• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:18 AM

some silver jrs have really put on a show; moves of 3-4 baggers seem common

An interesting phenomenon which is often observed in the late 'under cover distribution' to the innocent

and unsuspected souls. Hope you have distributed some as well...

Not to be misunderstood Dougie, I am speaking short and/or perhaps medium term, not long term !

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#92 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:48 AM

the pullback was on very light volume

the bull is very young. 

It is no trick at all to be right on the market. I’ve known many [traders] who were right at exactly the right time, and began buying or selling stocks when prices were at the very level that should show the greatest profit. And their experience invariably matched mine; that is, they made no real money out of it. [Traders] who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn. But it is only after a stock operator has firmly grasped this that he can make the big money.” — Jesse Livermore

dharma

Dharma my friend, I think  you will agree that trading conditions have changed dramatically since the Livermore's era

and one has to respond and adjust accordingly.

Anyway it is very easy for one to say. buy something tangible and hold it for dear life.

If so, it is certain that one will be IN throughout any kind of a 3rd of a THIRD both UP and DOWN.

Granted, timing is challenging, difficult, often frusrtating and stressful but very financially rewarding if succesfully done

more often than not and stops (mental at least) are in place.

Just my personal opinion/experience, nothing more.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#93 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

tria, different strokes for different folks.  as i have been pointing out for 2-3 months conditions in this market have changed. . most did not buy in december and added very little thereafter.  even though many of the juniors are up 2x and more, they are still very cheap and offer great value

on a monthly chart gold is in a bull wedge , which i think after we finish this C wave decline will be off to test the 1309 area. i  bought /added to chpgf. today. as i think this abundant low grade mine will become viable @ higher gold prices, and this one has not appreciated much rifel , the ceo has had many winners before and he is not wasting money building the mine out now @ 1200 gold. he is just sitting on the asset waiting for higher gold prices. this is the strategy i like to see from ceos.  others waste money trying to build out a project when prices are low and money is dear. then they have to go into the market to raise funds diluting share price.  there are seveal of these kinds of plays out there. here is the links from the denver gold forum. http://www.denvergol...st-live-stream/  listen w/discriminating ears. ceos job , they think , is to build out a property, well yes it is depending on the time. if gold prices are such that it is not profitable to build out a mine , but there are substantial assets , then why not do nothing until price is viable and just sit on the asset not wasting share holder money !!! folks complain about dilution, i complain about dilution . well find ceos who understand the gold cycle  money will become more available and less dear  when gold prices are higher

anyhow, on the hourly charts gold/gdx are now oversold i will wait for hourly divergences to buy some other issues that have caught my eye..  doing nothing , or buying other assets is what you want to see.  not using up money to build a mine @1200 gold when it costs 1k+ to mine the project

dharma

#94 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:08 AM

True Dharma, you seem to know a lot about picking up good miners with great potential.

No time for me or inclination from me to do that.

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#95 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

tria, i learned in the last bull. it was tough. s.african miners were the rage , well the miners went on strike, the mines were deep, so flooding occurred, it was an extremely difficult set of circumstances. 

today, there are smart people out there. who have profited immensely from the mining biz . rick rule comes to mind. why do you think sprott partnered w/him. and he had brent cook as his geologist.! 

investing is a biz and if one is not making it or treating it as such , well his competition is  i enjoy the challenge , but 11-16 were tough years.  now its time to make some money

any one notice silver had the golden cross!?

i do not see ebullience at this top the sentiment #s were middling . this is not yet wave 2 imo.  so, i am a buyer over the next couple of days here 

we will see

dharma

negative rales prevail

china has embarked on a very large solar build out  and modi has talked about it

the conductor used is silver.  i look for silver to start playing ketchup w/gold 

chpgf has a very large silver strike as well as gold mentates is a very large find

Edited by dharma, 23 March 2016 - 10:28 AM.

#96 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:29 AM

as for livermore. i think conditions have changed only due to volatility . the last 90 years have seen a steady diet of money printing under one guise or another "guns and butter" "qe" etc.  i do a gann technique -cycles of the low.  so as price increases volatility also increases. today we have a 25 dollar down day in gold  . @the 252 low in gold  25 would have been a huge % move, now its barely a yawn.   .i think all the old principles of success still are applicable. its just due to higher prices that volatility has increased.  studying some silvers. and there are not a ton of silver stocks.  the golden cross and silver sitting on its 200dma . i may just add more to chesapeake gold 500million oz in the ground. w/ a wise operator in control and he sits on the board of gg. due to his past ceo of glamis gold.  

scouring

dharma

also i reserve the right to change on a dime. as conditions in the market change

hgnsi unchanged yesterday @20%  hardly ebullience seen @ tops

#97 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:12 PM

dharma

"also i reserve the right to change on a dime. as conditions in the market change"   Amen.

I did add to my chpgf position for all the reasons you cited.  I like his leadership.  In addition I added to my MUX position betting on Rob McEwen.

Thanks for the thread. smile.png

Peace
johngeorge

#98 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:26 PM

JG what price you pick up chesepeake

#99 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User