursday’s close IMO. (The close last thursday was about $1,1173) -tria

Edited by tria, 08 July 2015 - 10:14 AM.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#60 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:10 PM

From Eric Hadik’s latest free email today. “The Golden Buy Signal All of that sets the stage for a new buy signal in Gold & Silver – that could come during the second half of July. However, several criteria MUST be met – including the attainment of those downside price targets – before that buy signal emerges. Once triggered, that is expected to usher in what has been described for the past few years – a massive surge in Gold & Silver between mid-2015 and a specific point in 2016 (and ultimately into 2018)! Is the (metals) buying opportunity of the decade… around the corner???”

~ Wayne Gretzky