• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#11 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:00 PM

Some people got screwed in stocks, left without any real money in the mattress.

I am still cost averaging stock for this year because I do believe him that 2017 will

explode up for stocks,

probably in gov debt failure (puerto rico), bail-ins, etc

or also on hypermonetization ponzies if they try that, it looks like they are taking it

down for bail-in premise.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#12 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:59 PM

there SHOULD be serious resistance here but gold and miners are treating such resitance with ease.

#13 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:17 PM

not clear what we are retracing here? The whole shebang or something less. Too early to say

#14 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:48 AM

yes gdx has taken out some long term declining resistance tl

gold exploded out of this cycle -1213 and broke into the next higher cycle starting w/big resistance @1229 is big resistance and the next higher cycle

the fed head is talking and gold is rising. hasnt happened in the last 4 yrs or so. in a bear market the market gets overbought and then the market gets clobbered

in a bull market the market gets overbought and it can stay overbought for quite some time.

i plan to take a little off , but not just yet.  the 17-19 and 23-26 are dates i am watching 

dharma

#15 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:41 PM

http://www.zerohedge...orders-physical

the bullish % index has crossed 50% for the 1st time since 12=it means that 50%of the stocks in the index are bullish . =its not a high # still early in the advance

29th indian budget  might there be a cut in the gold tariffs?

shanghai starts starts trading gold in april

look east

that is where the bulk of the buying will come from

the folks there have been through economic upheavals time and time again

dharma

gann guy

http://www.ganngloba...e1c27fc4152ffcf

#16 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:14 AM

dougie(1260) and a friend of mine were calling for a 50-100 move

voila yesterday

the gld has had rises in the gold it holds up to 716 tonnes

several of the large bankster firms came forward yesterday and said gold will trade higher than 1200

the dollar/yen chart looks good in favor the yen, 

in 80 the lines were not to buy, but folks lined up to sell their family silver heirlooms  

china has started its own investment bank  150 countries have signed up to be members  china and russia have stopped buying us treasuries, and they are bypassing the dollar making deals w/middle eastern producers in their own currencies. the petro dollar  seems to be fading away= the dollar is slowly reducing its reserve currency status

jpm is accumulating a large silver stash http://www.globalres...5445589/5445589

dont think we are @ the top yet. but taking some off on a horn is a good idea

in time it wont be a question of where you sold , but how much you have

those mountains of unaddressed debt  are not speaking they are yelling. and very few are listening

dharma

so far the only one who called this right is hadik

#17 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:20 PM

sentiment

HGNSI was unchanged at 40% yesterda

. MarketVane’s bullish consensus rose 4 points to 49%,

DSI rose 11 points to 88%.

so in slightly bullish territory

but, not at a sell yet

dharma

#18 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:09 PM

this rally has done some things that we have not seen since the highs in 11. 

that leads me to believe the market  has changed, which doesnt mean that  we are out of the woods, but it does mean to me, until proven otherwise, that the characteristics we are seeing displayed is bull market action. i do see the distinct possibility that the lows are tested or close to it.  of course they could be broken.

however, i have not put on a large position, until we have a good test. 

mars is still in scorpio. =bullish the metals it leaves 3/6 

today helio mercury enters sagg until the 26th , which tends to also be bullish

so , i am bullish but cautious. there are many currents in the markets.  so, this new bull , if it is what i think it is, is fragile

there are 2 guys i follow based on sun spot activities, that have been accurate , they are calling for drought like conditions into the growing season. which should seal the lows for the food stuffs and start an uptrend there

dharma

pulling back to 1200 is not a surprise. 

#19 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:53 AM

gann had a technique called overbalancing , in the case i am going to give , an overbalancing of price. this rally exceeded the previous rally in gold =it gained more points. it went further. this is an indication of a change in trend

now through the 29th india is on the shelf waiting for the new budget to be announced. the thought is, the mobsters will lower the tariff from 10%

i have a long position that i am trading. my interest is in the miners.  i think they have alot of price catching up to do

i do think there is another leg to come  which should bring us over 1300, but we will see

currie of gs is calling for 4 rate hikes this year. which he says will bring to 1k by years end. 

you never which side gs plays.  they use their clients as bait as well 

so the longs are the hedgies which borrow money from the banks to finance their positions. 

i dont know if 1190 is all that was needed. but i do look for a bottom in this time frame

next week should see more upside

the fall in the broad market exposed the weakness perceived in the banks. the financial sector has problems

the money they lent the frackers may be the tip of the iceberg

dharma

#20 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:19 PM

1175?